Thread: Tired of explaining...

Tired of explaining...

I went through a phase of wondering, and asking, and then later explaining, why we do what we do. It seemed important at the time.
    I never got a fully satisfactory answer for, nor did I clearly explain to anyone else (not even my therapist), what is going on.
    The CDing carries on regardless. It does not require detailed explanations for it to work.
    So I've given up. I CD because I like to, because it fulfils me in some way, and there's an end to it.
    Why should we explain ourselves anyway? We're just part of the overall picture (and quite an attractive part, may I say).
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=109540

I posted this link for you because I feel it might help answer some of your question.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Gold Member
    Just tell people what they want to hear.

"Are you wearing ...?"
    yes
    "Do you wear women's clothing?"
    yes
    "Are you gay?"
    yes...

and answer in a really bored voice. The questions do get tired.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Wife of a Part Time Girl rlars1's Avatar
    I think as human beings we always want answers for everything. However, there are times when the answer is that it is just the way it is. That is how came to my peace with my husbands cding so quickly. I just had to stop fighting with the fact that there is no other reason than it is something he enjoys doing.
    Yes, he is a man and yes, he is wearing a skirt. Isn't he adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I went through a phase of wondering, and asking, and then later explaining, why we do what we do. It seemed important at the time.
    I never got a fully satisfactory answer for, nor did I clearly explain to anyone else (not even my therapist), what is going on.
    The CDing carries on regardless. It does not require detailed explanations for it to work.
    So I've given up. I CD because I like to, because it fulfils me in some way, and there's an end to it.
    Why should we explain ourselves anyway? We're just part of the overall picture (and quite an attractive part, may I say).
    I think Sigmund Freud is apocryphally quoted as saying, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

And then there's the wonderful quote from Popeye, "I am what I am and that's all I am."

I'm with you on this one 100%, girl!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I've given up wondering who I am and why I CD. It's something I like doing and as long as it harms no one who knows (only me & my wife) why care. I'm too old to sweat all the small stuff especially after a couple of major medical issues where the difference between life & death was like a razor's edge. These experiences tend to put other things in perspective.

I can understand your frustration Ruth, but I don't think many non-CDrs or non-TGs are too interested in understanding the "why" anyway. I think they would rather simply not have to try to wrap their head around what we do.

I don't think there is much I can say to help people understand.

At this point, I still have a tremendous amount of paranoia so I tend not to get out too much. But, if someone wishes to ask a direct question, I'll give them a truthful answer. But, I have no desire to debate with them either.

As Persephone put it by quoting Popeye, "I am what I am...". If they chose not to accept that, well, I'll be saddened but I'm not likely to change either.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

While I'm not 'out' in public, I have had online accounts on several dating sites for a long time where I openly admit to crossdressing, and I have had a lot of women write to ask me why. A lot of people really are curious, they don't understand; and most often, it's women who are partners of other men who crossdress. And of course, it's difficult because a lot of us don't understand either. When I write back, I tell them my story, and try my best to describe the other reasons I could think of as well, letting them know that it isn't a simple answer.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Maybe we should all eat more spinach, like Popeye, and then we'll be strong to the finish, and we'll know what's me yam.

Aspiring Member
    I've gone way beyond wondering about crossdressing. It's come down to "who's that in that mirror there?" (with apologies to Leonard Bernstein.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    A gay rights activist once advised me never to attempt to explain as people would just treat it as an apology and we have nothing to apologise for. I think he had a point.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    In my opinion there are far too many judgemental people in this day and age, that no matter how much you try and explain things to them, they will not grasp the concept of it because also, they are too pig ignorant as well... just my thought...
    Long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I CD because I like to, because it fulfils me in some way, and there's an end to it.
    You know - I like that. What else need be said?

People often feel they need some kind of intricate explanation because this is so "weird" and "unusual" and "not normal". Whatever. Being mono-gendered is unusual and not normal to me, but I don't ask them to explain it to me. I just kind of feel bad that they'll never know a truly full life. But I will!

Call me weird, unusual, and not normal all you like. Just don't forget the most important word - HAPPY!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by KarenS View Post
    I can understand your frustration Ruth, but I don't think many non-CDrs or non-TGs are too interested in understanding the "why" anyway. I think they would rather simply not have to try to wrap their head around what we do.
    You don't think so many of us obssess and torture ourselves over it because of what we think society requires?

If we all felt they didn't care, how many of us would need to?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I do it because it is who I am and what I enjoy, gave up trying to figure anything beyond that, it isn't going to stop me doing what I enjoy doing