Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Take, Take, Take and hardly any give

Untitled

Angry All Take, Take, Take and hardly any give

This thread showed how my SO publicly showed her support for the TG community, which is quite often asked for on this forum, by having the CD.com Logo tattooed on her ankle, which will be in full view most of the time.

As at the start of this thread some 898 members, and it is members cos its in the photo gallery, have viewed this thread only 20 have posted, and most of them are from the GGs.

Whilst Sandra said she was not looking for compliments, well done's etc, the statistics only go to show how self centered a lot of CDer's are.

[SIZE="4"]Little wonder the GGs on this forum are at the attitude of some[/SIZE].
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Whilst Sandra said she was not looking for compliments, well done's etc, the statistics only go to show how self centered a lot of CDer's are.

[SIZE="4"]Little wonder the GGs on this forum are at the attitude of some[/SIZE].

Fortunately some of us have wonderfull SO CDERS, like you, Shelly, TxKimberly, AZ,Lady Zarabeth, Majestic and so on, then there are those who are supportive of GG while not being fortunate enough to have a supporting SO, in particula Jenni Y, Arianna, Intertwined and several others, so thanks to them ...... oops nearly forgot Debs
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Seems to be a few cd's on there... and 3 Ts's (Yay!... lol). TBH You get used to 3000 views and 40ish comments what matters ultimately is how you feel about it. Have to say I winced when I saw the pictures... Can't stand pain me... *shudder*

But you two have always had something special going on...

Lisa x
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Sorry, Nigella, I guess I missed it when it was first posted, but it is very cool to do something so much more than is usual to show support. Good for you both.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Nigella,

[SIZE=3]I am one of that 898 views. I looked at it...tattoos are just not my thing. I have seen some on girls that I really liked but, most of the time have little interest in them.

I just try being one of those barn mice that you sometimes hear but rarely see. I do occasionally squeak in the picture galleries but usually only when really impressed or opinions are asked for.

Sincerely,

Brina[/SIZE]

if someone takes the time to get dressed up or make an effort in any way then takes the time to post there pictures in a thread for all to see then why not take the time to thank them for the hard work they put in. after all your in there any way this is a support site ....right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I'm with Brina. Tats aren't really my thing, so I didn't comment. My bad, I guess?

I usually do comment on people's pictures - pretty or not. Everyone can do with a kind word and some hopefully helpful criticism. I do agree that the more passable ones on this site (darn their hides! ) seem to get more comments. Gee, could it be that our TG reality is like the "normal" GG reality? Do pretty women get more comments than plain? Do pretty men get more comments than plain? Shocked! Shocked, I am.

Kathi

Ah... I don't often look at the picture threads and tend to look when I do at the people I know...

As for my own 1000's of views handful of comments... Kind of doesn't matter as I know the thoughts of those closest to my heart... awwwwwww
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Didn't see it

But, I will check it out now. I have a back tat. I'd like to get more, I got a bit discouraged when a friend said that she got a cherry tatooed on her bum years ago, and now it looks like a chilli pepper...LOL

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Aspiring Member
    Hi Nigella, I was one who did not take the time to express my apreciation for what you both did when I read the thread. Sorry, and thank you for ALL your important contributions to our community and friends.

I guessed you might be aware of how I would feel via other maneuvers, and I'm a bit squeemish about pinchy-pinchys.

I guess I don't get it. Someone posts some pics and then someone complains that no CD's comment on it. Is that a new rule here that we should comment on every thread that we open, read or look at? I looked and decided not to comment. So what? I do not have a bad atrtitude towards GG's, SO's, MtF, FtM, Admirers or anyone else. So why do you base your mistaken opinion on this lack of response and accuse others of having a bad attitude? Now us non-posters are debased as inconsiderate because some of you feel that we should follow your rules. I have posted a lot here since I joined, at the beginning when I was just starting out I posted in many threads. Now I am more selective with my time and efforts. Just because I do not post in some, does not mean I have negative comments or reactions to them. I just decided not to post. I do not consider it rude or inappropriate if I or others do not post in that thread. This is a forum and hopefully, we should not be shamed into doing something just because some of you think we should.

I looked, thought it was an unusual but neat thing to do, but didn't feel it necessary to say anything.

I think it is a bit off to suggest my "non-comment" = rudeness or negativity.

I view nearly all pictures and threads, but comment rarely. Perhaps a ratio of 1 comment for every 50+ views - might even be less comments than that, I haven't really counted.

So, good luck and best wishes, but my act of not commenting was not intended as a slight, unappreciative or negative. Just following the etiquette of many sites like this where we can choose to comment - or not.

