Thread: Dreams

Dreams

I am sure this topic has been addressed... but since I've come out to myself, crossdressing has entered my dream time - often they've been situations where I've been caught out and left struggling to deal with the awkwardness that ensues.

Most recently, I dreamed I was to attend a wedding, ostensibly invited to act as a mature settling influence among many youngsters. It seems trouble was expected from bystanders who might feel the ceremony should not take place.
    (read into any of this what you will)

Unexpectedly, I find I've arrived at the wedding not in drab but 'dressed. Quickly I remove myself from the awkward looks and find a bathroom to hide away. I look in the mirror and sure enough, I'm well dressed in a red suit- skirt and jacket, with my face well made up but I've a mustache that is totally blowing my look/cover.
    I look by the sink and find what I perceive to be a razor and start to shave. Actually, in retrospect I recognize it was a variation on an epilady; one of those hair plucking coil spring apparatus'. Watching in the mirror, I use this to 'shave' with.

Once done, I return to the gathering but it's obvious from the looks I'm getting that my actions to remove the offending facial hair were much too little too late.
    The dream ended there with me feeling awful that I'd put myself in such a situation.

In retrospect, I relish how nice I did look and how I enjoyed the outfit, that it was such a shame I couldn't have enjoyed the gathering as I was dressed.
    I of course also still feel the inner pain of the rejecting looks from the others around me.

This story is just a vignette but is most recent and quite vivid. At one point in the dream I'm walking up a spiral stair to the bathroom and my perspective is well outside myself and I can see how nice the outfit looks, and can in fact see my feminine self which is many ways so unlike my true, physical male self.
    I could just dwell on the embarrassment and pain that go with the entirety of it, but again there are flashes in there that I take as all together positive - visions of how I really see or feel rather than the 'truth' the mirrors in my world reveal.

Again, it's just a dream but it was so vivid, the memories left are rich and detailed. I wanted to share this, perhaps to generate some discussion. Mostly, it was unpleasant in theme but as in many things I'm finding positives to cling to as well.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

Hi Dina, thanks for sharing your dream. I used to have many crossdressing dreams, but that was back when I was very ashamed of myself and I almost never dressed.

Now that it is something more out in the open, I found that I haven't had one single dream in which I am dressed up. I don't know why this is, but the last crossdressing dream I had was like two years ago.

It's really strange how many times my dreams will eventually include my cross dressing.. even in the most normal circumstance, a dream that is so me as male dominant somehow my cross dressed self finds his way into them some way.. I must have a strong will there in my subconcience to have my cross dress self be accepted on some level.. I'm guessing.. or I am just twisted.. more the case I'm thinking..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I can remember when I was younger that I had a recurring dream.
    Basically (like Thunderbirds) I'd come down a chute but get dresed along the way, and I normally ended up as a bridesmaid in light blue.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My dreams have a crossdressing element to them fairly often. Before I embraced this side of myself and was in the closet, I used to often dream about being naked in public, nowadays that never happens anymore. I'm always dressed and often in some particularly cute clothes!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I've probably had a few dreams about crossdressing when I was younger but I seriously can't remember any... And since my hobby came back 5 years ago I haven't had a single crosssdressing dream at all!! Figure I'm lining my dream!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Years ago I had these dreams about once every two years. I guess it started when I was like 7 or 8. I'd dream that I was walking around in certain buildings at a college campus where my Mom worked or at the St.Louis Art Museum. The dreams started when I was in the 3rd grade or therabouts. The year was probably 1964 or 1965 and these dreams happened every year or two or three and they continued until around 1979 when I made a decision that I shouldn't wait on the bench and I should persue my crossdressing even if some people thought I was a sissy and the dressing was perverted.

The dreams were incredible! I would make my way into rooms in these buildings which don't even exist in real life and there would be, behind closed doors, whole wardrobe,wig and shoe closets with makeup vanities and mirrors and everything a CD could ask for. There were boas,feathers,hats and enough makeup and cosmetics to fill a department store cosmetics section. There was comfortable furniture and places to sit and enough clothes to keep you busy for hours.

