View Poll Results: What is Your Favorite Kind of Hosiery and Why?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Nylon Stockings with Garter Belt

93 39.08%
  • 2) Thigh Highs

67 28.15%
  • 3) Pantyhose

111 46.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stockings

tricot gal

Hosiery Favorites: What Do You Like to Wear and Why?

Hosiery has been for a long time an essential part of my lingerie wardrobe. I simply adore the look and especially the feel of wearing nylon hosiery on my legs. My initial interest in women's hosiery occurred over forty years ago when I watched my wife get dressed in the morning. Whatever kind of hose she was putting on captivated me as they looked so sensuous, soft and sexy. The female leg in stockings really turns me on!

It wasn't too long until I began to check out the wastebaskets in our bedroom to see whether my wife had discarded her garter stockings, thigh highs or pantyhose. If she had, I always retrieved them and tried them on. Sometimes to my delight, the fit wasn't too bad and I hid them in my chest of drawers so that I could wear them with a pair of her panties and possibly one of her bras and garter belts.

After awhile, I decided to obtain my own hosiery collection. Because she was shorter and weighed less than I did, I could rarely wear her pantyhose comfortably and her garter stockings either didn't match or had terrible runs in them. Not only that, when I tried on her garter belt, it drooped badly or was too small for my waist. Consequently, I started to visit department stores and learned about hosiery sizing. Slowly but surely I purchased various kinds of hosiery for myself. Currently I have some VS and Hanes pantyhose, Pretty Polly and Hanes thigh highs and Berkshire sheer garter stockings. I love them all and select the type of hose of the day depending upon what I think will look best with the lingerie outfit that I am wearing that particular day.

I am curious what your experiences have been when you decided to buy and wear hosiery. I would also like to know if you prefer to wear one of the three types of hosiery rather than the other two. As for myself, my longtime favorite is sheer (15 denier or less) nylon garter stockings. When I run my fingers up and down my hose encased legs, the sensation is absolutely divine. I also love to wear lace top thigh highs and sheer to waist pantyhose. All three kinds make me feel and look sexy. What are your opinions?

I love the sexyness of garters/stockings, which got my vote.

I usually wear pantyhose, however. I finally found some hol-ups that held up on their own (after loosing 50+ poulds ), but have yet to find them as appealing as stockings or pantyhose.
    DonnaT

i love wearing open bottom girdles and nylons

they feel great

I love wearing stockings with a basque. I also sometimes wear tights (pantyhose), it all depends on my outfit.

nylons and garter gets my vote but I am in desperate need of help as to how to wear them, I had a hard time keeping them fastened today on my maiden voyage as a true cross dresser, god I loved it.
    Melissa
    "It is good to begin well; it is better to end well"

I voted thigh highs simply because I don't have the hips to suitably wear a garter belt. In winter months, I tend to wear pantyhose more often, but that is mostly for the added insulation under my jeans.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Definately stockings and garter belt, they are sooooooooo....sexy.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Just pantyhose... great feeling...
    luv,

Lisa

Platinum Member
    ok like i love them all but for every day and user frendly ...........my vote is for panty hose .................just nice simple and easy till the dam things get a run..................

Talking

Thigh tops of course.That way you can become unencumbered for some of lifes more juicy moments most quickly.

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar
    I wear some type of hose everyday even when I am not dressed under my male cloths. I wear tights or pantyhose most the time, but I do wear either thigh highs or as we call them here in the UK hold ups in the summer months I do wear stockings with suspenders (garter belt) sometimes.

But for sheer comfort I like pantyhose the best.
    Love Sandra xx

It depends on the weather, in winter I wear pantyhose most of the time, and I can find very nice and cute ones, printed or with special lace shape.
    Rest of the year I wear light stockings, to give my legs a smooth and/or bright finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    I wear some type of hose everyday even when I am not dressed under my male cloths. I wear tights or pantyhose most the time, but I do wear either thigh highs or as we call them here in the UK hold ups in the summer months I do wear stockings with suspenders (garter belt) sometimes.

But for sheer comfort I like pantyhose the best.
    I'm with Sandra on this one, I wear pantyhose everyday under my male kit, I just don't feel right without them. I have to wait for the right timing each morning, it's risky with the SO about, but so far I've got away with it. In the evenings when we both watch TV and I'm stretched out on the settee, I have to be on my guard in case my trouser leg rolls up accidentally and exposes my hosiery.

Count me among the garter girls - most of the time when I dress femme, it's with a open bottom girdle or other body shaper holding up stockings, either Hanes sandalfoot or National RHT.

I have a few pairs of pantyhose, mostly fishnets, one fancy designer pair (gift from my wife) that's white and pink floral, a a pair or 2 of plain beige that I wear under them for certain outfits.

I have a few pairs of thigh highs, for a bit of variety.

Jadeanne

Never cared for thigh highs or garters. Tights and pantyhose. Depending on circumstances, I'll wear hose under my jeans or under my suit. I have not done so in some time, because I have not been in an environment that allowed me to feel comfortable or sexy.
    I can't recall a time when I did not wear them. I remember as a kid borrowing my older sisters tights if I had to wear scratchy, itchy woolen trousers.
    Depending on my mood, I choose super sheer pantyhose or sometimes thick dancewear/skating tights.

And Lisa in SF: I love your avatar. Just too sexy, makes me wanna melt ...
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

Banned Read only
    I love garter belts and stockings, they always feel so sexy. But for daily wear its JMS light support pantyhose. I would like to wear pantyhose everyday if I could, just like my mom did.

my all time favorites are black or nude fish nets from small to big

Gartrbelts don't fit quite right and I'm afraid they'll show. Panty hose got my vote since it is the easiest to buy, keeps you warm in winter and is nice and smoothing. Also I have bad knees and I notice that the support p/h helps me get through the day.

I mostly wear thigh highs. I'm not sure why -- they feel more sensual, I guess. I like putting them on, esp. the ones with lace at the top. I have some stockings as well, but I don't even own a garter belt. But I'm also a hockey player, and we always wear garter belts to keep our socks up under our uniforms, so they're not THAT exciting to me.

Personally, I don't like sheer nylons. I need opaque (preferably cotton -- it's really $&@$^&* cold here in NY). I also much prefer a non-shiny finish. I'm a pretty muted, low-key gal, I guess.

A lot of you girls have MUCH more variety than I do! I feel like I need a pair of fishnets now...

Ji

mandiemay69
    Just think a garter belt and stockings more sexy ! Love to wear black lace top stockings attached to a garter belt.

Tristen Cox
    Stockings, suspenders, and cami(or corset when I get one)

Aspiring Member
    I still like tights the most i've wron them in the past and do look forward to when i can yet again. Suzy!.

Stockings and Garter belts got my vote but for ease of wearing i do prefer lacetop holdups they are great and there are some pretty good shades and styles available now.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

Youngirl at Heart

Pantyhose

I agree that stockings and garters are the sexiest, but I've found them difficult to put on. As for thigh-highs, well, I like the feel of them, but they won't stay up, and go sliding down my legs. (Any recommendations of a brand that will stay put?) So, I stick with pantyhose. Besides, with the ultra-minis I sometimes I wear (and I don't want the tops of my stockings to show), pantyhose are the only way to go.
    Sidney -- Youngirl at Heart

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

"Real men don't need to define what a 'real man' is." --Sidney

I Like garter belt and black stocking fishnet when i get all dress up but day to day panthose are ok The the BEST is a fishnet stockings in black with a red bra and panites

Bonnie