Thread: Picked up my wedding dress today...

Picked up my wedding dress today...

and I have to admit that it was not as fun as I was hoping it was going to be.

I had ordered the dress back in march from Henri's Cloud Nine Bridal shop - I've shopped there quite a bit before, but always for prom dresses so it's always been with the prom manager.

I got a call last week notifying me that my wedding dress had finally come in! Wow was I excited! =)

I finally made the trip out there today to pick it up and whatnot. While I was there there was another bride that had just finished up, so i'm thinking "great, I'll have the whole place to myself while we try it on, check out shoes, gloves etc..."

Well, while I was waiting on the Bridal manager to finish ringing up the girl that was there when I had arrived (which is upstairs I should note) another girl walked in to check out some wedding dresses as well.

So to establish the layout : the upstairs is divided in to two parts as is the first floor. I was sitting in a chair right by the stairs (upstairs) when the girl had come in from outside and asked to look around and try on some wedding dresses.

The bridal manager (who was downstairs with her) told her, "that's fine, just head on up and head over to the opposite side when you walk up" (the other side of the upstairs - on the other side from where I was).

Well, as she was telling her this, her voice went from full speaking volume down to a whisper once she told the girl to go over to the other side and look.

Maybe i'm looking in to it too much...it's not that I was offended or upset. I'm comfortable with who I am and what I do. It just upset me that she was bringing attention to it that made me feel like there was something wrong with me...and I'm sure that isn't what she was intending to do. On our first meeting when I went in and ordered the dress she told me that I was the first crossdresser that she had ever helped so maybe she just wasn't sure how to handle the situation...and maybe she was just looking out for my comfort level and didn't want me to feel awkward while other girls were there.

I dunno! It just made me kind of uneasy.

I'm so used to the prom manager kristy (who has helped quite a few other crossdressers before and she treats me just like a girl - which makes me feel so relaxed)...so I guess it was just a different experience than what I was used to.

The dress is so cute tho and I'll be posting pictures later in the "picture / video" gallery...so look forward to them!

Sorry for the long post, I just felt like I needed to get that out.

Thanks ladies! ^_^

Your experience is very unfortunate and almost as though as you were treated as some sort of sort of "exhibit". You paid good money for your gown & should be treated just as any other customer. I'd consider letting them know of your unhappiness with your visit. Perhaps let Kristy know since you have an established relationship with her.

I'm sure you look beautiful in it & hope to see some pics!

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Sorry about the misadventure at the bridal store, but I'm sure you'll feel better after getting to wear the gown and take piccies. And I can't wait to see them.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Theme song: Bring Me To Life by Evanescence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU

I'm probably gonna regret asking, but how much did that indulgence cost you? I feel guilty when I blow $20 on a skirt on ebay; I can't even imagine how much a full wedding dress would cost. As much as I would like one, I like having groceries and electricity and a roof over my head even more.

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar

I'm guessing that you had already paid for it ? if not I think I'd have told em where to stuff the bloody dress with an attitude such as that ...maybe that's just me though

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I'm probably gonna regret asking, but how much did that indulgence cost you? I feel guilty when I blow $20 on a skirt on ebay;.
    I know what you mean

I guess it's all relevant Ralph, just think of it as a hobby and what people spend on other hobbies, some people spend thousands on fishing gear for example.

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]