These rooms were absolutely silent. i don't remember any noises,talking,music or sounds. There may have been the sound of murmuring crowds of people while I was making my way to open up the doors but it was all silent once I was well inside those places. Anyhow,for those who followed female entertainers of the sixties and the seventies it all looked the way you'd envision the walk-in closets of Cher Bono,Phillys Diller,Carol Channing or even Cindy Lauper

It was ecstacy. It was jubilant. But it would always end up with me waking up before I could finish fitting on a wig,putting on a pair of hose or putting on some makeup. I would be in there with my dream wardrobe and I'd wakeup after 3 or 4 minutes. These dreams came to me once every 1 to 3 years starting when I was about 7 or 8 and they stopped coming to me when I was 22 or 23.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

lucid dreaming

When I was beginning to feel a need to dress and was still in the closet I did some lucid dreaming. It could be just a form of daydreaming I guess, but I had done a little research on the topic (wikipedia has a pretty good introduction) and started trying to control the content of my dreams. It was, and still, is a little wierd to think about it.

Normally it would either be just as I was going to sleep or in the morning just before the alarm would go off. I would attempt to manipulate the dreams so I could visualize a positive crossdressing experience. I did this for several months before my first real trip out the door and into the public eye. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is a form of self hypnosis or something similar.

It every case I would be crossdressed and out in public in mostly normal situations and there would be no problems. Oh, and I was stunning in everyone of the dreams, proof that they were dreams I guess.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Getting Caught

Hi My dream starts out like I am going to a meeting at work and as I walk into the room everyone is waiting and I have a guys shirt on but a skirt with low pumps on. I go and sit down at the meeting and when it's over I leave but every looks at me... I then tell them I'm thinking of becoming a girl then I wake up.

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Just like Rachel M. posted before me,

I used to have the 'naked' dream quite frequently before I found myself. Since then, I've had several CD dreams and no more naked in public ones.

In most (well the ones I can remember) I'm simply engaging in an everyday activity like taking out the garbage, cleaning out my car or heading to class. It's only after bumping into a neighbor, friend or classmate that I realize I am wearing no shirt, my pocket bra and falsies. In my dream I am embarrassed until I realize, as it's happening, that it's only a dream. Then I usually wake up or the dream ends there.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I neither consider wearing clothes to be "crossdressing" nor do I obsess over being "closeted/crossdressed", so it only enters my dreams by default in that I'm generally not naked... unless there's also a hot biological female who is... or I have girl parts...

getting closer everyday.. Kiera's Avatar
    My dreams usually involve being dressed in some fashion. Usually in the same basic situation each time. A point where I am dressed and in public, followed by the realisation that I am dressed in public, and then a level of discomfort and indecision on whether or not I should try and hide. Lately they stem more towards not hiding.
    Hugs,
    Kiera
    Kiera Renea

Lucid dreams, such are yours, stem from your unconscious desires to be comfortable with yourself & accepted by others, but reality intrudes & your dream becomes a nightmare.

Don't read to much into this. Dreams are just our way of escaping from our day to day hum drum.

Personally , I like a good nightmare. That pulse pounding moment when you wake up screaming, " WOW!! That was incredible !!"

CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Smile Future Events

I used to have dreams about being in the livingroom of a former friendly female neighbor. In the dream, we were like old buddies. When I awoke, I thought : "That will never happen. Her husband won't ever allow me over there" (my horse had damaged his fence, and he always held a grudge, and told her to snub me).

Well, her husband died, and we got back to being friendly. The dream indicated a future visit, even though it seemed unlikely at the time of the dream.

So, if any of you dream about being fully dressed, and chatting "normally" with people who may seem totally against it in waking consciousness, don't be too surprised if/when this comes to a reality.
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.