Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing your hair out long?

Growing your hair out long?

Hi I am a crossdresser and I love long hair. It just makes you feel soo feminine. I currently have long hair to my shoulders which when I am in guy mode, I wear it in a ponytail. When I am in girl mode I straighten or curl it with girl hair accessories. I want to grow my hair really long to lower back and I am thinking of getting extensions for the time being. What do you think? Has anyone else grown their own hair long?

mine is about 34 inches long. I usually keep it in a braid because it flies around in the wind. Unfortunately the hair on top of my head is .05 inches long
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Mostly Harmless...
    I started growing my hair four five years ago. It has reached a nice length of around two feet, so it reaches rather exactly where the bra goes.

My advice is, if you feel like you want to have a nice long hair, just go for it. There's nothing better than the feeling of your own long hair. Myself, I wouldn't resort to any hair extensions as they are rather expensive and sooner or later they will be cut slowly away assuming they even last that long. It takes long to grow you own hair but let me tell you that it's totally worth it.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I had very long hair as a young - well, a young thing, whatever I was

Then it went short.

Then long.

Then short.

Now it's going long again and after a lifetime of trying the options I think I prefer it long. Mostly. Until I want it short again.

You want extensions? Fair enough It's your hair. It may look fantastic and you may love it. And other people may not care. And if you don't like it the long hair can go. That's the amazing thing with hair. You can do what you want. It always does it's own growing thing whatever the weather

'cept if you're going bald - then it won't grow much at all. And that's another challenge altogether.

Sarah...

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I'm just not getting my hair cut

I haven't had a haircut in a year now, but not for CD purposes, it's much too thin and has receeded too far back to work. I retired last year and after 30 years of a grooming code to follow, this is kind of fun. It isn't going to last much longer, but it's fun for now.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I grew up in the 60's when long hair was in. So I still prefer long hair. It very often gets between my shoulder blades. I cut it probably twice a year, but still to the bottom of my collar only, no shorter. Gotta keep up that male mistique But would rather have it to my butt, if I had my choice.

Aspiring Member
    I keep saying or telling myself that I am going to let my hair grow long but every-time it gets past my ears I go and have it cut.
    I am getting tired of living this double life that I have been doing for too long now, maybe this year will be the year I allow it to grow out.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Here! Here!

I've been a crossdresser all my life. Out and about in public for two years, and I've never once worn a wig, and hope I never will...
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Not long after I came out to my mother and sister, I began growing my hair out, and I've kept it "long". I can't grow it too long, because that makes it look flat. But in all my pictures, that's my own hair.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Mine is down to the middle of my back and has been for 12 years or so. Right now I am considering a shorter style, so that I can get one that is more feminine and 'changeable'. The problem with long hair - minus bangs - is that it actually is very andro and not nearly as feminine as you might think. The other choice (for me) would be bangs. We'll see....

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    Yes I have been growing my hair for a few years now. It's about 3 inches past my shoulders. But it doesn't grow very fast. I keep it in a pony tail in guy mode. Never had anyone at work say a thing about my long hair.
    Lisa Renee

Barbara
    Been letting it grow for the last year and half. Not quite long enough to get it all into the pony tail but soon. I normaly do the tail at work and just let it go at home. Get a lot of comments but I have told some people that it is for Locks of Love and that ends the discussion. I love the feel on my shoulders and can't wait for the next 4-6 inches to grow.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Gold Member
    Mine is kind of long and thick everywhere except the back. I do not like my hair on my collar, lest someone think it was a stupid mullet.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My hair has grown to about the middle of my back. i used to keep it at a length about between my shoulders and the top of my bra strap, but have since let it grow and grow.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

If my hair would grow, I'd have it down to my butt!

I grew my hair for 6 months and it was horrible. Straighten every day with a flat iron and it looked bad. I hated it and was just frustrated. I know what curly haired girls go thru.

WIG is my only option.

My Wife loves my hair long and so do I. Since I am no longer working at the time I am planning on letting it grow baby, grow. I had loooong hair when my wife and I first met and it's going back that way now. I have not cut it since this time last year, and it's almost pony tail length. I can't wait `til next years length. The only time my wife ever comments about my hair length is when she is proclaiming how jealous she is over it. {there hun if you read this, that's for you} Anyhow to all those with long hair grow baby grow.

Bethany
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I had my hair long in college, then cut it short for job-related reasons....then grew it back, and cut it again for job interviews. Right now, I've got a nice short guy-cut.

I've got no desire to grow it back. Partly it's that long hair's a pain in the tuchis to care for, and partly it's that I like having separate boy and girl modes. Back when I had the long hair, I'd put on some makeup, look in the mirror, and see.....well, just plain ol' me with makeup. In contrast, back when I had a couple of wigs (before my one and only purge....), I loved the way that wearing one would make me look so dramatically different from my everyday self.

So I guess I'm happily short-haired right now. Now I just gotta replace those wigs.....

I've had my hair halfway down my back for over decade. That isn't the problem, the problem is the FRONT. My hairline keeps inching back to show more and more forehead, which I have to get quite creative to cover.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

hasn't been cut in 20+ years...

used to touch my belt (when loose) and currently when braided just below my bra-strap

Jenn

Had mine long back in the 70's in college, beautiful blonde hair & all the older women would say "look at that hair, you should've been a girl!" If only they knew!

I've had Long hair for about 15+ years, everything from a mullet *gasp* to what I have now, all long, layered and highlighted.

I've had hair all the way down to my belt at times, and usually chopped off a foot at a time to compensate for employement changes. Now I wear my hair down almost constantly every day, and only ponytailed when working hard.. otherwise it gets bunned or clipped.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    My hair has always been of varying lenghts over the years. I had it cut quite short a year ago but since then I haven't had it cut and it is now down to almost shoulder length. It is too long for my wig and I am getting some tips on styling it on wednesday, so I won't need my wig any more.
    living the dream

I stopped having regular haircuts last October, except for periodic cuts to prevent split-ends. That was until last month, when I had a bit more trimmed in anticipation of summer. I had a perm a month or so back and the last cut, in addition to helping the layering, helped more of the curls to "pop".

I still do the curler thing from time-to-time. (I'm not really a ponytail person.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, lots of "long hairs" in this group! My hair length is just past my bra strap. However, and that's the key word here, I have a fairly good sized bald spot developing on my crown. The result is that the number of hairs is not quite up to par, and my ponytail is just a bit thin. Arranging the flow of hairs is critical...

I seem to have the wash and color rinse processes down to a science now, and I am a gray blonde with a quite shiny luster. ...love that. The color rinse doesn't color all the hairs with the same intensity, and so I have natural streaks... Love that too.

The only down side seems to be that a lot of hours per week go into keeping my hair looking nice. And I just have not picked up the tricks of using curlers - why should that elude me?

My hair is fine, and I really have to be careful with it, combing, drying, sleeping... all take gentle techniques. Also I am 74, when most guys don't have much hair, so I feel pretty special.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rickie121x; 06-08-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    "Who's around your TV is more important than how big it is...." Dr. Phil
    http://profiles.urnotalone.com/54617
    http://www.frappr.com/?a=myphotos&id=1265395