Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very Confused need help. Please help. / Has anyone taken a gender test?

Gold Member
    OK, I scored a 95, COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE! That's about right!!

[SIZE=4]Allie,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] Just for sh*** & giggles I took the test and scored an 80 which put me in the same category as you. And I have to say I agreed with these results.[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    I can talk golf with the guys and lingerie with the ladies.
    Do I need help?.
    Anybody who talks about golf needs help
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    A very smart young therapist once said to me, when I asked her the very same question, a few years back.

"Why can't you be both?"

I pondered that for quite a while.
    Yes.There are somethings about each gender that are worth keeping.
    You can be the best of both worlds!
    You can be "YOU".
    I agree.

I took that test. Because I'm a GG I had to mentally change the questions a bit to fit my situation. I have to say, it was pretty accurate. -25: androgyne.

I look feminine on the outside, but I'm fairly androgynous (but slightly more female) inside my mind... unless some situation brings out my male or female side strongly. I like both sides.

Many years ago there was a huge difference between my serious, suit-wearing work self and my party animal nighttime self. This became exhausting after a while. Gradually I toned down the night side and loosened up during the day until I was pretty much a happy medium all the time. It worked for me. Something similar might work for you.
    Last edited by Andy66; 08-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.

I don't take it too seriously. . But it was pretty accurate for me. Thanks for the "girl, girl, girl" comment. That means that at least when I'm in girl mode I'm pulling it off. ;-)

Kisses,

Allie

If you new folks will take a quick look at the thread starter, you'll see this question was originally posted back in June (and, as others have noted, it keeps coming up again). For those who have not taken the time to read past discussions on the COGIATI, here's a quick summary: You should put every bit as much faith in that test as you do in your fortune cookie. Some of the distinctions between the answers (like "maybe" vs. "sometimes" vs. "possibly") are so fuzzy that you could give a completely different, but perfectly honest, answer to the same question three times in a row... and yet those three identical answers can nudge your score five or ten points in either direction depending on which one you pick. The test also presupposes some ridiculously outdated gender stereotypes like only men are good at math and only women are good at reading facial expressions. The remaining questions that might actually have some relevance to your personality are not any kind of analysis at all; they're just taking what you said and repeating it back to you. That is, if you're the type of person who would be thrilled with loss of your male genitalia and an opportunity to magically transform into the opposite sex - wow, big news flash, you are a likely candidate for SRS. OK, scratch that summary. You could get BETTER results from a fortune cookie.

Sorry about all the snark (yeah, right) but I seriously hate it when junk science is passed off as the real thing. That's fine when everybody knows it's junk, but when gullible folks actually make life decisions based on that junk science, I get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Here is a tried and true gender test -

1) do you want to live your life as the opposite of your birth gender?
    Yes No

If yes - Start taking steps now to transition
    If no - Take no steps towards transition

Many moments went into creating this gender test. The majority of time was spent correcting typos.
    That's the best gender test I have seen yet.

Roseville, Ca. (fromerly of Riverside, Ca.)
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    I too took it for entertainment but it had an accurate diagnosis inspite of its flaws. I just mentioned it as back up so it was clear that Im not TS in denial or somthing like that.
    Personally if you were a TS you would know it, there isnt much denial aside from trying to surpress your innerself. Are there masculine women who enjoy baseball, motorcycles, boxing, etc... absolutely. Theres no reason you couldnt be transgendered, identify as female and still enjoy more masculine hobbies, work etc... I was sort of this way for a long time, I thought that if I flooded my life with uber (sorry mod's I know its not an english word ) male hobbies like riding dirtbikes and playing paintball that I could sort of drown the woman inside with testosorone. But thats not really me, I still enjoy some of that stuff I just dont take it to extremes. Now on the other hand I know a TS female who is uber girly but loves to drive off road and work on trucks. The point is were all complex and we all have different things that bring us peace. If you are TS you know, you just do, even if you are in denial or are trying to surpress your self deep down you know. Dont let your hobbies dictate who you are. If you take the time and think there are a lot of women who enjoy extreme sports and hold traditional male jobs, theres no reason you cant be one of them. There are a lot of women who dont enjoy wearing skirts and heels and are happy in a t-shirt and jeans, theres no reason you cant be one of them.
    "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." -Ghandi-

