Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud to called a Crossdresser!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Proud to called a Crossdresser!

I have seen any number of threads, or posts, where the writer states that they do not like to called a Crossdresser for whatever reason. Most feel they are transgendered, or transexual, etc.

One recent thread states that the writer doesn't like the term because she is wearing what she wants to wear, not crossdressing. It is certainly her right to feel that way, and to be called what she thinks is proper.

As for myself, I am a MAN who likes to wear feminine clothing sometimes just for pleasure, not sex or anything else! The only definition of a person like me is CROSSDRESSER!! Not Transvestite, transgendered, or transsexual! None of those terms truly fit me.

What I am wondering is, how many other "pure" crossdressers are there on this forum? That is, Crossdressers who dress simply because they like the fit, feel, and/or look of feminine clothing some of the time! Those who dress all the time would not fit into this category. They would be transgendered, because they prefer to look like a woman. I am a man, and proud of that! But I like to wear womens clothes occasionally! I certainly am not ashamed of that! I do not feel it makes me any less a man, just one with probably a little more sensitivity and feelings.

So come on ladies, 'fess up and tell us how you really feel about crossdressing!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Another proud one here. In the extremely vast gender spectrum, crossdresser is the most simplistic way of describing who and what I am. Therefore I willingly choose to label myself as a crossdresser. Nothing agaisnt the other threads posted on this topic, and I have the upmost respect for those who wish to go by another term.

I don't care for any labels, but things being what they are, then I'm a crossdresser, nothing more, and nothing less. And I'm completely okay with that!

Words are slippery things, but yes, crossdresser more or less says what I do. I'm a man who likes to wear women's clothes. I've got no plans to 'transition', and I don't want to live as a woman.
    I've said before, I don't really understand what it's about, in spite of reading a lot and being in therapy for 18 months.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I understand completely what you're saying Stephanie. I sort of go along with that except, that when I do get fully dressed up, it's important for me that I pass as a woman, at the very least, in my eyes. For me that's part of the transformation, the illusion if you will. I'm completely at ease with both my personalities and love to spend equal time as both. Not sure if that puts me into the category of cross-dresser or something else, but it doesn't matter as I'm happy no matter where I fall. That's just who I am.

You can call me a cross dresser any time you want. I love it but would not trade places. I get to enjoy the best of both worlds. There is nothing better than slippin on a bra panties to relax.

A big Thank You to you ladies who have responded. It is nice to know that I have some company in my thinking. And Miranda, if I looked half as good as you do when dressed I would probably feel the same way you do! (Wolf Whistle!!)
    Stephanie

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    A big Thank You to you ladies who have responded. It is nice to know that I have some company in my thinking. And Miranda, if I looked half as good as you do when dressed I would probably feel the same way you do! (Wolf Whistle!!)
    Awww Stephanie...you're making me blush!!!!
    Thanks.......

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    The label I use for myself is, "me."

I don't mean to sound flippant, but I think the world at large spends too much time on labels and not enough on what's important.....the quality of a person's character
    Love

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea's Lynne View Post
    The label I use for myself is, "me."

I don't mean to sound flippant, but I think the world at large spends too much time on labels and not enough on what's important.....the quality of a person's character
    Although I said I am proud to be called a Crossdresser, I toally agree with you, Lynne. I also am "Me," and darn proud to be!
    Stephanie

I also hate labels. We are just what we are. I don't know what I am. I am a man. I love being a woman. I feel very comfortable with both.

Here is the issue. When I'm a man I'm thinking about being dressed and acting like a woman. But when I'm dressed like a woman I never think about being dressed like a man. I get no pleasure from dressing like a man. I even dress very "metrosexual" as a guy.

I think it is because I don't get to dress as often as I'd like.

The other day someone said that I was more of a transvestite because I dressed for sexual pleasure. I do. But the said crossdressers dress for emotional pleasure. I do that too.

The one thing I do know is that I like being a man that dresses like a woman and would NEVER cut my "we-we" off. I love it...it's my best friend.

So, what am I? WHO CARES?

Kisses,

Allie

The definitions do tend to blur. Some places I see the term sexual pleasure and some I dont. So I guess I am a CD/TV/ transgender individual. Or as some of my girlfriends call us T-girls. I myself prefer hot babe but dont wish to exaggerate.

Crossdresser works for me. I'd rather be a drag queen, but I'm not nearly cute enough for that.

