Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Involuntary purge

Unhappy Involuntary purge

Well, a crushing experience occurred the other day. I had just stopped by my storage locker to drop a cute pair of shorts there, but when I opened the door I was confronted by a nearly empty locker. All my dresses, skirts, tops, pants, purses, shoes, wigs, forms, everything gone. Even the hanging shoe rack on the door and the wardrobe closet that I set up there. I was devastated, needless to say. And, even worse, it turns out that, when I rented it, I had declined insurance. I can't report it to my insurance company, because my wife might find out, and she is far from supportive. So I guess I'll just write it off my taxes next year, and warn all you girls out there: if you have a storage space, don't think it can't happen to you. Get insurance, if it is offered.
    I was probably about due to give it all away anyway, because I'm getting too old to play cat-and-mouse. Sneaking out on some pretense (like going to work out), having makeup done, going shopping for a brief time, then changing back and going home. It was time to give it up, I guess. The sad thing is that all my photos are gone, except for one from a glamour photo session, which is really wonderful. Not many memories at all...
    And, instead of donating my clothes to charity, so that someone could get something out of them, I am out of luck there too.
    Alas....

Terri

Sounds like you're screwed either with or without insurance.. I mean your wife would more then likely found out if you had insurance and without it you have nothing.. I don't know what I would do if this happens to me.. my stuff is mostly in a tote box in my bedroom, under a bunch of stuff that doesn't ever seem to move nor does it collect dust.. but I think I would have to say something.. the first time(s) that my stash was taken and likely tossed I was still in school, and it was none of it mine.. so I really couldn't go and complain to mom that you threw away all MY clothes.. but now it all is mine now.. so I would have to say something.. I think..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

New Wardrobe?

[SIZE="4"]I'm sorry to hear what happened, Teri. Maybe it's time to get a new wardrobe.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Smile disaperance

OH MY GOD! thatwould be the worst i would be totaly freaking out if it was the ex who she told who can i still look at without woundering if not how do i go there to the storage unit and not wounder what ther thinking my heart is out to you i cant emagine thar situation that would suck bad your sister patricia feels for you big time i hope this works out ok how devastating tis must be .
    your sisters care for you.
    your sister patricia

Hmmm,,,, I have to wonder if your wife found out about your locker???

Anywho, I would still file a police report, and report it to your insurence. You lost a lot of money!
    And even if you can claim it on your taxes, (which I doubt) you won't be able to claim it without a police report.

Terrigirl,you've convinced me if I ever put my wardrobe in a storage space I will definately take the insurance policy. Honey,I'm really sorry this had to happen to you! I hope that maybe,just maybe,you'll find a way before too long to recoup the loss. I've spent the last few months putting together a new but small wardrobe after my GG girlfreind passed away and all my stuff was at her house a long way from here and I had NO way to get down there and get it all. And I would certainly be beside myself if my new wardrobe got trashed or ripped off!

Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by terrigurl View Post
    I was probably about due to give it all away anyway, because I'm getting too old to play cat-and-mouse. Sneaking out on some pretense (like going to work out), having makeup done, going shopping for a brief time, then changing back and going home...
    This is more of a comment rather than advice because gosh knows I've pitched a fit before when I perceive "one-size-fits-all" advice around here.

It pains me to think of anyone having to sneak around like you describe. I just couldn't comprehend it, the chance for getting caught though one little slip-up with this whole thing is just too great. I'm sorry this theft has happened to you, best of luck to you in how you choose to go forward.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Terry, sorry to hear about your loss, but at least it was only clothes. Suppose somebody "outed" you before you were ready? Or wife found out and did, well, God knows what? I live with my mom, who's in her 9th decade of life, and I've been disabled and in a wheelchair since birth (I'm 57, and have a "stash" myself)... If you look beyond the loss, you CAN get beyond this. See this as an opportunity, not a setback. Doggonit!!! If I can see a glass as half full, what's your excuse for seeing it half empty?
    Learn from what happened, and pull yourself up by your own brastraps! The only way this is a disaster is if you don't learn from it!

Forgive the harsh words -- I really DO feel for your situation, and do hope you recover quickly. - Platonic Huggers, Babs
    Last edited by BabsCoopr; 06-02-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: name
    Never underestimate the Power of a Female Mind in a Male body!!

OH dear, that is sad.

Just wondering, was the locker still locked? Were there signs of forced entry?

My experience with insurance is that the deductible is so high that its almost not worth insuring locker contents. And you may have to prove the value of what was taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terri, I'm really sorry to hear that.

I know it must stink, we are here for you.

Crisis

I suppose that if that happens to me, i would be devastated; so many memories between those fabrics. So many good times.

But on the other side, with any crisis an opportunity arises. Maybe this is the time when you can choose better all your stuff. You wouldn't make the same mistakes again in sizes or shapes. You might find a better pair of boobs. Look the glass half full, dear.

