Lisa, you have no reason at all to ashamed! And certainly no reason for tears. You know you are a CD, and you luckily have a darling wife who supports you in that activity. So what is there to be ashamed about? The fact that you don't go out in public?

I think you would find that the majority of CD's do not go out in public dressed, simply because they do not think they can "pass." Generally they do not have supportives wives, and consider themselves to be "closet" CD's. I was lucky to have a supportive wife, and was only a closet CD prior to marriage. When my wife passed away 4 years ago, I decided there was no reason to back into the closet. This spite of the fact that she always did my makeup and fixed my wig so we could go out as two girls. For the past 4 years I have gone out, frequently, as a guy in a skirt and tight top! No wig and no makeup! Just me and my "girly" clothes!

Attitude is the answer! You have to have self-confidence in yourself and who you are. I am a CD and know it, so I dress like one! And I go everywhere like that, the mall, restaurants, the P.O., grocery shopping, etc. Today I made my bi-weekly trip to the nail salon for my manicure and pedicure. Had on a white skirt (which showed off my bright red panties!), a lavender top, and open toe sandals. Two customers complimented me on my outfit and another wanted to know the name of my toenail polish.(Ruby Jewels) A deep Ruby with sparkles! When you are ready you too will go out in the big world!!