Thread: Biggest adrenaline rush

Biggest adrenaline rush

A couple of days ago I had the biggest adrenaline rush of my time as a CDer by hitting one of the biggest shopping malls in my area. I had the day to myself and as usual out came the makeup kit. I usually just go for a drive around, but after being out in the car for about half an hour I toyed with the idea of entering a shopping mall.

This is totally unchartered territory for me, but encouraged by some of the out and about stories, and particularly by the comments of some of the members here on my presentation, I was determined to take this step further.

So I drive into the carpark, sit there for a minute to gather the thoughts and then in I go. The automatic doors opened for me like they did for everyone else, and the escalator didn't throw me off so it's off to a good start.......then enter the main arena!

It was mid morning and the place was pretty packed, as in hundreds and hundreds (this is the biggest mall in North Brisbane) of shoppers. Whoa......another deep breath and start walking. What a surreal experience walking amongst all the other shoppers. I was acutely aware of my surrounding and constantly looked out for reactions, but it seemed I was hardly noticed, and there was nothing remotely negative. Bear in mind that due to my height and size I don't think I am fooling anyone who really looks at me.

When I did get a reaction (that I noticed) it was mostly an "oh my god" wide eyed look. I'd smile, and almost always get a smile back. There were two reactions I wasn't expecting.

1. A couple probably in their 30's walked past me twice deliberately. I heard him say to his partner "I can't tell - could be"

2. In a supermarket, one of the male workers, after studying me for a minute, went out of his way to say hi, good for you.

All in all I was in the shopping mall for maybe an hour. Am definately going to do that again.

Here's a photo as I was stepping out the door that day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yay, Tasha! I knew you could do it! It only gets easier from here.

Kathi

Wonderful thing, Shopping.......
    I think you looked really nice, and see why you could just blend in.
    Great outfit for shopping

Good on you gal. You look great. Keep us post on how things are going.

Yay! Another one gets her wings! So you just learned a very critical thing - the very vast majority of people Will accept you as you present yourself. A few will look at you and wonder, but they wont be sure. In either case, all will treat you well regardless of who or what they think you may be. A lot of good people have fought and died over the years to keep your country and mine free places to exist, so go enjoy your life and your freedom.

Oops - almost forgot to mention that you look terrific!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CD Tasha View Post
    .... but encouraged by some of the out and about stories, and particularly by the comments of some of the members here on my presentation, I was determined to take this step further.
    That's how I started too ... I blame all the girls on this forum

I am so very happy for you Tasha! I'm re-living my first time in the mall and it's making me smile. It really is such a rush when you first go out in a busy public place, thankfully you had the confidence to smile and relax and enjoy the fun!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Yaaaaa!!!!! Way to go. I gota tell ya you look great. I know how you felt too. Grrrrrrrreat. Another cd has got her wings and there will be no stopping ya now. Isn't it nice to know that you can just go out and be yourself. And it will get easer as you go.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Gold Member
    I would have been too busy watching those hot legs
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I am so happy for you. I want to get the courage to do that.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    That is wonderful. Today, I went to a mall and bought a sweet black dress. Now I have something to wear when I go to the mall all dressed up! I am excited for you--and me!

That's great. I hope one day I could do something like that.

Just a part time woman? Tina Francis's Avatar
    Congratulation! You courageous managed the challenge

I able to comprehend the adrenaline......
    Tina

Perception is Reality Dana Lane's Avatar
    great story! and you looked fabulous!
    -D

Yay, you look great. Its fantastic being out and dressed. I bet it wont be long before you do it again. I'll be out for four days from next Frday. Yay yay yay!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Tasha,
    After I looked at your picture I would have been another who would have had a hard time guessing if you were male or female. You look terrific.

Keli with huggs

That's awesome, Tasha!

Sounds like a very positive experience and you obviously had a blast doing the mall thing en femme.

In regard to the two unexpected reactions, they really didn't seem very bad at all. It you were read, but there was no negative reaction associated with it. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Curiosity is fine by me. Ridicule... not so fine. But seems only curiosity was the focus in your case.

You look great in your photo, btw. How can anyone give a negative reaction to someone who looks so nice?

Looking forward to reading about Tasha's next adventure.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Good for you. That is a step I still have to take.

Well done Tasha, exactly how i started too..i think it took me about 3 attempts, i'd drive and park up at the mall (Bluewater) panic and drive home, this would make me feel miserable.i'd log on here and read about other peoples experiences and get all charged up to try again...That first time is amazing..the adrenaline..once inside and you see all those people milling about, you soon realise that the majority of people are too busy rushing about to notice...oh its so nice to just be out there like one of the girls awesome...well done...

Good for you i did the same than a long time ago and it was great now i just get dressed and go and love it it gets ester all the time it is awesome to be just one of the girls

Aspiring Member
    You look great Tasha, and I loved reading your story!