Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experts on Crossdressing percentages

Experts on Crossdressing percentages

If we believe the so-called experts who say that 98% of crossdressers are straight, and the other 2% are gay, then where does that leave me if I am bi and a crossdresser? Woe is me-no % left to play with.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt in your philosophy.Shakespeare.

I am with you bi also we are the uncounted # LOL
    Mistybtm

Gold Member
    you're in a category all your own... Don;t believe all the statistics you read. They can be made to express any trend.

Aspiring Member

You belong with us.

You are part of the 100% of the crossdressers, just like the rest of us whatever our orientation. Experts try to put each of us somewhere and this is where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by laurap View Post
    If we believe the so-called experts who say that 98% of crossdressers are straight, and the other 2% are gay, then where does that leave me if I am bi and a crossdresser? Woe is me-no % left to play with.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt in your philosophy.Shakespeare.
    In my research and counciling people it seems closer to 60% straight, 40% gay/bi.

I am bi also. I guess we are odd.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn74 View Post
    I am bi also. I guess we are odd.
    I'm not odd. I'm as normal as the rest of them.

Sarah...

Sarah not to pry but straight or bi? I understand if you say none of your buisness.

I'm sure if you do some more research, you'll find some published study that takes bi crossdressers into account.

Part of the problem may be that most of the published research was only intended to display straight vs. straight crossdressers. They may have either not been concerned about bi, or simply grouped it together with gay for the purposes of the study.

Based just on what I read in this forum, there seems to be plenty of bi crossdressers. I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble identifying and chatting with them if that is what you're really seeking. In the end - what do the percentages matter if you're just looking for some friends who get it?
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Verrrrry eeeenteresting....

You know, I always thought of myself as straight. I never have been attracted to men, but then again, I have never been strongly attracted to anyone sexually.

But now that I know that transitioning is what I must do, I admit that I am not as sure as I once was.

I don't know what it will be like if a guy finds me attractive and is treating me like a lady. I must say that I never really thought about it when I was closeted. I don't know if I will be attracted back or not, honestly, but I'm not going to rule out any possibility's.

Back to the point... when I thought I was simply a crossdresser, I felt like I was certainly, strictly straight. But as time passed, and I learned more about myself, I see that the world is not so black and white.

I know it's not necessarily true, but IMO, the people who scream out "I'M STRAIGHT!" seem more like the ones with issues......

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    I'm sure if you do some more research, you'll find some published study that takes bi crossdressers into account.

Part of the problem may be that most of the published research was only intended to display straight vs. straight crossdressers. They may have either not been concerned about bi, or simply grouped it together with gay for the purposes of the study.

Based just on what I read in this forum, there seems to be plenty of bi crossdressers. I'm pretty sure you'll have no trouble identifying and chatting with them if that is what you're really seeking. In the end - what do the percentages matter if you're just looking for some friends who get it?
    Hi Gabrielle: Enjoyed you remarks. I wrote my post-tongue-in-cheek.I guess my humour did not surface. However a lot of truth is spoken in jest!!

Hi Gabrielle: Enjoyed you remarks. I wrote my post-tongue-in-cheek.I guess my humour did not surface. However a lot of truth is spoken in jest!!
    Oh, sorry. lol

My initial response was going to be a joke, but I changed it to a serious one just in case.

I was originally going to say:

Bi cd's are like Asians in ethnic statistics. The statisticians don't care about Asians - only blacks and whites.

Just in case - THAT'S A JOKE, PEOPLE. For the record, I heard it from an Asian stand-up comedian... who's name eludes me now.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

We are all born bi. Its society that makes us straight or gay!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I think this will be a big 0%! (haha) I am also in this group!
    Last edited by kaitlin; 06-14-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    If we believe the so-called experts who say that 98% of crossdressers are straight, and the other 2% are gay, then where does that leave me if I am bi and a crossdresser?
    The studies define cross-dressers as people who possess certain attribute or behave certain ways. As far as the studies are concerned, being bi disqualifies you from being a cross-dresser. You fall outside of the study all-together.

(Wish I was kidding on this, but I get the impression that it is all too close to the truth.)

Well, as a kid I always insisted that I wear one red stocking, and one blue one. Guess that makes me "biSoxual." Do we get a separate category?

Actually, I think the numbers of bisexuals among the entire transgendered community is pretty high. Most of the "straight ones," after you talk to them for a while, will often admit to bisexual fantasies.

The great problem with trying to interpret such anecdotal information? "If your femme on the inside and you like guys....does that make you straight or gay?" "Or, if you like women, and your a woman on the inside...are you a lesbian or a Transman?"

These are all behaviors that people are usually not truthful about, especially in a survey. Even if we got the numbers right, it's all subjective when we try to figure out someone's "persuasion." So.....don't believe everything you read, especially about us. Most researchers are not part of our community and don't have a clue about "The Real Us."

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    The studies define cross-dressers as people who possess certain attribute or behave certain ways. As far as the studies are concerned, being bi disqualifies you from being a cross-dresser. You fall outside of the study all-together.

(Wish I was kidding on this, but I get the impression that it is all too close to the truth.)
    I wrote my post tongue-in-cheek. I am also wawre that a lot of truth is spoken in jest. No need to be so serious.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Well, as a kid I always insisted that I wear one red stocking, and one blue one. Guess that makes me "biSoxual." Do we get a separate category?

Actually, I think the numbers of bisexuals among the entire transgendered community is pretty high. Most of the "straight ones," after you talk to them for a while, will often admit to bisexual fantasies.

The great problem with trying to interpret such anecdotal information? "If your femme on the inside and you like guys....does that make you straight or gay?" "Or, if you like women, and your a woman on the inside...are you a lesbian or a Transman?"

These are all behaviors that people are usually not truthful about, especially in a survey. Even if we got the numbers right, it's all subjective when we try to figure out someone's "persuasion." So.....don't believe everything you read, especially about us. Most researchers are not part of our community and don't have a clue about "The Real Us."

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Hi Joanie: Loved your reply. Actually I wrote the post tongue-in-cheek. My humour failed to manifest itself.I am,however, delighted with the response. I'm new in town, and am enjoying the population immensely. Peace and Love.
    Laura.

The problem is that real people buck the percentages. Any "stats" by experts are useless from that perspective.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I feel that society as a whole likes gender lines an bi messes with there graph. What you like apples and organes you can not do that pick one. I feel that you do not pick the food you like or dislike. So how could you pick what makes you sexualy happy. I feel all should be free to expore with out hatered or fear. Hugs

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

There are no accurate numbers on the percentage of crossdressers in society. There are no accurate numbers on the percentage of gays and bisexuals in society. With this lack of information determining the number of bisexual crossdressers is impossible.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

LOL OK, well I actually read this thread and was a little relieved. I too had seen the quotes about almost all CDs being straight and wondered how there could be so few bisexual CDs. So I was thinking, even amongst crossdressers I am an oddball since I am bisexual. Kinda nice to see that it isn't apparently true. It didn't ring true, based on my own experiences. I would think the split would at least be more similar to the general population.

>>>hugs<<<

Pauline

I wrote my post tongue-in-cheek. I am also wawre that a lot of truth is spoken in jest. No need to be so serious.
    Don't believe everything you read..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Although I'm straight I'm still a little queer.

From NSW Central Coast, Australia but mostly live in Bangkok, Thailand
    From all the various surveys I have seen, about 2 out of 3 crossdressers are straight and the rest either bi or gay. But then who is counting all the CDs hiding in closets? I am straight and one of my closest CD friends is gay. Really, who cares? We are people who love to crossdress and explore our feminine side, and that is what binds us together.