Thread: 10 Things I've learned being a Crossdresser

10 Things I've learned being a Crossdresser

1) It is less trouble to shave my legs than shave my face.

2) If you're going to spend any time in heels, buy quality shoes that fit well.

3) Always fasten your garterbelt (suspenders for my cousins across the pond) and hose BEFORE you put on your panties.

4) Playing with make-up is one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on.

5) Whether it's real or artificial, never underestimate the benefits of clean, well groomed hair.

6) Remember to accessorize, and take off one accessory before you leave the house.

7) A poorly fit bra is the most painful garmet you will ever wear.

8) If you want to pass in public, subtle and low key is better.

9) 99% of the people you see don't care that you're wearing women's clothes.

10) Feel good about your crossdressing, if you don't enjoy it and have fun-what's the point of doing it?

Please feel free to add anything you've learned that I may have missed
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Excellent! I'll add three more to your list:

Moisturize before you put on your makeup, and after you take it off too

Have a sense of where you are, the woman you are trying to project, and dress appropriately for both - like, don't wear miniskirts, fishnets and stilettos to the mall if you're 50 years old

A smile is your best camouflage
    Last edited by windycissy; 05-31-2009 at 09:21 PM.

11. it's very expensive! shop the clearance section!!!
    Best,
    Nicole

Terrific observations and advice. I would also emphasize the importance of ladylike manners and conduct. Graceful movements and feminine gestures do a lot to enhance one's presentation which is particularily important when in public.
    No one can quarrel with propriety.

Tanya

13) Not to complain when the wife takes two hours to get ready, as I now know what it takes to prepare yourself

14) Women have a LOT more variety in clothing. But, the chance of finding THE perfect thing is an inverse ratio to the number of possibilities in choices in women's clothes.

Lesson; when my wife finds something that's just perfect, I often encourage her to get it because finding it again is *(#)@$* hard.

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post

Have a sense of where you are, the woman you are trying to project, and dress appropriately for both - like, don't wear miniskirts, fishnets and stilettos to the mall if you're 50 years old

Sorry, hun, but this age appropriate thing bothers me. Have you seen my photos and many of the photos here? If you got the body and you got the attitude, wear what you want to wear. Dang, when did they put an expiration date on us?

Now to the post, I'll add, many men are pigs. Just because I dress in a miniskirt and stiletto heels does not mean I am looking for an unmannerly slob for a quick something something.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Sorry, hun, but this age appropriate thing bothers me. Have you seen my photos and many of the photos here? If you got the body and you got the attitude, wear what you want to wear. Dang, when did they put an expiration date on us?
    I have to agree with Lorileah! I may be a 77 YO, but I am not going to dress like that! I have good legs, so I wear short skirts a lot. Get compliments too!! No old lady clothes for this girl!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post

Now to the post, I'll add, many men are pigs. Just because I dress in a miniskirt and stiletto heels does not mean I am looking for an unmannerly slob for a quick something something.
    Sorry, Lorileah. . . if you dress like a ho, you gonna be treated like a ho. I came out the other day wearing skin-tight stretchy black pants and a midriff-baring slinky top. My husband said, "You look cheap. Go put on some real clothes." I'm not saying that men have a right to treat women demeaningly. But people do judge you by your clothes. If a guy is looking for a quick something, he's going to focus on the women who look cheap. That's just common sense, dating 101.

EDIT: I think maybe my comments could be misconstrued, so let me add: nobody is too old for style and fashion sense. Attitude is a wonderful cosmetic and enhances any outfit. But part of good fashion sense is knowing what looks attractive and sexy on someone your age.
    Last edited by Seamus_Jameson; 06-01-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus
    If you look like the laundry basket threw up on you you're doing it wrong.
    Do you know every thought that crosses your mind? To know the mind of many is to know the depth of the ocean. Where at? What era? Why? It is to ask of heaven, how many stars? Those near, those far, those seen, unseen, heard by whom, in darkness, alone, or in sunlight, beyond? How far? Who cares? Our creator, over all seasons presiding, knows each mind by name.

Pritty good start.. What about partying at fetish balls dressed in drag is a million times better than getting pissedup with a bunch of bellends...
    ~xTx~

Banned Read only
    Jolan Tru,

Here is my rule: Keep eyes open because some people are jerks, now matter what clothes they wear or how much makeup they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus_Jameson View Post
    Sorry, Lorileah. . . if you dress like a ho, you gonna be treated like a ho. I came out the other day wearing skin-tight stretchy black pants and a midriff-baring slinky top. My husband said, "You look cheap. Go put on some real clothes." I'm not saying that men have a right to treat women demeaningly. But people do judge you by your clothes. If a guy is looking for a quick something, he's going to focus on the women who look cheap. That's just common sense, dating 101.

And you married this man because? OMG, what was he wearing a tuxedo? Maybe a miter and a robe. I am going to a different thread since this thread is what I learned from dressing, but I think I just learned something new

Oh and BTW, the scuzz buckets who wanted sex never saw what I looked like, they were going by my screen name. What exactly about the name Lorileah says "ho"?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus_Jameson View Post
    I came out the other day wearing skin-tight stretchy black pants and a midriff-baring slinky top. My husband said, "You look cheap. Go put on some real clothes."
    What a prude! If my wife dressed like a sexual object, I'd assume she wanted to be treated like one for the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by nik12345 View Post
    11. it's very expensive! shop the clearance section!!!
    My niece found her prom dress on a clearance rack and paid twelve dollars for it.. she was at her prom and another girl was wearing the same design dress and asked my niece how much she paid for hers.. the other paid about a hundred dollars on e-bay.. do check the clearance racks because for another reason if you get the wrong size and are afraid to take it back you're not out that much.. I know "try it on in the store" I would love to try that but.. well you know, read my responses to other threads for a better understanding of my me.. anyway I got a nice outfit at the local K-mart for about twenty greenbacks.. not a bad deal for two tops and a skirt..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Yay, I go with Loreliah all the way. If I want to dress like a ***** then I will (I know what will happen and know how to react). If I walk around town I dress totally different (unless I went attention - Its fun!!! and that is what makes life enjoyable.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

If my wife dressed like a sexual object, I'd be pleasantly surprised and shocked... and a lot more horned up for her than I already constantly am!
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

7) A poorly fit bra is the most painful garmet you will ever wear.

to true and hard to explain the lines it makes in your skin to your friends when you go swimming

I learned that womens cloths are much cheaper compared to mens clothes of similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    I learned that womens cloths are much cheaper compared to mens clothes of similar quality.
    Como se huh?! I wanna shop where you shop!!!!

I forget which # we're at, but I've learned that long hair, while cute, is constantly where you don't want it to be.