Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss the polls

I miss the polls

I know there was too much flaming and fighting going on but I have a need to know.

Is there a disparity of 50 year old CD's in the world? Was it something our moms took when we were in utero. Smoking drinking carousing (that's what they called it then) all night? Drugs? (legal, we all know our moms would never do anything illegal). Or is it just that we are tired of hiding and have all come out?

How many people here are in their 20's, 30's' 40's 50's I know we have a few above that (ladies don't tell). But do you think there is a disproportionate number of 50ish people here and why?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm 41.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Mid 30s

57 and I think it was alien abductions!! Yeah!! That's it.. Bunch of Estonians snuck over and took my mom when she was pregnant... Made her drink Vodka.... Told her Russian jokes... Messed me up something fierse!! I still shudder when Sean Connery says Vilnias in Hunt for Reed October!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-08-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

older

Hi Everyone
    I am beyond 50 ish but was in my late50's when I went fulltime I was tired of hiding ans with death of my supportive wife had no reason to
    Hugs and Kisses
    Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Yes I think there is something that happened and yes I think there are a lot of 50's people here and in the CD world in general. Maybe its just that those of us who grew up at the same time find they had to deal with social pressures
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I am in my twenties

I'm 50, and I also think it seems like that is the average age. I believe this is my mid-life crisis, and that it has been around for a long time but hit me recently hard for some reason. I had wanted to know "why now?", which is why I looked for information on the web and found this site. But a year later I'm not sure I care - I'm trying now to just hold on and enjoy the ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

Still 40's.
    Mary

Early 40's. Personally I don't think that it has much to do with an epidemic of TG'ness 40 or 50 years ago. I think it has more to do with the fact that it takes men until they are 30, 40, or 50 to be secure enough to start looking for outlets for the CDing, including the forums. So it's not that there were more of us born then as compared to how many are born now, it's just that WE are now at the age where we are tired of the bullshit and are willing to say "Damn right I'm a cross dresser! So?!"

Oh, forgot to mention - I do NOT miss the polls! It had got to the point where I was grinding and gnashing my teeth because everyone wanted to start a poll that only one group or the other was allowed to respond to. Invariably someone else would respond, and then there would be half a dozen posts screaming about it and belittling the ones who did it. I can live with out the angst . . .

Smile Age survey

Let's just admit that I was born well before the attack on Pearlt Harbor- am enjoying as a cd.
    Carol Anne

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    I am 47.

54 here, and by the looks of things I believe you're right about the ages!

Just turned 50. Damn!

I believe my Mom smoked when pregnant with me.
    Last edited by Ricochet; 06-09-2009 at 07:23 AM.

I'm 46.

Aspiring Member
    Great question Lori. It's the scientist in you that prompts a lot of your observations I think.

Anyway, I think the preponderance of older CDers is a function of the maturation process. So many of the younger set are in a lot of turmoil - dressing, purging, guilt, shame, in short, in denial. The older folk, having survived this journey through the wilderness, are somewhat more resolved to their state/fate. There are exceptions, of course. Some of us get smarter sooner & move easily in this world at a younger age. The rest of us are engaged in the ordeal of fire which is what eventually tempers us to accept who we are. How's that from a "science for dummies" graduate?

Late 50s here. Ok 59. Ok 60 in August. Yikes you girls are pushy. lol

41 years young.

Gold Member
    52, my mother was hoping for a girl so I'm just trying to make her wish come true

49, my mother was hoping for a girl too, she got one eventually

Close

49 here!

Gold Member
    Chronologically I'm 56. Biologically I'm 40ish. Mentally I'm 30ish...not going any farther!! Not sure why there seems to be a preponderance of 50ish Cder's. Maybe it's because we were the leads in the sexual revolution and we're just carrying it on, in a very different sense. Or maybe it was an alien abduction!!!

I'm and older member (classified as a Senior Member), but I think TxKimberly hits it pretty well on the head. I did not start until I was about 60, but as I look back I see there were times when I was dancing around the edges as I approached my 40's and 50's. For many of us that had profession and family obligations that would preclude cross dressing it required more time and dare I say maturity to come out to ourself. Let alone anyone else.

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    I'm 44.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Theme song: Bring Me To Life by Evanescence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU

I just turned 40, and won't advance again untill the end of November