Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All Take, Take, Take and hardly any give

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    I wonder if Shiela and Nigella are kind of regretting the tattoos?

LOL It's not Sheila that had it done it was me and nope I don't regret having it done at all.

But it still seems that some on here still don't get the point of this thread.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    LOL It's not Sheila that had it done it was me
    Well Sheila did have one too....With my name on it

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Don't pull that whinging crap, when you're one of the enforcers of the status quo who actively hammers down TG folk who DO say things against the grain. I've posted mad posts, and had them deleted with at least some justification. So now some can post mad posts, bascially as long as they're whinging about how a certain SO isn't being sucked up to?
    Grrrrr.... stop ripping my posts apart, it's really pissing me off... I don't hammer people down who go against the grain at all, or half this board wouldn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    And I'm not intimidated by you, though I do find your crabby nature appealing at times.
    Good, I hope you're not intimidated. However, I am very crabby today, so anyone thinking of getting on my crabby side, had better think twice about doing it
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    so anyone thinking of getting on my crabby side, had better think twice about doing it
    Hmm crabs ... yummy (as long they're not pubic )

PS are you living with Badgers in Sherwood Forest? You might know my cousin Brock
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I have looked in that particular topic of threads one time and that was because of the link posted on THIS thread. Did I comment? Nope, sure didn't. Will I comment? Nope, and not because I don't like the tats or because I do like them. I have enough ink of my own and am wanting a whole lot more. The thing is, if I had to post a comment in each and every thread I read my post count would look more like the balance of all accounts in a Cayman Islands Offshore bank.

I don't comment in all posts I read for two reasons; 1) What I would say would get me in trouble with the admins because I would be one who did not post all rainbows and lollipops, and quite honestly when I do post that sort of stuff I am spot on but I prefer to NOT stir that pot. 2) After reading the OP I do not feel I have anything to add to the conversation and I am not one for one-line posts (very often).

That being said, I think that posting something like the OP on here was in very poor taste because not everyone reads every topic or every thread. There are some whose posts I do not read because I know that as far as I am concerned they have nothing they can teach me and I know that IMHO their ignorance will again be spewing from their posts.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I didn't read many of the replies.

Nigella, I searched the forum for all of my 2009 calendar year threads and went through all of them. The Sandra you are disappointed I did not respond to, has not responded to even one of those 2009 year threads. You have not responded to any of my 2009 calendar year threads.

I don't mean to imply that I do "tit-for-tat" replying, and I don't mean to imply that either you or Sandra are deliberately ignoring me: it probably just means that we "run in different circles", that the concerns I concentrate on don't happen to overlap especially much to the concerns of Sandra or yourself.

Am I self-centered, is that why I didn't comment on the tattoos? Perhaps I am. But Nigella, did you even read my Tuesday thread about how my marriage is probably over? Have you read any of my threads in which I mentioned that we have an elderly Alzheimer's relative living with us, and that my wife and I are having a very hard time coping? It gets kind of difficult to generate the enthusiasm to salute a flag when you spend your days worrying if your marriage is going to survive the stress of a half-blind stubborn loved-one who insists on wandering off by themselves right across the highway that is 4 houses away.

Also, Nigella, you might not have noticed because of where your focus us, but there's been a whole lot of burn-out various on-line communities the last month-ish. I've seen, on various social networks, messages from very different people who are withdrawing or going on hiatus or find that at this point in life, they need to "find themselves". I don't know why this is so; some of it is Relationship problems (and I've seen a lot of that being mentioned on various social networks lately); some of it is "I don't know what to do with my life", some of it is just general depression, and so on.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Whilst Sandra said she was not looking for compliments, well done's etc, the statistics only go to show how self centered a lot of CDer's are.
    Actually the statistics don't bear that out - I've just done a dip sample of some of the photo threads

sandra's thread hit ratio (comments to views) - currently 2.4% (2.2 at the time of the OP)
    Monika's 2.2% (mind you I'm convinced she's a GG anyway )
    Jennifer Devines 1.16
    Sherlyn 3.54
    Gretchen_love 1.23
    Jenee Davis 2.93
    serina lopez 2.07

So the actual hit rate compares quite favourably with other picture threads.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah_UK View Post
    Actually the statistics don't bear that out - I've just done a dip sample of some of the photo threads

sandra's thread hit ratio (comments to views) - currently 2.4% (2.2 at the time of the OP)
    Monika's 2.2% (mind you I'm convinced she's a GG anyway )
    Jennifer Devines 1.16
    Sherlyn 3.54
    Gretchen_love 1.23
    Jenee Davis 2.93
    serina lopez 2.07

So the actual hit rate compares quite favourably with other picture threads.
    Ah, I suspected as much.

So the interesting thing then is the perception was formed that this was selfishness when it was not. Or it's a condemnation of most pic thread responses in general.