A friend of mine's husband is TG. S/he came out to my friend 12 odd years ago, and after a difficult first few years eventually the family rallied around, including the kids who are now nearly adult, to fully support husband/dad. The family also belongs to a church community that is extremely supportive of the husband's transness.

So my friend told me that her husband over the years ran the gamut from at first being extremely involved in the lifestyle and wanting to live 24/7, take hormones, and not knowing if she wanted to transition, to not wanting to dress at all for some years (despite having everyone's full support), to being happy living in balance, to beginning the cycle all over again.

I should think my friend's husband would have had different results on the cogiati or similar tests depending on when s/he took it. I've often wondered if gender identification among some CDers (not TSs) is more fluid than people believe, and indicates changing attitudes rather than a permanent state of being.
    Reine

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Ralph,

Are you saying Fortune Cookies aren't always true? Darn, I really wanted that check to come!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I just took this silly test and got just what i knew already. score 135, probable transsexual . classification 4 i do need to seek some professional help not so they can tell me what i am just so i can hopefully get this train rolling, and at last find some peace and contentment

IME the Cogiati gives you exactly the answer you want - which means it's too easy (both subconsciously and consciously) to slant the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by sheridan View Post
    Personally if you were a TS you would know it, there isnt much denial aside from trying to surpress your innerself.
    I've heard many people say this - and yet a lot of people I know who've transitioned have had long periods of doubt and uncertainty - it seems at least as common as absolute certainty, and perhaps is more understandable?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Anybody who talks about golf needs help

i just read this out to clayfish n he cracked up myself oi think hes beyond any help laffing... but then thats just my

im a GG n that test says im more to the male then female. now go figure that one...laffing... does that mean i have bigger balls then most, n clayfish says nah i just sell more tickets. laffing

thats exactly how i am! on the test also...

i just roll with it and if guys are uncomfortable with it, trust me, there are many guys out there who arent sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I've often wondered if gender identification among some CDers (not TSs) is more fluid than people believe, and indicates changing attitudes rather than a permanent state of being.
    I think it might be, but then again I think a certain number of self-identified CD's are what I call "Proto-TS's"

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    A while ago I took the COMBINED GENDER IDENTITY AND TRANSSEXUALITY INVENTORY assessment test. I feel that it provided a very accurate result. Saying that I am Bi/Dual-Gendered. Meaning that I have a very distinct Masculine Side, and a very distinct Feminine side.

Im having a tricky time with this, as its hard to talk even to transsexuals about this problem because I have to explain it for a good 15 minutes. Like I visit a transexual chatroom on IMVU a lot, but then there are long periods of time where Im gone doing male things. I cant really introduce my transexual friends to my "normal friends" and I cant do the vice-versa either.

The big problem though is that I cant seam to find harmony or balance between the two identities. For example, When I try to date, I cant say that Im a Tgirl, even though I kind of am about 50% of the time. Then when they are OK with that, its a mind trip for them to get used to me as a guy, then as a girl for while, then back to guy another few days later.

I couldn't like seek permission to go to work in drag sometimes, then as a male sometimes.

My problem is that I seam to have to choose between the two gender identities, but both are important to me, and I like both. I cant really do without one of them either.
    I cant get like a sex change to take care of this either, because the masculine side is important to me too, it wouldnt work any better if I was transformed.

Anyone can help me out on this? Its not a HUGE problem right now, but it is an issue and I fear that it is growing more into a big problem as time progresses.

