Thread: Seeking advice...

Seeking advice...

I'm after a little bit of advice on how to approach being able to dress more at home....

As some of you may know I told my mum a few months ago about Anne and since then i've been dressing more and more and i'm at the point where I desperately want to do it more when im home.

Right now I only get to do it when everyones in bed and because I feel such a strong urge to dress i'm staying up late and making myself tired all the time,what would be the best way to ask to be able to dress more during the day? I don't want to go to work dressed but when I get home I really want to just slip into something I find comfortable.

I was thinking of asking if it'll be ok if whenever i'm home i dress in my room but don't let anyone see it, if I need to go do something I can get changed and then get dressed again so there's no chance of any conflicts.

Any advice would be great cause i'm really really desperate for more time right now

[SIZE="3"]Anne,
    Would it be possible for you to go to bed dressed (a little or a lot)? That way you could get some more sleep and dress.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Ask!! I would. Worst case they will just say no...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Mostly Harmless...
    I think you answered your question yourself. There is no real way to dress inside a house when there are others that are not aware of it. Sooner or later it is going to come to the day light. The best way would be to talk to your mother. I highly doubt she'll have anything against if maybe you could walk around the whole house in a way you want, but at least your room should be fine.

Don't worry, if it does not work out that well with your mother latest when you move out you'll be able to do it as often as you want to. I doubt it's going to take that long, though.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Perhaps you could just start slowly with say a pair of shoes or just a simple blouse. And sort of see where that leads. How many live at home Mum, who else?

I can certainly understand your feelings been there many times.

Subtle dressing works for me, I have gotten so good at it (not bragging here) that I can be completely dressed sans makeup, in anyones company and not make any waves so to speak. Ok not as girly or pretty as I would like to be sure, but helps it really does.

If I might be so bold, You have got a great figure, you could try a pair of skinny yoga pants, a pair of subtle girls trainers, and a girls hooded sweat shirt. You could underdress however you wanted, and if you like perfume there are some great unisex scents that lend themselves more to the feminine. You could even do very subtle makeup.

I think you would look amazingly cute in that type of outfit, but then again you look amazing cute in everything
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 06-10-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Living the life I choose!

Anne Marie, reading your post seemed all too familiar to me. I don't remember, exactly, what age I started, but I do remember the pain of always having hide it.

Mostly because I was ashamed.

I couldn't go to sleep unless I wore a night gown. Which was incredibly hard to do when you share a room with three brothers.I used to hide the clothes,concealed beneath a pile of comic books,in a wooden box under my bed. I would lay awake for hours. Waiting til my brothers fell asleep.Then I would slide out of the bed on to the floor and put it on.

There I was on the floor next to my bed, the soft light of moon shining through the window. I felt pretty.(Not in any kind of sexual way. I was to young to know what sex was.)

I never talked to my mother about it because I was ashamed.

Suggestion: Buy your own night gowns.

Mine belonged to one of my three sisters.(Sorry, Sis.)

That way it belongs to you. And you can say "Those aren't girl's clothes....they are mine!"
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I spoke to her this morning and she said although she has no problem with me doing it whenever I want, it's probably best to wait for her boyfriend to go to bed before I do so.

She did suggest just doing it whenever and shutting my door but her bf has a habit of bursting in my room asking for PC assistance lol.

It's not all bad, I can now dress from about 10 onwards, sometimes earlier instead of having to wait for my mum to go to bed at about 11:30, so I can start earlier and get into bed earlier so I don't make myself too tired

Congrats on having such a loving and accepting mom. I'm glad things are starting to work out the way you'd like them too. Remember- don't stay up too late- a gorgeous girl like yourself always needs her beauty sleep. That, plus you don't want to fall asleep at work.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Banned Read only
    Don't you feel it is time that you start going out of the house dress more......and if you are still in the closet it may be time to open the door.

LA CINDY LOVE

Sounds like you tackled the issue quite well. Kudos to you!!!!