Sorry you feel let down.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I'm with Mirani. It's a cool tattoo, as far as tats go, but I'm not particularly into tattoos. I appreciate that she did it, but did not feel particularly inclined to comment on it one way or the other. I meant no offense either way.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I think that Sandra did a very nice and supportive thing by getting her tattoo. I visited the site to see it, and I thought that it was very colorful as was Nigella's.
    Now that's one of my few visits to the photo gallery. I don't avoid it; I just haven't gone to it (I can't remember having been there before, but I may have).
    Anyway, I think that it's a bit of an over-generalization to say that because only about 2% of those who visited made comments, that means that it's all "take, take, and more take." I grant that Nigella made this comment about "some CD's," but the title of the message suggested a broader target for the criticism.
    Sandra wrote when she posted that she wasn't looking for compliments; then when she didn't get them Nigella criticized the visitors for not complimenting her.
    I think that most of us human beings are pretty selfish, myself included, but I don't think that the response or lack of response to the tatoo-for-support necessarily shows that selfishness.
    warmly, Linnea

[url="http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109883"] Whilst Sandra said she was not looking for compliments, well done's etc, the statistics only go to show how self centered a lot of CDer's are.

Ever been to Hollywood? I'd say that is probably the center of the "self-centered people" universe... and I think it is safe to say that it is NOT because of any crossdressers who reside there.

People of all types are self-centered. I've dated very self-centered women before - EVERYTHING in their life revolved around them, their wants, desires, needs, etc. They were just regular women, btw, not crossdressers.

I'd really like to see a statistical analysis of the self-centered ratio of pro-athletes, actors, artists, singers, models, and high-profile politicians. I bet crossdressers (on the whole) do not even come close to most of those groups mentioned... or at the least, do not rank the highest.

I'm sorry, but I do get tired of all the negatives about crossdressers being brought up as if they're tied to person being a crossdresser and NOT THE PERSON, PERIOD.

Self-centered people are a dime a dozen. Some of them happen to be crossdressers.

Whatever. Feel like I'm probably wasting my time on this one.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post

I'm sorry, but I do get tired of all the negatives about crossdressers being brought up as if they're tied to person being a crossdresser and NOT THE PERSON, PERIOD.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

This thread showed how my SO publicly showed her support for the TG community
    I didn't see it, but, even if I had, may not have commented on it, I wouldn't have wanted to put a negative spin on the thread.

You see, I want a tattoo very badly but my wife is dead set against me getting one, my wife has 3 tattoos of her own, and my daughter has 4, and is starting on a full sleeve tattoo.

See the graphic in my signature, I designed and animated that image, it is made from the tattoo I designed for myself.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Must have missed that one Hon. I don't go over there too often myself. I'll check it out.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I'm with Mirani. It's a cool tattoo, as far as tats go, but I'm not particularly into tattoos. I appreciate that she did it, but did not feel particularly inclined to comment on it one way or the other. I meant no offense either way.
    I agree with Marla on this.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Theme song: Bring Me To Life by Evanescence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU

I'm with a lot of the comments do far. I saw it and appreciated it but I understood the no reply needed comment. But the real issue is I don't like tattoos. Sorry.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    I'm with a lot of the comments do far. I saw it and appreciated it but I understood the no reply needed comment. But the real issue is I don't like tattoos. Sorry.
    This is almost exactly what my comments would have been.
    Dana Ryan

Mostly Harmless...
    I'm not looking through the pictures that often, but when I do I look at the pictures and I only comment when the comment I'll give is also truthful. When I comment an a picture, I comment with my heart with my true feelings. If a picture doesn't really bring any feelings to me, I don't think I have the right to comment.

I believe it's better to have less comments, but all those truthful, instead of having hundreds of comments that you don't know which ones are meant honestly and which ones are just "polite".

As for the tattoo, I saw and respect her way of showing the support. But I don't really see a need to comment on it, as all I could really say is: Thank you.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Kathryn Janos
    But I actually like that quite a bit, it's an awesome idea to have that tattooed. Right now my goals for tattoos are well defined.

I want to have a phoenix spreading its wings across my back, and a symbol called the keywork of a band, Coheed and Cambria. The keywork will most likely be at the base of my neck below my shirt collar line to keep it work appropriate.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 06-22-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: howaboutnotcommentingonpunctuation!!!!
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Nigella,

It's a mystery how that many could view that thread and not give more pats on the back, whether they like tats or not, as that was a gutsy, positive thing that Sandra did, in my opinion. You're blessed to have her.

However, from what I can see, most of the comments were from TG girls, so that's a good thing.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Well to tell the truth...like others I am not into tattoos, scared to death that my daughter might get one. But hey if you are going to go with one its a cool gesture putting the CD.com logo on one of the tats.

I just did not comment since thats not my deal...no disrespect intended. I glanced at the pics for a second and moved on. I do comment a good bit on others pics and since I rarely post myself I am not just looking to get others to post on my threads.

I just give compliments to those that I dig some look, outfit, makeup job, cool pics out and about...well you get it I just give out props to those that I personally enjoyed something about their pics. Never any false praise.