Thread: Not really to do with cross dressing..

Not really to do with cross dressing..

I was at my nieces graduation a couple weeks ago and her cousin was there and had graduated the day before.. anyway she (her cousin) is going into cosmotollogy and had dyed her hair black and everyone was making comments about her hair and my brother said get used to this her hair will change colors daily possibly.. I wanted to tell her to enjoy being able to change the way you look, you're young.. and as they say when you are young you can do "stupid" things.. what do they say when we get older and start experimenting with our looks, as in dressing differently than we are supposed to?? to the young on this forum (early twenties and younger) I say do what you want and dress the way you want.. enjoy the different clothing and hair colors and all that.. I don't think I would have done a hair coloring when I was that young but would have loved to try it.. I just never had the nerve to do that as shown by my inability to try to go to public places dressed up as Carly.. anyway, just an observation..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

What do they say? They say we're having a 'mid life crisis'. A couple years ago, I tossed much of my casual wardrobe and started wearing suits and dress clothes much more often, then I bought a sports car, and started going to the barber every month. Wow, the remarks.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I didn't think of that midlife crisis thing.. I wonder if that might be an excuse they would come up with for me if I came out.. truth is I've been this way since before I knew anything about squat.. I think on my entry that I wanted to let people who are young know is to just do it.. just have fun.. dress the way you want and act the way you want and.. just try different things.. try to be a girl or partially dress as a girl.. or since it is summer try the less is more approach and not wear anything.. good idea Carly, get everyone thrown in jail...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I've been using the mid-life crisis line lately too.

When I was younger from my early 20s to early 30s, I had long hair which I often kept in a pony tail. Then in my early 30s, I decided that I needed to look more "corporate" so I finally cut my hair. In the past year, I've let my hair grow out again. When people at work ask about it, I tell them how I had it long when I was a reckless youth. Today, it's just a mid-life crisis. It always gets a good laugh.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    To once again quote my favorite existentialist philosopher, Popeye the Sailor, "You'se is only as old as ya feels young." Or something like that. Really, you're never too old to do whatever you want. It's a proven fact that as people get older they tend to be more individualistic and to express their uniqueness. Just drive by any highschool campus, bless their hearts, I love them, they are the future of this nation, but OMG, they all look the same.<lol>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Remember when it was flower power, disco, etc..... We were revolting against what???? It did start a major change in our society.

Love the young adults. They are just like us in so many ways. make all of the mistakes and grow up to know that there are no mistakes.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill