Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was asked to get dressed up by three ladies and said...

Tracylee

Was asked to get dressed up by three ladies and said...

NO! Recently at a club I belong to I was asked to dress up as a woman for a charity next week....It kind of caught me off guard and I just said "No-way"...The one girl kept trying to persuade me by saying "you would look good, and its for a charity fund raiser"...

Anyways, I'm so closeted that I just couldn't...

The conversations by the three ladies was quite interseting as they kept talking about who they could get to dress up and several guys that came in also were also approached and each one said no until finally one older gentleman said yes...

Had my chance to be out but gave it up....OH WELL!!!!

charity

u lost the opportunity of a lifetime

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    I think you are missing a huge opportunity here. I would call them back up and say yes!! You can also tell them you have no idea of what you are doing and that they would have to help with the makeup and clothes. Free tips and makeover!!!! How great is that not to mention you are helping charity. I think they call that a win-win

Quote Originally Posted by BeckiB View Post
    I think you are missing a huge opportunity here. I would call them back up and say yes!! You can also tell them you have no idea of what you are doing and that they would have to help with the makeup and clothes. Free tips and makeover!!!! How great is that not to mention you are helping charity. I think they call that a win-win
    Yes get the girls involved in the makeover it would be fun fun

Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

That's a great opportunity, if you still have it. If any guy asks you can say "what the hell it's for a good cause".

You can call them and tell them you have thought it over and changed your mind

Who knows they might want to experiment on your before the event
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

This is exactly why it is so hard for crossdressers to come out of the closet. We have been brought up our whole lives being told what guys do or don't do. Girls just want to have fun. Guys just don't want to be embarrassed or laughed at. What's the matter with guys having fun too instead of worrying about what someone will say? Especially for a charity event when everyone will know you were asked, begged and pleaded with to do it!

It is really a shame that males crossdressers are the ones who (in my simple mind) often discriminate against ourselves the most and keep that closet door latched. You can tell yourself that you'll say yes next time, but you probably won't be asked next time.

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee View Post
    NO! Recently at a club I belong to I was asked to dress up as a woman for a charity next week....It kind of caught me off guard and I just said "No-way"...The one girl kept trying to persuade me by saying "you would look good, and its for a charity fund raiser"...

The conversations by the three ladies was quite interseting as they kept talking about who they could get to dress up and several guys that came in also were also approached and each one said no until finally one older gentleman said yes...

oh... stop my beating heart! What an opportunity! I guess I can understand your apprehension, you can only go as far as your fears let you. I don't go out dressed at all, unless I have a good reason for it; I think this would qualify, though . Why doesn't this ever happen to girls like me?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    I would've done it......easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I would've done this. I would've played it down and used the whole "what the heck, it's for charity" thing and did this to the nines. Call them back and tell them you reconsidered.

psst....what organization requires this so I can join in my area.

Don't you have one charitable bone in your body? Change your mind! It will be so fun. Tell them you were pressured but can't say who. And tell them you now have a special personal relation to the charity. You can't miss this opportunity.

Banned Read only

I'm sure 99% here will disagree with me but I think you made the right decision. In this type of situation, there's the possibility that you dress up "too good" and people will never stop hounding you. If you weren't ready for that, you made the right call. These type of things are the equivalent of drsssing up like a clown, all about men mocking women and IMHO, that's not necessary, but whatever, if they say "it's for charity".
    Last edited by Jenny Brown; 06-21-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Traceylee please change youre mind.Tell them youve give it some thought and decided it might be a bit of fun. Go on.

B.B.C.D. & D.Q.I.T. Chloe' Buffington's Avatar

Hard choice

I know how you feel, but I also know you will be ready when your ready. When the time (your time) is right you'll know it. You must be willing to take that step outside your compfort zone and you alone can make that decision. I would have done it instantly but I am not you and you are not me, you made the right choice for you and thats all I got to say about that.
    Life is too short to not be who you are.

Tracylee please change youre mind.Tell them youve give it some thought and decided it might be a bit of fun. Go on.

Gold Member
    I would do it as long as I didn't have to wear a skirt or look business like
    Dressing up is a pain
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Aspiring Member
    I disagree with Jenny, if you let the three girls dress you up how would you look to good as if you done it yourself and came out looking too good.
    I would have said no in the beginning but would have come around to it if they were persistent enough for me to do it.

If it had been me they asked, I would have jumped at the chance and then turned it back on the three ladies by asking them to help me dress and coach me on being a perfect lady.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

If the girls are wanting you to dress up, then what are you afraid of?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Gold Member
    Traylee...you should have said yes, as everyone has mentioned. You might still be able to do it...couldn't hurt to ask. I'm pretty closeted myself, but I think I would have said yes if I had been approached in that manner.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar

Please don't throw me in the briar patch. I would have pretended to consider it for that long (Joni watches a photon cross the room) and then said, "Well, since it is for charity." and squealed with delight and clapped my iddy hands.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Have more than one guy dress up

Just do it!

I think it's such a great opportunity to feel free to be yourself. Please don't pass it up. I'm someone that is working up the courage to go out by myself during the day shopping, now that I don't have a supportive SO/GF.

I did it and loved it

I was asked to do the same thing and jumped on it. I LOVED it and it moved my dressing to a new level. Do it.

Tracylee

Thanks to all that posted about the charity dress up...

A little more on this...

There are teams of people and each team needs one male to dress up for a "beauty contest"...there is a parade through town and then the judging at the sports field...

Most of the guys do look like clowns and only a few look passable (or somewhat)...last year the ones that looked good did get some comments about liking it too much...or " do you do this at home too"!!

Anyways, I'm very well known and a public figure in the area...

This just seemed to be more harm than fun for me...I'll chose the safety of my home for dress up times...

My opinion only...I know it would be a dream come true but once its done there's no turning back with all the pictures they take...