Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cure?

Cure?

If a "cure" was discovered for the "compulsion" of crossdressing, how many would be interested in such a "cure"?

Joy

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Pass.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I would take the "cure" in a heartbeat.

Even though dressing is soooo pleasurable, I dislike the secrecy and furtiveness associated with it.

Mitzi

I'd have to think over such a thing long and hard, but the notion is tempting. I agree with Mitzi; I don't like living a double life.

However, if there was an alternative cure which corrects societies compulsion towards getting weirded out when you dress "wrong", I'd take that in a heart beat.

Silver Member
    Do you know I don't think I would it has taken me a lot of years to come to terms with me, but now that I have it is a pleasurable experience and since my wife found out, even though she doesn't speak of it, it has eased the lie a great deal - so no, count me out on the cure!!

I already have the cure for the compulsion to dress , it`s called pure enjoyment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

The notion of a 'cure' implies that you think it's something wrong, or bad?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

One of my favorite expressions is:"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've come to realize over the years there is nothing wrong with what we do in itself. Part of the experience and adventure, however, is how we utilize what we have like any resource. That is what makes the real difference.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Depends on your definition of cure. I see this in one of three ways:

1. Destroys urge to dress- Nah, I'm good. And if I lose this nifty part of my personality, what's gonna take it's place?

2. Destroys the anxiety of being a crossdresser- Well, yeah, duh. But only if it doesn't interact with alcohol. Cause that already kills anxiety.

3. Rewrites the genetic code, and rebuilds the body as the opposite gender- I'd sure as hell think about it.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

I have a cure for cross dressing, its called SRS. When im done with my transition from MtoF I will no longer be a cross dresser I will be dressing my self for the very first time

Quote Originally Posted by BreenaDion View Post
    I have a cure for cross dressing, its called SRS. When im done with my transition from MtoF I will no longer be a cross dresser I will be dressing my self for the very first time
    This doesn't make any sense, Transsexuals don't crossdress, you don't jump from crossdresser to TS because you had SRS... That's saying, all the MTF transsexuals on the board are really just crossdressers...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I have been doing this for a long time.no i dot think i would take the cure.
    I'm just getting the hang of make up and would like nothing better them to dress more often. I cant Waite to go out with like minded people. Cindy in NC.

Gold Member
    Why do I need a cure. I'm not sick!!!

To my mind the cure would consist of society in general losing its negative attitude to CDing. You cure the part that's sick, not the part that's well.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

After taking the big step to dressing 24/7 and then taking the bigger step and getting implants and finally "coming out"to all my family and friends,I don't see any reason for a "cure".All the people in my neighborhood,tradesmen and such,have accepted the guy with the ample bosom in the bikini cutting the grass so it's all good.Cures are for sick people and I/we aint sick.

Banned Read only

Cure OMG

Never I am having to much fun

The money would be better spent "curing" other things that actually harm society. Let's cure hate first.

No wouldn't be prudent, wouldn't do it nosirreee nu uh.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    UGH! There ain't nothing to cure here. To even think of 'curing' me of crossdressing is akin to curing a lion of being a lion or a tree of being a tree.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

conditions?

Can I give my dress sense, make-up preferences, and shoe fetish to a woman or women that I know?
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Cure? From my stand point the cure would be to through out the male clothes and free up a third of the closet for the prettier thing out there.

Keli

I'm really afraid what cross dressing would be replaced with.. if it were building something like models or trying to invent something then that would be good.. destructive things would be not so good.. would I take the drug?? it would depend I think.. would it be a one dose and it's gone FOREVER?? or would I have to take it every three months or so.. I think it would be interesting to see what it would be like to not be obsessed with going into the womens side of any store.. but I... I think I would miss the feeling of the shoes.. the pantyhose.. the rush!! of!!! cross dressing!!
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

No, I sort of like things the way they are now. Why mess with a good thing and something that is one of my few pleasures in life?
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

LOL sorry Joy but no sale here on that "cure" pill! It has literally taken me decades to accept that my crossdressing is OK, there is nothing wrong with me, and to accept the wonderful feminine side of myself that I experience through crossdressing. I think I am a better, more well integrated and whole person as a result of it, not to mention it is something that I really really enjoy!

That said, if there were pills to cure society of it's negative bias towards trangendered people, I would volunteer to go pass it out to everyone!

>>>hugs<<<

Banned Read only
    A cure........what is it that I got.

LA CINDY LOVE

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    The notion of a 'cure' implies that you think it's something wrong, or bad?
    Exactly! "Cure" "Compulsion" ... I am what I am and when I came to realize that and embrace this wonderful gift of gender fluidity the better a person I became. This sounds like you are still "hurting" or in denial or something or other. I'm not sick (and neither are you) so I/we don't need a cure.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!