Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the motives for crossdressing?

Question What are the motives for crossdressing?

I want to know is this a psychological quirk, a fetish, is it gay? If so can it be cured? Can the person stop?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I do it for fun - plain & simple.

Kathi

i also do it for fun.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

When I think of crossdressing while I am not dressed like a woman, sometimes I get a feeling that is kind of like an anxiety attack, not nearly as scary though. When that happens, the time to get dressed up is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by queenieweenie2003 View Post
    Can the person stop?
    It rather sounds as if you want to...

Have you tried?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Can a true CD stop? I'm sure all have tried a time or two only to become miserable.At least thats my case.I do it because I enjoy it.Am I gay?No I go both ways thank you.

I dress this way because I'm a woman. Yeaaaaaaaaaa
    Kisses, Linda

Fun

Not only is it fun, but it's very sensual as well.

I do it because it is how I am, If I could not dress I would be so depressed that I could not function. I am me when I am dressed.

Hugs to all
    Annaliese

My answers in the order asked: possibly, possibly, maybe, possibly, maybe.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i CD because it makes me happy. it something i like to do. u could probably stop CDing but it would be hard if u always do it.
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

Silver Member
    I do it because it makes me feel happy to do it, I have done it for years and yes tried to stop, wondered if I could but couldn't and in fact have no desire at all to stop now, I am comfortable with it and it also relaxes me too

Am I gay, not even close

I dress like this for fun. I just love going out to the bars with my girlfriends.

Ah, Queenie ... if you get 10 crossdressers in a room and ask that question, you're bound to get at least 11 different answers.

The only important question is to ask oneself "what is my motivation for crossdressing?" As little as it helps the confusion you seem to have right now, you're the only one who can answer that question for you.

Queenie,
    First of all welcome to the forum. I couldn't tell from your post whether you were the Cder or were in a relationship with one. In my mind the basis for CD is something internal that is not a mental illness, but for me is more than just a fetish. It is part of me. It is not really a sexual activity for me, but it does provide a calming and centering feeling. I would say it is more emotional. I can't say for others but for me it is definitely not gay. I have no interest in men, either dressed or not.

Can it be cured? There are times I sincerely wish it could. I am in the closet and the secrecy takes time, effort, stress and money.

Can you stop? I have tried many times over 45 years, and haven't been able to yet. I have gone on CD sabbatical a few times but have always started again even after a few years.

In any case, if you have come here for support or understanding, I think you have come to the right place, welcome.

Jaydee

This is what i heard on the streets.

This is what i heard pple say about us "CDs crossdress to attact men" that deep.....deep...deep.....down, without we ourselves knowing it, we CD to attract men or get male attention. But i think most of us on this forum know better. Some CD to attract women or other CDs or TS or CD to please themselves. To tell u the truth i CD to quench the urge no urge no CD.

I want to know is this a psychological quirk, a fetish, is it gay? If so can it be cured? Can the person stop?

It is what it is. Sometimes there is no reason. It just happens.

Is it psychological quirk? Perhaps. There is some scientific data to back up that assumption. But a genetic predisposition to a certain type of behavior doesn't make it uncontrollable. We still have some degree of choice.

Is it a fetish? Perhaps. Depends on the individual. As a sexual fetish the need dissipates when the sexual act is completed.Predisposition to fetishes can also be a genetic factor. Fetishes are also a matter of choice.

Is it Gay? Perhaps. But again it depends on the individual. Also a matter of choice, although their are many that would dispute the assumption, again referring back to the genetics.

Can it be cured? Perhaps. But the cure itself may be far worse than the disease.

If everything can be explained by genetic predispositions, and choice is not a factor, then a cure means simply changing the underlying hard wiring and individuality goes out the window.

I think. Therefore I am. I am because I chose to be.
    It is as simple as that.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I do it for the fame, fortune, and international adulation.

Also sometimes as a handy disguise when I'm in a felonious mood.

What is this? LAW & ORDER? We all had MOTIVE.
    MOTIVE AND OPPORTUNITY!!!!
    "Take me away, Officer!"
    Handcuff me!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    What's up with the ontological questions all the time? As my favorite existentialist philosopher, Popeye the Sailor, once said. "I yam, what I yam."

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I want to know is this a psychological quirk? Probably
    a fetish? Occasionally
    is it gay? Sometimes
    If so can it be cured? Possibly
    Can the person stop? Probably not
    I don't have a motive for crossdressing, i just do it because it's part of who i am

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    What is this? LAW & ORDER? We all had MOTIVE.
    MOTIVE AND OPPORTUNITY!!!!
    "Take me away, Officer!"
    Handcuff me!
    Yeah Law and Order, SVU. Look out Ice Tea!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Because it's there..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

This is what i heard pple say about us "CDs crossdress to attact men" that deep.....deep...deep.....down, without we ourselves knowing it, we CD to attract men or get male attention.
    Easy way to dispute that theory is to ask how to explain those of us who never leave the house dressed up, and never intend to.

If you want to know why I crossdress, read my biography. Just click on the link below. It may or may not apply to others as well, but the last shrink I saw basically said it made a lot of sense.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hello Queenieweenie!
    Welcome to the forum. Your first post, and you are asking the quintessential question for us all! I hope you find this forum as fun, entertaining and helpful as I do. It is always good to know that others are doing and acting pretty much as you are. It gives solace to you when you are feeling that you should not be dressing and are a societal pariah. I dress because I feel good getting all dolled up, I feel wonderful and I have a huge need to dress and shop all the time. The need is so strong that I cannot stop dressing. When dressed I go out as Charlie and try not to get into trouble!
    Charlie