Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Honest

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar

Being Honest

Hi everyone, I do apologize for not being, life just seems to get in the way lately

Well I have been venturing out once more into the big weird world of dating. With no much success, first couple of dates are fine then I mention my CDing and all the running and screaming starts.

Well, since about Feb, I've e-mailing this young lady, got on quite well in our e-mails then we started texting and she was quite keen to meet up we live about 40mins apart. I don't know way I did it cold feet, disillusion with the world of dating, who knows, but I e-mailed her explaining I was a CDer.

Things went quiet for a while. Then to my surprised she e-mailed me back asking if I was pulling her leg, answer no, then another e-mail, with loads of questions, which I duly answered.

Then she asked if I still wanted to meet up. So last week we meet up. More questions, thanked me for being honest. Then she said she would to meet up again. We agreed to go slowly on the CD front she not ready to meet Rachael yet. But at least she willing to give me ago (her words not mine).

So here to being honest

Rachael x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Aspiring Member
    I think that you are on the right track and I admire you for being honest. Now that she knows that you are a CD'er, I would put your female self on the back burner until she asks to see her. Show her all your female traits in your male mode. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Good Luck!

Aspiring Member
    Well here is what Judge Judy would say, you do not have to have a good memory when you tell the truth. Way to go and good luck with this new girl.

Good Luck Rachael

I hope you honesty leads to a wonderful relationship
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

That is great! Maybe you have found a winner... something I look forward to one day.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Good for you, Rachael. Better honesty upfront before things become more involved than revelations and regrets later down the road. I wish you both the best. Good luck.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Hats off to you!! Your definately doing it the right way!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

good on you Rachael.. after i split with my ex-wife i decided that i will be honest about the crossdressing from day one in a relationship...it worked ...alexis and i have been together for over five years now and it just gets better... i wish you well and hope it goes ok..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Job!

Being a CD kept me from dating for a long time. Why would anyone want me? So I understand. Like I've said before, you don't have to bring it up on the first date, but sometime before it gets too serious, it should be brought up.

Congratulations, and I hope it goes great for you and your new found gal!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Rachael-
    Congrats! As Stan Laurel once said To Oliver Hardy, when Hardy asked Stan why he told his wife the truth: "Honesty is the best politics!"
    Even though Stan managed to mangle the adage- he also hit the nail on the head! Best of luck to you in this new relationship.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    Very smart move Rachel. I hope things work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    ...We agreed to go slowly on the CD front she not ready to meet Rachael yet. But at least she willing to give me ago (her words not mine).

So here to being honest
    That's exactly the way to do it, Rachael. In fact, in my opinion, up front honesty (before the relationship gets serious) is the ONLY way to do it. Anything less than honesty is the kind of misleading stuff that leads to relationship troubles - it's not limited to being a crossdresser, as I'm sure you're aware. (And yes, I got married before telling my wife, but did come clean last year and things worked out well.)

Trying to find the right woman isn't easy or fun, but you've got to be honest up front. If your intent is to potentially find a long-term partner, you had better be open and honest about who you are. It's not exactly first-date disclosing material, but when you feel the relationship begin to go somewhere.

I applaud your devotion to honesty and I know you will eventually end up with a good woman who loves ALL of you, rather than just your man-side. In the end, the honest approach will pay off, even if not with this one. I hope it does work out for you though. Keep us posted!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Show her all your female traits in your male mode.

Actually, this would be a good time to demonstrate the requisite male traits. Confidence, strength, decisiveness. As sissystephanie says, be a man underneath. As long as you can do that, in her mind, clothing becomes irrelevant to your character.

Honesty up front, prevents trouble latter!

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    As sissystephanie says, be a man underneath. As long as you can do that, in her mind, clothing becomes irrelevant to your character.
    Yep, this is what women want to see.

Thanks everyone :0

Well I must be doing something right, because we are about to go on our 3rd date

My lady friend even made a joke about me not nicking hers shoes after on passed comment on how nice they were

Rachael

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    That, is seriously cool. I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    Well I must be doing something right, because we are about to go on our 3rd date
    That's awesome, Rachael!

Here's to the 4th, 5th, and many more dates!

[SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    That's awesome, Rachael!

Here's to the 4th, 5th, and many more dates!

I'll drink to that as well, cheers Raechel from across the pond, more good luck to ya!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I have found that it is easier to remember the truth, instead of which lie you told.
    Dana Ryan

Well tomorrow the 3rd date so I'll let u know how it goes

:

Rachael, please do let us know how it goes!

Well the 3rd date came and went, spent the day together, lunch, talking walking, joking etc. Had fun time

So time comes to say good night and she says to me 'So do want to make us offically together' Of course I'd 'Yes'

So I am now in a relationship,

Rach x

:

Hey, good for you. Hope it works out for you both. x

good luck Rachael with the 4th,5th,6th,7th.....dates.you see honesty pays off which is great as there will be no suprises later on.good luck i hope it works out the way u have dreamnt that it would.well done girl,always nice to here about a success story.