Slow down a moment girls! I know you are only trying to be supportive but it sounds to me like she isn't ready yet.

Her first step was a pretty big one!
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 06-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Thing is I do totally feel ready to go out and I really want to i'm just a bit scared of doing so as you can imagine

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Anne Marie <sweet sisterly hug>-

Honey, you look so totally like a beautiful young woman in all your pix that to me it would be so like being a girl all the time. You are so pretty. But, fwiw, as far as dressing, unless you want to be in full girlmode all the time, like makeup and all that, you can always do what I do and what I'm sure many, many girls do, and that's just be in what I call stealth mode. Of course, I underdress, like lots of girls do, undies and so on, but I always also wear girl shoes, like athletic shoes, and sox and jeans and sort of neutral tops and earrings and clear lipgloss and just stuff like that. It just makes me feel more girly even at times I have to be in guymode.

Or maybe just get out on your own, which can be so difficult, especially nowadays, and be your ownself all the time. Even if it may be hard financially it might just be so worth it psychologically. You always have my best wishes, dear. May the Goddess smile on you and keep you safe.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Do you mean going "OUT" or just going "out"?

If it is the later you can always try what I did growing up. I spent a lot of time in the woods, far from prying eyes. I would take the girl's clothes with me and dress up in some secluded place. I would model in front of the pine trees. Nice thing about tree's is they keep their opinions to themselves.

Another nice thing was that my parents thought I was very "outdoorsy" because of all the time spent in the woods.

I do not know how close or how well you get on with your parents,
    if you have a very close relationship with them then maybe it might be a good idea to have a chat with at least one of them .
    But if you feel that you really cannot do that then i would sagest that you just try dressing a bit androgeness to start with to get them use to the idea as sometimes it is easier on all if things are done slowly with all knowing but with no direct chatting about it , it all depends on how close you all are .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Aspiring Member
    Since you have your mom's approval and acceptance, I would push the envelope in the morning rather than during the evening. Perhaps wearing a pair of fem shorts to breakfast one day, then fem shorts and a cap sleeve top the next day, then add a pair of open toed sandals the third morning. You get the idea. Most people are in too much of a hurry to really notice and you may give them a sublibital (spelling??) message that they can think about the entire day. Additionally, if you do it in the morning before everyone leaves for work, there is closure, in other words, not enough time for long and drawn out conversations about your choice of wardrobe or lifestyle. Just be prepared for some questions after work and at that time you could be in your "male" mode and perhaps better prepared for face your mom's boyfriend.

Good Luck!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by xAnne_Mariex View Post
    Thing is I do totally feel ready to go out and I really want to i'm just a bit scared of doing so as you can imagine
    You are here seeking advice on how to dress more at HOME.......when you should be seeking advice on going out, you are basically climbing the walls because you are not getting enough dress time.

Yes I know that going out your front door dress can be very scary but the more you go out the easer it will get and the more confidence you will get, there are lots of Cd's in the UK that go out so there are some TAG friendly clubs/places that you can go to....or just go for a ride but try to work on going out...just take little steps.

I know that your mother said it was OK for you to dress more at home....but do not take advance of it and go overboard...try to find a place were you can go out dress.

LA CINDY LOVE

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Cindy is 100% correct. You need to get out there. Yes, I know it's hard, but you've got to grow a pair and, . . . well, look like you don't have a pair, I guess.

Don't be scared. Number one, you are young and cute! Number two, . . . uhhh,. . . that's it, basically - you're young and cute. No one will know. Try it, it's fun!

Kathi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by xAnne_Mariex View Post
    She did suggest just doing it whenever and shutting my door but her bf has a habit of bursting in my room asking for PC assistance lol.

At the risk of sounding too obvious, go drop a few quid on a lock for your door.

Totally agree with Kathi, You are young and cute and don't look like a guy in a dress. Perhaps you might consider making contact with other Essex girls here on the forum, there are a number of them. Maybe a weekend get together or a night out, there are TG friendly locations in Essex.
    Baby steps Anne_Marie and take care.