Man that SUCKS! What size do you wear? I've got lottsa clothes that doesn't fit me or I just decided it doesn't flatter me. Nothing you'd write home about or die to have, but it might be better than nothing.

Hi Terri,

Huggs to you and I am so sorry to hear about this. I am fortunate enough now to have an SO that is ok with me having my femme clothes and make up here in the house, but still don't have anything nearly as elaborate as you have described. And if I were to come home and find it all gone one night, I would be devastated to. So my heart really goes out to you!

My best suggestion though is to try to enjoy the process of replacing what you had, maybe take the opportunity to try out a few some new styles and looks perhaps. I know it doesn't make up for the loss, but it is probably the best way to make lemonade out of these lemons.

Hang in there girlfriend and best of luck!

>>>huggs<<<

Pauline Lauren

Well, a crushing experience occurred the other day. I had just stopped by my storage locker to drop a cute pair of shorts there, but when I opened the door I was confronted by a nearly empty locker. All my dresses, skirts, tops, pants, purses, shoes, wigs, forms, everything gone. Even the hanging shoe rack on the door and the wardrobe closet that I set up there. I was devastated, needless to say. And, even worse, it turns out that, when I rented it, I had declined insurance. I can't report it to my insurance company, because my wife might find out, and she is far from supportive. So I guess I'll just write it off my taxes next year, and warn all you girls out there: if you have a storage space, don't think it can't happen to you. Get insurance, if it is offered.
    I was probably about due to give it all away anyway, because I'm getting too old to play cat-and-mouse. Sneaking out on some pretense (like going to work out), having makeup done, going shopping for a brief time, then changing back and going home. It was time to give it up, I guess. The sad thing is that all my photos are gone, except for one from a glamour photo session, which is really wonderful. Not many memories at all...
    And, instead of donating my clothes to charity, so that someone could get something out of them, I am out of luck there too.
    Alas....

Terri
    Terri...

that must have been terribly horrible! I can only imagine how you must have felt, and the shock of opening the door and finding out that everything was missing! I'm surprised that this happened in a storage building...do they have video camera's to check since the last time that you were there? I'm hoping so...

Maria

Unless you were robbed by an aspiring crossdresser, I can only expect the thieves were less than pleased with their haul... used clothing don't have the same cachet as electronics or jewelry, especially if they happen to be man-sized clothes fit for a lady.

What worries me more is when you say "all my photos are gone"... were they in the storage locker too? If an anonymous thief got hold of photos of me dressed, that would be much more disturbing to me than losing my wardrobe.

Alas....

Terri

File a police report.

Not that my experiecne with a storage company has anything to do with crossdressing or anything, but we had a shed and we were threatened with eviction from it due to an unpaid bill. I for the life of me couldn't remember what i'd put in there but knew that most of the stuff there was mainly to try and declutter the house. We had 48 hours to get the stuff out or the things of value there would be sold and the rest thrown in the garbage. We got our stuff, paid the bill and have never been back there.

Really sorry to hear about what happened, Terri.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Yikes

Well that sucks!

I just can't beleive it but I have been a victim of furniture going missing in a 30 minute period, so I guess stuff in a storage locker is all so prone to 'growing legs and walking'

Must of be quite a shock all the same!

Emma

That`s the wrath of the gods working on you for not telling your wife about your little secret.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Your post makes me want to cry. Loosing the clothes is one thing, but they are replaceable - even the pictures are just things, but your description of how you feel forced to live in secrecy and shame make me want to buy you flowers.

On the other hand - I'm guessing that this was not a robbery. Lets do the math for a moment:

Used clothes are worth almost nothing.

Personal photos are worth exactly nothing, unless you are famous, or the photos prove something horribly embarrassing / illegal and can therefore be used for blackmail.

You make no comment about there being signs of forced entry into your unit. In all of the storage places I have ever rented (more than I care to remember) the only way in would require cutting the lock, or ripping apart the door.

Even if thieves had forced their way into your unit - they would not bother to take your clothes, because they couldn't re-sell them for anything. They certainly wouldn't bother to take personal pictures. Even a used dresser, unless it is an antique or something is worth what: $100.00? Who is going to move a hot dresser? Who is going to risk jail time for $100? Especially when you figure out how much work it is to get it out of the unit, to get it sold - to split the cash with your accomplice...

It doesn't add up.

Someone else is behind this. Someone you know.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

maybe the storage unit manager is a crossdresser also and he knew what you had and wanted it all for himself,,,,go back and see what he is wearing...
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Sorry to hear about this...

but, like my mom said, if it can be fixed with money, it can't be a problem. Just be thankful you weren't there when it happened, it could have been worse.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Agree with TSchapes. It can be fixed with money, not much of a problem.

To me, the bigger problem (and crime) is that you have to self-repress. It's not going to work, and it's going to cause serious problems.

What a sad story. Were you planning to stop dressing en femme anyway? I guess so from what you wrote.
    I don't store my clothes in a storage facility, but I have a lot of other things in one. Maybe it's not as safe as I would like to think.
    warmly, Linnea