Thread: Finally told my wife!

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN ZoeUK's Avatar

Finally told my wife!

Over the last few days I finally managed to pluck up the courage to come clean with my wife and told her that I like to dress as a woman other than at Halloween. Understandably she was none too happy, confused and a bit freaked out. But we have talked about it and although she does not want to be involved in it she has said it is okay (she did also say, although it was meant as a joke (I think) that she can change her mind at any time as she is a female). I love this woman to bits and have been amazed by the way she has dealt with it and by coming clean I feel such a sense of relief and wish I had the courage to have done it a while ago. I have never stopped telling her that I love her and she has noticed a big change already in me in that I'm more relaxed. So I would just like to take this opportunity to tell everyone of you that reads this that my life at the moment is wonderful and that my wife is the most special person I could ever have wished for, God bless her.

Love to you all, Zoe xx

Congrats, I hope she accepts the real you.

Aspiring Member
    Nice to hear; continued success & love.

Congratulations, Zoe!

I'm glad the burden of secrecy has finally been lifted. I'm also happy to hear your wife has chosen to be accepting, even if she is not willing to be a part of this side of you. It is understandable - not every woman will enjoy this. Perhaps in time however, she'll give it a try and maybe she'll discover beautiful things she never dreamed of before. You never know.

I waited more than 10 years to tell my own wife. Waaaaaay too long. She's very accepting though. Better late than never, right? I too, wish I had told her years ago.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

telling your wife

Itold mine over 20 years ago and have not regretted it, although she still doesn't really accept or understand it.
    Just had a look at you photos as I am a big fan of wedding gowns (check out my profile pics) You look great but I would like to make a suggestion especially if you are going to show your wife this forum.
    A lot of your photos show family portraits on the wall behind. You should edit them out as they could easily identify you and the wife would rightly fear being embarassed. The chances may be slim but it will help to minimise her worries. Good luck
    Fiona O

I told my wife over 25yrs ago. We are married 37yrs. To this day she has not seen me dressed, except at a couple halloween parties before I told her. But I get out about 1x a month and hang some of my clothes in our common closet. We hardly ever talk about my femme side. Its not the best and it certainly not the worst of situations. I love her deeply and we enjoy each other and our children and grandchildren.

Yours Terri

Good for you Zoe, and good luck! I'm glad you didn't wait 32 years like I did to let your wife know. There will be ups & downs in the future, so don't forget that.

Good on ya. Don't just tell *us* you love her to bits... tell her, and frequently!

Yea, telling someone (especially your wife) always seems to have that effect of relief. Remember, take things slowly, and always keep her feelings under consideration, even before your own.

Good luck with everything and I hope that you two are continually blessed in your marriage.

That was a big step, Zoe. Congrats!

Gold Member
    Congratulation! Keep that lady happy and stay within any agreements you two have on dressing.

This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeUK View Post
    But we have talked about it and although she does not want to be involved in it she has said it is okay (she did also say, although it was meant as a joke (I think) that she can change her mind at any time as she is a female).
    She can change her mind, so like I'm sure a lot on this board will remind you, to go slow and at her pace. It is a great relief when you get rid of the burden, but it is because you are sharing it now. Just make sure she understands that her man will be there when she needs him...

And congratulations, you did the right thing, and I hope you two will grow closer now!

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Good Luck - I remember when I told my wife. All the strife it created was still a huge relief to me that I no longer was keeping the big secret

Congratulations Zoe-
    A very big, brave step. But I know you've made the right decision. Don't be too upset if she has ups & downs with it for some time. MY wife did too- but 25+ years after "spilling the beans" we are still together. My best to BOTH of you!

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Telling someone in your life, anyone, is soooo therapeutic. I believe the "secret" side of this is what causes so many problems.

I'm happy things are working out for you!

Give her time and some space. Go slow and before you know it she just might go along. THis is a blast with a supporting spouse. You will surprised at some of the conversations you will have.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.