Take the COGLIATI for yourself, for free at http://transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html
    Hi Vikki

I don't know of this test but I would imagine that the stereoptype content in the questions could well be true. I would struggle to take it seriously therefore because I tend to hate stereotypes...especialy gender ones!

I understand the things you are saying about having male friends and TG friends .....and finding it hard to combine the two. I don't have any real life TG friends ( yet ) but I have a lot of girlfriends and few male friends. I struggle to understand the boy lifestyle in a lot of ways and sometimes i have struggled to make new male friends. That is a sad thing in a way because i so want to behave as I normaly would like when I'm around my girlfriends, which is basicaly one of the girls!.....though when around new males I struggle to let my guard down and tend to take on that mask I'v grown all my life.

It makes me sad , because I often meet men who are sensitive and gentle and would no doubt be fine with me being like a girl, but I don't let them in. For me it is a pretty clear feeling inside...in how I believe I am a girl inside and the male behavior is mostly...mostly a mask or a remnant of the mask I'v been wearing since I was 5.

I won't deny that I have some trates that are masculine and likes/dislikes etc. I don't fight those things because most GG I know or have met also have various male trates.

b

I took the test - scored 245 - they said I was a transexual !

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Not a Choice

You betcha - it's a huge problem. Been there, done that myself.

If you are truly transgendered (call it bi-gendered if you wish) then you must not hide one gender nor should you feel that you need to choose. It won't do you any good since the other "ignored" gender will scream at you until you let it out. It's worse than a foo-foo dog locked in a car at a mall. I can't tell you how to let both sides find expression, but I can tell you that you need to find ways of doing just that.

For me, I seem to have simply reached a place of ease and comfort with my own dual gender issue. To most of my friends I probably seem to be a pretty average kind of guy. But, then, I tend to choose friends and situations that are comfortable and non-threatening. Think about who you see and where you are. Be advised: it gets easier as you get older because less is expected of you in regard to gender presentation.

I keep my feminine side mostly confined to home where my wife is wonderfully accepting and supportive. Very rarely we go out shopping together and I dress down to match the locals. So, the fem side gets a compromise but it works for me. You will find your own water level.

Just be aware that both genders need to find expression. To do otherwise is to invite stress, shame, and worry lines.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Scored 175

Vikki,I scored 175 and I will not be cutting the junk off in this life time for the sake of that test!
    I need a drink
    Jeanna
    Last edited by Jeanna; 08-03-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Vikki,

If you don't know who you are, no one else does. You say you value both your male and female sides equally. There's your answer. Enjoy one or the other as the mood takes you.

Gayle
    Gayle Stainforth

Believe me when I say that a great many of us here know exactly what you are talking about as we have "been there, done that". A great many of us have had to live double lives; one as a man, the other as a woman (so to speak).
    This is not always easy and is often frustrating. One has to consider a number of factors when deciding how to best handle this situation. Not everyone will make the same choices.
    The "good news" is that you are not alone and that many of us understand and are sympathetic.
    Good luck!
    Hugs, Carole

I just took it, not too surprised at the outcome. Nice to have some affirmation from a 3rd party source

for kicks I took the Cogiati test.its says I am androgynous... I could have guessed the results. I dont have time or money to go to a shrink. I am no risk to myself so no big deal.

I dont put much faith in test like that anyway

What might be really interesting is if people took the test crossdressed and then took it later while not crossdressed and see if the scores are the same or different. Does our gender presentation change our score?

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the Bem Sex Role Inventory (BSRI). Even though it has been around for awhile and has some reported flaws, it seems to be a "standard" gender test...

Robyn P.

I did the test, 155 Class 4 (Probable TS) was result. Tests like these are fun, and can give one a bit of an idea but ultimately as others have said nothing can replace a professional therapist. This isn't a small issue as i'm beginning to learn as I sort through my own identity problems.
    Last edited by Sylvermane; 08-05-2009 at 02:05 AM.