Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The return of the dress ?

The return of the dress ?

Last night I was in a bar (not dressed) and most if not all the gg were wearing dresses or skirts I couldn't believe it. Has anyone else seen this or maybe there something in the water here ? I know that I prefer to were dresses and skirts over jeans any day, one can only hope this is a new trend. Any thoughts ?
    Courtney

Sorry not in this part of the country

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    the thing is, women have the ability to wear anything they please! A topic that is dear to all our hearts!
    Peace through superior dress sense..

Anybody can wear whatever they please,not just women.August 15th.the wife and I are going to a reunion of my Marine Corp unit and since I don't own any male clothing I am
    going completely enfemme.It should make for an interesting evening.My wife wants me to wear a dress that is low cut to show off my cleavage and short to show a lot of leg.
    I think that having a SO that enjoys my dressing just adds to the overall enjoyment that I have.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Depends entirely on where you go. There are lots of women who like to wear dresses when out. Otherwise you would not find them in the stores so easily. For the same reason the whole "no one wears panty hose anymore ..." is just as false, I see big old displays of them all the time. Someone is buying those up and there are just NOT that many CD's around !!

One can only hope! And hope, they say, springs eternal.

Dresses never did go out of style with me!

[SIZE=1](Neither did pantyhose!)[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Love dresses

That's a good thing. I love going to Dress Barn and buying. They will always spend plenty of time with me and bring several dresses to try on. The last time they found me a dress suit to try on, then told me to come out and show them. We all loved it. You have to wear it out of the store! Then the girls grabbed a necklace and clip on ear rings and put them on me. How fun! Lastly they remarked, a girl can always use a new purse! We laughed but I bought everything but the purse. I don't have a wig, didn't have make up on, and walked out in a really cute dress suit. Loved the experience. They have put me in a dressing room before when the place was full of people. Treated like a girl all of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori amanda anderson View Post
    Last night I was in a bar (not dressed) and most if not all the gg were wearing dresses or skirts I couldn't believe it. Has anyone else seen this or maybe there something in the water here ? I know that I prefer to were dresses and skirts over jeans any day, one can only hope this is a new trend. Any thoughts ?
    I have seen it! There is a local club/bar here and more than half of the women young and old are usually wearing some type of dress or skirt.

Banned Read only
    its either dresses or playsuits(shorts jumpsuit) around my town but i wouldnt go out in a playsuit cause its a pain if you need the bathroom,same senario as leotards you have to strip.i had this problen the other day and had to walk a mile home bursting to go as no public facilities open at 2am on sun morning

bethany xxxxxx

i certainly don't see it at work. Sometimes I think that eventually only tgirls will be wearing dresses.

Aspiring Member
    This year it is about half and Half where i live, ladies / girls wearing dresses, skirts or slacks.

I hope to help increase that trend in a couple of weeks.

I am moving about 150 miles from where i live now, and at the Same time that I move, Denise will be coming out full time

Have been wanting to do that for such a long time and reality is now coming to light

Denise

Banned Read only
    I have seen a lot in my are as well, I have also seen woman in dresses and skirts wearing Pantyhose and it's been in the 90's here, and I always thought that woman didn't really wear nylons in the summer, maybe I'm wrong on that one

Not in my neck of the woods. The only girl I ever see dressed up is me. God how I hate t-shirts and jeans on a nice-looking woman. I think if my wife ever dressed up without my begging I'd die of cardiac shock.
    Joni

summer has come to the city and there is a lot of pretty girls wearing dresses everywhere. I love them all (i also like the girls )

Aspiring Member
    I think it all depends on the area or maybe even a particular bar. I go to one bar locally, where if I see a GG in a skirt or dress, it's very casual. Went to another bar in OH a while back, and there were a lot of GG's wearing dresses and nicer casual clothes - not what I'm used to seeing locally.

Reminds me of a joke I heard 1 or 2 years ago --

"How can you spot the real woman in a roomful of crossdressers?"

"She's the one wearing trousers."

I want the mini skirt and pantyhose days to return..............those were the days.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Lots of dresses in the shops at the moment. I don't think they're all being bough by trannies.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I spend a great deal of time in airports, and I HAVE noticed that more women appear to be wearing dresses or at least skirts.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    From what I know keeping an eye at the latest fashion trends dresses are returning as well as skirts. Organza and chiffon as well as silk and satin are back too.
    There is also a return of the femininity. look at the shoes for example: peep toes, thin platforms, heels, wedges.

Those are very good news for all of us who love anything feminine!
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Hi girls, first let me introduce myself, I'm new here. I'm Elle and I have been dressing since my sister dressed me preschool, and mom would put liipstick on me still at 8 years old. I'm a granny tranny and 65 years old, I have dressed infemme 80% of my life. I'll be posting picture a little later.

I love dress's, LOL I would see a GG with a dress on, that I'd like, and say to myself, "I would love to get in your dress", and we all know that means literally to wear it. Not too many dressed lady's where I live, most are in camo, I live in West Virginia, retired here 3 years ago from northern NJ.

I'm glad to be here with all you wonderful sisters, love all of you!
    Hugs, Elle

I've been seeing it a lot in downtown Chicago-But wondered if it had more to do with warm weather- Will let you know how things are looking in late fall!

Very bare shoulders and backs seem to be the Summer rage too. I was at an outdoor graduation last week and a wedding yesterday and there were lots of ladies with very bare shoulders.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Silver Member
    I gave my daughter a lift into town last night and it was very busy and I was amazed at how many girls had fantastic looking dresses on, they were a joy to behold, so many nice outfits

I believe it has a lot to do with the warm weather, how many "people" wear dresses in the midst of winter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]