Thread: my dad made me cry today, happy cry.

Talking my dad made me cry today, happy cry.

well mom talked to dad to bring him up to date, not totally but a breif rundown and showed him one pic of me from my myspace page. he said that he loved me (rare to hear those words from him to me), to be careful outside and that i look like a pretty woman. i actually had to hang up the phone and hide ( i was at work) i was crying so hard. i stopped by there house on the way home to mow there yard for them and get a free dinner. when dad came out i gave him a big hug and a thank you. he asked what that was for and i told it was for makeing me feel special and then i cried again. mom told me later that dad was thinking of having julie over for dinner sometime. i'm not going to push julie on him or mom cause this is too important a hurdle to jump to mess it up but it's off to a great start so far.
    My best friend gave me the best advice
    He said each day's a gift and not a given right
    Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
    And try to take the path less traveled by
    That first step you take is the longest stride

Julie, what a moving story, I am so happy for you. I think I would be crying also
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Julie,

I am really happy to hear about this.

Your Mom and DAD must be really special!!

Hugs,

Missy Anne

i knew i could count on them as there son as they were always there for me when i needed them. but to be honest i never expected this.

Julie, I'm so happy for youand you are right in your perseption of you Dad. I'mnot sure of your age but the older crowd has been on the whole less accepting. Your Mom and Dad are truely wonderful parents. I would have to say there are tears of joy here.

Huggs and Kisses Keli

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Aww, Julie, that is so great. I'm getting pretty misty myself. How wonderful for you. What a relief, huh?

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

well i'm 41 and if you repeat it to anyone i'll deny it

Gold Member
    Good for you Julie. Your parents are true parents. I know eventually you will introduce them to your lovely fem self..probably sooner than you think.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    What a truly great thing for you, Julie! I lost both my parents when young, and was raised by a loving Aunt and Uncle. But they were not that loving, I was in the closet then and stayed there. I didn't really come out until I became engaged to my wonderful late wife who fully accepted both me and Stephanie!

As you indicated you would, take it slow with them. But it does seem that they have accepted the fact that Julie is a big part of who you are!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Hi Julie,
    I loved reading your touching thread about your fathers acceptance.
    You're a very lucky girl.

Tanya

Wow, that's fantastic! Makes me wonder how my Dad would be, he's always been great. Don't want to tell him over the phone though, and he's 3 hours away.
    Again, congratulations!

Awe Julie, that's just soooo wonderful! You must've done a good job of raising him:-)

It's amazing how many sweet tears these stories provide. Thanks for my first one of the day.

Bobbi
    I AM Shirley, and don't call me Serious.

I'm so happy for you Julie. that's wonderful. Enjoy your parents while you can. Life is too short.
    Hugs
    Beth

Thats Great news Julie

I can only imagine how wonderful it felt

Make sure you give them both a big hug they deserve it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

that is so amazing. i'm still nervous about coming out to my parents. mainly my father.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

That is really fantastic Julie. I am moved with a tear in my eye and a hope in my heart for mankind. Fathers Day is coming up. You know what to do.

Silver Member
    Congrats on your "coming out" to your wonderful parents! The world should have more parents like yours! Life is so much easier when you are accepted for being "you"! Continue to communicate with honest feelings, go slow in presenting your feminine side, & tell them often you love them. Thanx for sharing this wonderful moment in your life.