Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female?

Do I want to be female? Absolutely, with every fibre of my being. I used to identify as a CDer, but I was really just papering over the cracks until I finally admitted to myself what I had really known all my life. As for clothes, well to be honest I really couldn't care less about them, they are just not important. That's not to say I don't like wearing nice things, I do, but I don't get all dressed up all the time, I am quite happy wearing a nice pair of jeans with a top.

There is more than either/or possible...

Think outside these limits?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Well i seem to be going threw a crisis. I love dressing as a gurl and going out with friends dressed. I have made so many new friends, both CD's and guys. And know i find myself getting into a relationship with a guy who loves me as both the guy and gurl that i am.

Not for me, No reason to be female, It would take all the fun out of crossdressing. I like being me, mostly.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

You can change over time

I thought I'd NEVER want to transition - but now I need it so badly.

Perception is Reality Dana Lane's Avatar
    I wish I was born a female. And yes, I do wish I were a female.
    -D

If I wanted to be totally female, my wife would be SOOO pissed!!! lol

In all actuality, there are times that I think it would be nice and sometimes a little easier to be female. I'm sure there are women that could say the same thing about being male. While I don't wish to be female full-time, I enjoy the times that I do dress/present as one.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Most of the time

I need to be a camelion (sp?).
    I wish I could be 100% Female 80% of the time, but I HAVE to be male 20% of the time.

Back to the automotive analogy.

I want to drive a Lamborghini 80% of the time, but need a pick-up truck 20%.

I guess sometimes I do. I get jealous seeing women in skirts and dresses, especially in summer...

I did want to be female when I was younger (my twenties) but now I'm happy to be a guy who wears womens clothing..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

well i've always wanted to be female, but i went all my life as male, but now i'm realdy to transition, and i'm very happy with my desition.
    Sgrid Cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Indeed... for me at least the clothes were part of my fabricated denial about who and what I was... Just like the photographs were... Pretending to be a crossdresser thinking the deeper truth could be denied...
    Absolutely! At one point the general thought was that TSs knew from childhood they were born in the wrong body, and there was a sharp divide between CD & TS. This is no longer believed. My SO found an article or research that suggests at least 1 in 10 CDers are TSs in denial. I wish I could cite the source but unfortunately I do not know where to find it.
    Reine

Nope, not for me. I like being a man, unless I'm dressed as a woman.

Many years ago I did, but now that need has gone. Now I being a male that like to dress in womens clothes.

Banned Read only
    Oh yes, I want to be a female more than anything else in this world. I truly hate every second of my life spent in male mode. This is no life at all for me. I am too miserable to live, and too stubborn to die. What a damnation is this...

Jolan Tru

I truly like my duel role. When dressed I want to be the best female I can be, but I also love the male I am and my wife would never accept me in a total female role.

Are we having this conversation again, so soon? Didn't we just have this discussion?

For the OP who is new and wasn't around last week... no. I don't want to become a woman. I don't consider myself a woman (or a "girl"). I don't want to look like a woman - no shaving, no forms, no wigs, no makeup. I don't want to be treated as a woman, and I don't want people to think of me as a woman.

ralph

In adult life when i first admited to my self + my wife i wes a crossdresser 3-4 years ago the answer would have being no.
    BUT as time has gone by and me thinking recolecting ect yes i would have liked have being born female/ lesbian fem female but due to circumstances
    i woudnt cange things, as i have a wife and not alot of money so id love to be female but can't
    love donna uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I
    I'm pretty sure that's most of 'em.

you can get away with being a lazy slob as a guy, but you certainly can't dress cute... Sometimes you roll out of bed and are thrilled you can throw a tshirt on and stumble out the door. There is something lost on wearing white tshirts though!
    Best,
    Nicole

I am so glad I was born a male simply because of female problems such as having a period once a month and bitchy attitudes.

Come on guys, why would you want a period once a month.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either 100% female with period or remain a guy.

That is cheating.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I wish I could switch back and forth. I love being a husband and father and can't give that up. That being said however, I'd also love to have real breasts, not have all of the fur on my body and be a real woman. Because I can't go back and forth I have to be satisfied at being a man who once in awhile gets to look and act like a woman.

Georgina,

I think that by definition, crossdressers dress up because the act of dressing is pleasurable in and of itself, and is not done out of a need to actually become female. If gender identity issues are involved, then it's probably not entirely accurate to call the involved person a crossdresser, as you're getting into transexual territory. In theory anyway.

Of course in real life, most of us don't fit neatly into clearly defined boxes, so it's very hard, if not impossible to get a simple answer to your question.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I feel I have a deep part of me that wishes to be female... I identify with women a lot... feel a connection, and wish I could connect more: but would they trust a male?
    I think I was female in a past life... maybe a Priestess... I have felt deep in that...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

The desire to be female comes and goes. It's related more to the wish to have my body be congruent to my behavior and desire to wear feminine clothes all the time. While it would make life easier in some ways, it of course would make it more difficult in others. Besides, I wouldn't be able to be the type of woman I'd want to be, so what would be the point. I can be a semi happy guy or a semi happy girl. Doesn't really matter now, does it?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.