Thread: Had to throw clothes away.......

Unhappy Had to throw clothes away.......

As some of you know i moved in with Sheila two days ago

While we were unpacking my femme things yesterday, it was decided to throw some things out and some are to be donated to a local charity shop

Is this a good start to our future together?

Great start! Really - no sarcasm intended. How lovely to have a partner to cast a critical feminine eye over the clothes. My S.O. and I had a "fashion show" and clear out of my stuff when we moved in togther. Actually, some of it was to dire, she wouldn't even let me put it on!

I now have a much easier and clearer wardrobe. I was too attached to some unsuitable stuff - but kept it because it had an emotional link to earlier days.

Now, after a shopping trip, we both relook at what we have and remove the old / outdated / never worn it! stuff to make room for the new.

All the best to you both.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Threw clothes away!? Now you won't look like a tart!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    If you saw how many clothes Debs has, trust me, the tart will live long and prosper for a long time to come
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Ah Debs..I'm sorry..

It's like throwing "old friends" away..and possibly a couple of "security blankets"..I know..I had a "couple" pieces of clothing I just knew I couldn't live without 'em..until M showed me "the way"...and as usual was right..

But I've seen what impeccable taste that lovely and extremely generous Lady of yours has...and along with your own wonderful sense of fashion (you can really pick out the prettiest Shiny stuff..and those shoes!!!)..between the two of ya..you will have a wardrobe "ta die for"...
    I am glad you are Home and Safe..
    Blessings,
    Majestyk's Lady

Most of us hang on to stuff that is past its use by date. It's hard to let it go but it is the best way. My wife uses a system where she puts all the clothes hangers around one way and the start of the season and if they are still that way at the end of the season she knows the garment hasn't been worn and out it goes. I find it more difficult but I'm learning.

Have a and move on. Life's not about sweating the small stuff.

So what's wrong with looking like a tart if you are a tart?
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

One in one out

My wife has insituted a rule due to our closets being so full. If I buy something new something old has to go. It works very well. We also send to thrift shops.
    Margot

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Debs it looks like Sharon just called you a tart

I think your secret is out
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

[SIZE="2"]Looks like I'll have to get Sheila down here to sort out Jaycie's stuff

We just don't have the room.

Before we moved I sorted out my wardrobes and got rid of about 2 bin liners full of clothes. I asked my SO to do the same. He got rid of a shirt

There's also stuff in Jaycie's wardrobe that she doesn't wear as they didn't live up to expectations once put on. I'm sure that we could get rid of some more.
    [/SIZE]
    If we were all the same, there would be no choice.

Hang on doesn't throwing out = going to buy more?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

When my SO first brought all her stuff out of storage I had a very strong urge to cull it!

A lot of the garments had sentimental value/had been around an awful long time/was the only thing available/was difficult to come by/provided many a happy hour/was fun/was a good look in the 70s.

It was a little difficult to be sympathetic as this crumpled, stale stash was at least five times the size of my own wardrobe. Gradually SO has realised that letting old stuff go (goodbye lurex, fishtail, sequined, falling-apart, shoulder pads, snow white look-a-like) means buying NEW stuff! Her wardrobe is still five time the size of mine, but it is all rather fab!

Debs... I have no doubt that the items you're letting go of will be replaced by fabulous new stuff! Enjoy splurging even if it means a little purging! Not that you'll have time for all that malarky when you get yer pigeons!

Congrats to you and Sheila for going for it!

Now you won't look like a tart!
    Yeah i will, i'll just look like a high class tart now

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    If you saw how many clothes Debs has, trust me, the tart will live long and prosper for a long time to come
    You bet
    This tart ain't going nowhere

Thank you Sharon for springing so elequently to my defence

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Debs it looks like Sharon just called you a tart I think your secret is out
    Damn now i'll have to rethink my whole look.....Do think a skirt suit looks good on me? Attachment 91237

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    Not that you'll have time for all that malarky when you get yer pigeons!
    Actually Sarah, we've decided to breed Whippets
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-23-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Yea, that is positive I think. As my wife and I have moved forward together with crossdressing, she is more involved in decisions regarding clothing. There are some things that she just does not like and suggests that I sell while there are others that she absolutely adores.

yeah that...besides everyone knows that poptarts come two to a package, there has to be two of us here otherwise I would be lonely
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    yeah that...besides everyone knows that poptarts come two to a package, there has to be two of us here
    It's in the FAQs.....Two poptarts are required to enable the successful functioning of all crossdressing forums

Lorileah and I are the official poptarts on this forum

That's why Sheila had to allow me to keep a lot of my tarty clothes, i need them for my official duties here

Love the comment about the whippets Debs.
    Tha'll need a flat cap an' all then (maybe a pink one...)
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    So like a complete purge of all women's stuff or just got rid of the overabundance?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Nice suit, Debs. Verrrrry professional!

[SIZE=1](Notice I didn't say what profession!)[/SIZE]

Anyway, I think it's a great start, Deborah dear. Clothes are replacable!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/