Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Waves" of Crossdressing?

Aspiring Member

"Waves" of Crossdressing?

I know I can't be alone here, but does anyone else experience "waves" of wanting to dress? What I mean by that is I'll go weeks without any real desire to get all femme, then I'll have a week start with a day like this where the only thing I want to do after I come home from work is dress.

Sometimes I feel like a "poser" CD, lol...

Oh yeah, very familiar. Sometimes I'm almost in a "fugue" state and can think of little else. Usually that's when I'm on vacation or otherwise not so busy.

Ohhh yeah. I'm there too. Sometimes I even get severe guilt and consider purging. Sometimes even the next day I can't wait to pull up a pair of panty-hose or a slip or to put on a set of mules over my nylon clad toes. Ohhh yeah. I'm there too.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

Oh sure. When i am busy--concentrating on a job or project. Or no privacy. However...if I have a little shopping time or free time and i try on just one little femmy thing--i catch fire--and i say to myself, "Wouldn't my cute black pumps look good with this. And my red hair or how about the curly wig "--and one thing leads to another.

Yep, the desire comes and goes for me too. The tough part for me is finding the time and privacy to do it. I also have felt the guilt at times.

Sure. It is all based upon what is happening in your life at the time. If my wife and I are traveling I can go for weeks without dressing or having the desire to do so. But once home or when I have a lot of free time I want to dress as much as possible. That may well be a defining factor in who is just a cross dresser and those that seek or desire a higher level of involvement.

I don't think it's "poser".. more like reality CD.. that is how it happened with me.. I bought my own stuff and was quite relaxed with the idea that it was there anytime I wanted it so there would be days and even weeks without the act of dressing, not even wearing just shoes.. then a woman wearing heels walks by and BOOM PAFAM BABOOGIE (sound effects exadurated for effect here) and I'm thinking "how long till I can get home to dress up?".. you know it just would happen quite that way.. I would be going along minding my own business when I would get the urge to dress up.. but more to the fact is that in some of those times when I didn't dress even though the opportunity was perfect I would think "man that is such an effort, do I want to do that now?".. and now it's like if I have enough time I don't hesitate.. I jump into my favorite outfit and BAM... BADOOGIE OOOGIE OOOGIE... I'm that girl I am.. whew I think I worked myself into a lather...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Sure. It is all based upon what is happening in your life at the time. If my wife and I are traveling I can go for weeks without dressing or having the desire to do so. But once home or when I have a lot of free time I want to dress as much as possible.
    Now that I think about it, this is exactly how I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    I don't think it's "poser".. more like reality CD..
    Thats a good way of looking at it

I don't think it's unusual at all for the desire to vary from time to time. There are times when it's almost like I'm on a dressing binge, then there are other times when I'm a little burned-out on it. Fall/Winter is usually my "peak" period for dressing, and Summer is often my "off" season. Nothing wrong with taking a break from it now and then, anyway--you know the ol' "too much of a good thing" adage?

My desire to dress comes and goes as well. There are also times when I won't dress, like when I'm running around on the motorbike.

This topic comes up frequently... or should I say in waves.

Yeah - perfectly normal. It's not limited to crossdressing though. I bet if you think about it, you'll discover that many of your favored activities in life are enjoyed in waves. It may be types of food, hobbies, forms of entertainment, or whatever.

No one seems to give a second thought to not wanting to play their favorite video game for a while, but when it comes to crossdressing, people get all worried that something is wrong for some reason.

It's just the fear of being "wrong in the head" I think. Ain't nothing wrong with crossdressing - there is only something wrong in the way much of society views it.

Life comes in waves... at least mine sure seems to. I've even noticed sexual activity between my wife and I happening in waves. I don't question it - I just enjoy it.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think it is more like a Tsunami than a wave! That said, since I live alone as a widower and am semi-retired, I dress almost every day. Not always full bore, but usually to some extent.

I am not sure about any particular feeling! I just like to wear feminine clothing!! I am way more comfortable wearing panties than I am wearing mens briefs or (uhgg!) boxers.

I am a CROSSDRESSER, what else can I say!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Absolutely, I can go months sometimes doing nothing, then it hits me and it's all I can think about and want to do like today

Been there, done that, got the pink satin T,shirt.
    I've always found my c/ding comes in waves, last time it was so big i surfed on it

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Good question Kristin. Mine used to come in waves.... now its on all the time and I really am not sure what to make of it. When it was in waves I could deal with it emotionally and litterly. Wanting to dress all the time... is just plain scary... I'm realy fighting with this right now and would kill to go back to my wave schedule
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

I am going through one of those waves now. It seems that when personal situations limit your ability to dress, the urges get more intense.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    There's nothing quite like an SO who encourages you - is there?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    Good question Kristin. Mine used to come in waves.... now its on all the time and I really am not sure what to make of it. When it was in waves I could deal with it emotionally and litterly. Wanting to dress all the time... is just plain scary... I'm realy fighting with this right now and would kill to go back to my wave schedule
    really? I guess I would have figured since you seemed like you finally got so confortable with yourself you wouldn't want to go back to the 'wave schedule'. I think a part of my waves of crossdressing often has to do with a certain level of comfortability of the fact.

Interesting timing on this thread. I'm also a "waver" (in many ways). There are times when my need to dress is very intense. At other times, I don't have much need to dress at all. In fact, at those times, I sometimes ask myself if it all just doesn't seem a bit silly. Then the pendulum swings back again.
    Linda Marie Daniels

Aspiring Member
    Sure, even now, having lived alone for many years there are cycles... I can get bored with it and concentrate on something else for a while. I'm not concerned with the waves/cycles as I know xdressing is available whenever I need/want it.

dd
    Last edited by Deedee Dupree; 05-28-2009 at 02:00 AM.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    I experience the good old "ebb & flow of CDing" now and then, and you never know when it's going to happen either.
    Sometimes the "ebb" will last anywhere from hours to weeks, then BAM.....the "flow" comes back with a vengeance, and I have the need to dress as much (and often) as possible. So you're definitely not alone.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Theme song: Bring Me To Life by Evanescence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU

Yes its waves here too.Right now I'm surging awful high, which is fun,not knowing how intense it will get is fun.I guess surges like this keep it new,variable and interesting.

A Hormomnal Connection Perhaps

When I was younger and had a sexual connection with CD'ing
    it seemed to come in two week waves. I purged at 40 y.o for 15 years and when I returned the sexual connection was gone but the need to dress was constant. The eroticism of dressing has been replaced with a sense of serenity and wholeness.
    So, I'm wondering if there is a hormonal connection to these "waves". What do you think?
    Hugs, Cara

I am divorced and live a lone so i dress every day to some degree
    Mistybtm

I think this happens to all of us at one time or another. When I go for extended periods of time not dressing, it only hightens the desire when I dress.
    Cary