DeeDee

Aspiring Member
    I am glad to see others who prefer the term crossdresser, if there is any need to use a label. I am just me, a guy who likes to crossdress for pleasure and enjoyment. I don't feel like I am two personalities, and certainly don't feel like I suffer from any uncertainty over my gender. When I crossdress, I am still me, a guy who is wearing women's clothing, and attempting to create the physical illusion that I am a woman, even though inside I know I am not and do not wish to be. The reason why I do so is because I find it to be a lot of fun. When I observe real women, I am constantly reminded of the fact that they have so many options available to them, that are considered off limits to men. I think this is a ridiculous state of affairs, and crossdressing allows me to explore the sensations and experiences of this otherwise taboo part of life, without relinquishing the male life that I love and enjoy as well.

Veronica

I guess just being called a cross dresser using the definition given here counts me out.I love to dress in all sorts of womens things as I like how it makes me feel.But as I enjoy dressing for sex with both men and women I dont really know wht the "label" would be

If I have to say what I am I will take credit for being a member of the TG community. Other than that call me what you will. I have been called worse I am sure
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Call me what you want but Don,t call me too early in the morning.
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Stephanie,

There are some who have issues with titles, classifications or whatever and I see my share of it in higher education, but I love the term of crossdresser to discribe myself. If my circumstances change and it no longer fits, such as trans-sexual, then I will call myself such. But whether that happens or not I'm happy now.

Huggs Keli

over the years i have been called so many diferent names so what ever at the end of the day im still me and thats all i really care about ....Im a biker that loves to dress and go out as a girl some times and party it UP so if that makes me a cross-dresser so what i live today like its my last and no one will slow me down from being me Kisses Jerzie

I'm with you on this Sissy.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    As for myself, I am a MAN who likes to wear feminine clothing sometimes
    Why would you want to do that that?

just for pleasure, not sex or anything else!
    Well having Stephanie in your forum name suggests that you want people to relate to you as female because if you wanted us to relate to you as male you'd have chosen a male name wouldn't you? As for sissy, that's either a familiar version of sister, which would reinforce your wanting to be seen as female, or it's indicative of your preference to be submissive, perhaps because you see submissiveness as a female trait, again reinforcing your wanting to be seen as female. If there's nothing more to your cross-dressing then why try to create this female on-line persona. Why not be JoeTheGoatStrangler or MotorGuy?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I'm ok with being called a crossdresser. There is so much range in the transgender world, and to be honest, I'm not always quite sure where I fit in. So call me CD, TV, TG...just don't call me a guy in a dress, lol.

As I have posted many times each one of us is unique and may not fit into a 'one size fits all' title. I am satisfied with the term "crossdresser" it is as close to an accurate description of what I am as there is.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Honestly, I've been done with labels for a while. I feel like they marginalized otherwise very interesting people.

I can be called a crossdresser, transvestite, transgendered person, tgirl, or pretty chick with huge feet, it doesn't matter to me.

As long as I'm not labeled anything derogatory, I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Why would you want to do that that?

Well having Stephanie in your forum name suggests that you want people to relate to you as female because if you wanted us to relate to you as male you'd have chosen a male name wouldn't you? As for sissy, that's either a familiar version of sister, which would reinforce your wanting to be seen as female, or it's indicative of your preference to be submissive, perhaps because you see submissiveness as a female trait, again reinforcing your wanting to be seen as female. If there's nothing more to your cross-dressing then why try to create this female on-line persona. Why not be JoeTheGoatStrangler or MotorGuy?
    To answer your first question: just because I like to! Do you have a problem with that? Did you bother to read any of the other posts on this thread?

Most of us on this forum are male, but how many male names do you see? As for the name Sissy, that is what my dear departed wife called me in fun!! I do not take kindly to derogatory remarks about that name!! There are a lot of other reasons for that name besides the ones you mentioned.

My opening comments stated my position exactly as it is. I am a man who like to wear feminine clothing, therefore I am a Crossdresser! Nothing more, and nothing less. This Forum is CROSSDRESSERS.Com, and also happens to include TG's, TS's, Transvestites, and even GG's. I use a feminine name to fit in, not because I want to be a female! According to psychologists every man has a feminine side, in some it is more open. That does not mean that the man in question is necessarily gender disoriented, just that he is more in touch with his feelings.
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-01-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Changed and added information!
    Stephanie