Thread: I never EVER thought I would be this brave....

Passionate for Pantyhose

I never EVER thought I would be this brave....

So,,,,I was at WalMart today and I wanted to get a couple of pairs of Leggs Sheer Energy. I did my usual thing when I am not with my wife and looking to buy some new hose, got nervous.

When I am with my wife shopping, I have no fear. Even if she is in another area of the store, I can go look at fem things, and pick them up, look at them, even pantyhose, and take them across the store and put them in the cart. No problem I figure because she is with me at the checkout.

When I am not with her, and I need hose, I usually always get nervous and walk around the isles and pass the hosiery isle to see if anyone is there. If there is, I just keep going and come back. When no one is there, I find what I need, and go to the checkout. Usually I go to the self check, pay, and say thank you to the clerk who is overseeing the self check lanes. Yes, I know they can see what I bought, but I figure at least I am walking out when they say thank you, and make my quick exit.

Lately, I have been getting a much braver attitude when shopping alone. I figure these people don't know me and won't see me again probably so who cares. They can think what they want. Soooo,,,based on that, today I went to the hosiery isle, got my two pairs of Sheer Energy, and walked up to the registers. First I looked at the self check ones and they were busy. So I thought, the hell with it and went into the regular lines.

The cashier was an blonde woman, in her late 40's, and average looking. She said "hello sir, how are you doing today?" I said I am doing well, thanks, how are you? She said "fine, thank you." Next, she kinda smiled and said, "Hmm, these are size Q, they may not be the right size." I was not to shocked at her comment since I have been through this before (which is why I usually use the self check lanes) but I did not bat an eye and replied, "Oh, there the right size and fit perfectly. See!!" and I pulled my shirt up a little and tugged the waistband up with my thumb to show her the jet black pair of Silken Mist pantyhose I was wearing!!!!!! OH YEA!!!! I was thrilled!

She just kind of looked at the waistband and said, "Hmm I bet the the rest of you looks pretty good in those." WOW,,,I wanted to tell her that perhaps she could find out sometime but being married and all, I just couldn't. Right after her comments, she very quickly apologized and said she should not have said anything regarding my purchase. I told her, no problem. It was nice to hear someone make a nice comment about me purchasing hose.

I never thought I would have enough guts to do that, but I am glad I did. It felt so great to just be honest about it and not worry about what someone else thought.

...Paula
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 06-19-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: TMI

Thumbs up Wow!

[SIZE="3"]Thanks for sharing your beautiful story, Paula. A positive sory like this is encouraging. Bet you're on cloud nine now.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Gold Member
    It gets easier, there will come a day when you go out to buy femme things and not even think about if someone notices.

It was like yesterday I was buying a wife beater and belt at Fashion Bug, and they said "Did you want this belt?" I wrapped it around my waist, said "Yeah, it might be a tad tight but for the price why not?" No one was smiling, making stupid comments or anything.

I do miss the days when buying femme things was kind of a rush, after a while it gets so normal.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    It does get easier every time you shop, which in my case is often!! LOL!

In my over years of being a CD with a very supportive wife, I have experienced just about everything when it comes to shopping and checking out. Shopping with my late wife once I picked out some lacy satin panties for myself. When we got to the checkout the SA looked at the panties, took a longer look at my slim petite wife and said, "are you sure you got the right size?" Without missing a beat my wife responded, "those are my husband's, not mine!" The clerk smiled at me and said, "you have nice taste!"

The only thing that matters to the clerks is making the sale. They don't really care who is going to be wearing the clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts_4_Nylons View Post
    I never thought I would have enough guts to do that, but I am glad I did. It felt so great to just be honest about it and not worry about what someone else thought.

...Paula
    Great going, Paula!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Enjoy the rush. Revel in the thrill of your purchase.

Thats great Paula, unfortunately you may now have a new problem. My experience is the easier it got to shop for myself the more I shopped and that gets expensive in a hurry.

Congratulations.

-Pam-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Maybe it's because I've been buying hosiery for so many years, but I never give it a second thought, I just go to the hosiery isle, pick out the ones I want and buy them. No one has ever questioned me, or given me a funny look. Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable doing it, and it shows. Who knows, anyways, I think in most cases such as this, we're our own worst enemy. So go out and shop, and enjoy yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn NM View Post
    Maybe it's because I've been buying hosiery for so many years, but I never give it a second thought, I just go to the hosiery isle, pick out the ones I want and buy them. No one has ever questioned me, or given me a funny look. Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable doing it, and it shows. Who knows, anyways, I think in most cases such as this, we're our own worst enemy. So go out and shop, and enjoy yourself!
    Ditto

Like Paula said..."It gets expensive in a hurry!"

My clothing, make-up and accessories budget goes about 75% Jennifer and the rest is drab. It's like having another person living with you without her having a job.

I think we should be able to deduct the female costs and take another exemption on the taxes!

Jennifer

Good for you in passing a boundary, but I never really got the "stockings" thing. Almost no women wear them these days, and unless they're paired up with lingerie as part of a formal outfit (and how often does a situation for that come up?), they're just a relic of the past.

My wife is one of those chackout ladies at Walmart. I can't buy anything there because they all know me. I was sitting there talking to my sister-in-law and they all wanted to beat me up because they thought I was cheating on my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    Good for you in passing a boundary, but I never really got the "stockings" thing. Almost no women wear them these days, and unless they're paired up with lingerie as part of a formal outfit (and how often does a situation for that come up?), they're just a relic of the past.
    Well, that's their loss. Personnaly, I love wearing nice silky smooth stockings, and I don't understand at all why women don't wear them as often today, and my wife agrees with me.

Another landmine sidestepped. Great going Paula!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    Who knows who you are buying them for. But as for the above comment, i find that lots of smartly dressed women wear stockings and they are the ones I'm trying to emulate. It's winter here and very few women wearing skirts/dresses (and this year there are lots of them) are not wearing stockings. But anyhow I just love the feel of them.

Last weekend i was at the mall with my mother, and i saw the cuttest leggins... and on sale!!! I never bought my stuff myself (my gf does) but they were irresistible and later i told her that i had to use the bathroom and leave her shopping while i came back for them. It only took me two minutes to take them to the clerk, pay and leave. Fortunately, they gave me a tiny bag so i could hide it from her.

When i told my gf, she giggles and said that it was a huge step for me. So i totally understand what Paula says.

I bought stuff for my other half for eighteen years without thinking about it - when it came to buy stuff for me, it really wasn't a big deal? The problem is in our heads - no one elses'..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

I've never done that.. the self check thing I mean.. nor the casual conversation either.. though I have to say I try to get some B.S. story set for that very thing.. these panties are different sizes, did you know that?? my answer; this is what she said to get.. when in truth different styles fit differently.. same with shoes, open toed shoes I can wear a full size smaller than pumps.. pantyhose or tights I tend to go tall or queen on more to not stress the material as much as my true size.. bras are tricky and I'm not going there.. but I see for the most part checkers rarely look at me..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Definitely gets easier the more you shop. As I always try clothes on before purchasing, I guess that makes me out to quite a few SA's around the place.

Tash

On Saterday

I went to a local shop Saterday and bought some legings, jeans, a top and 3 tube tops and this weird shorts/top thingy. (I thought it was a skirt and I am taking it back today). I have never felt more at ease shopping before, it was great!!

Susan