Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did your mother want a girl?

yes ! and she finaly has one.........=)

My mother did want a daughter---it took he 6 children to get there. Interestingly, she always asked if she could dress me as a girl for Halloween and I only accepted once.

My mom's first was a boy. I was the 2nd born. She told me more times than I can remember what my name would have been had I been born a girl. I very much got the impression that she would have preferred a girl rather than me. Maybe she got her wish anyway.

My father actualy wanted a girl but then I popped out and he has held that againsted me since then.
    2 boys and my mom called it quits.

How about this:
    "hey dad you know you always wanted a daughter right.
    "YES"
    "WEll TA DA"
    Na' don't want to give the old timer a heart attack.

I was the first born and my Mom had been hoping for a girl. She was very disappointed. She did dress in girls clothes until about 5 yrs old. I always had long hair, which my Mom curled. I loved the hair and was crushed when it was cut. My brother was born ( at my age five). he was handicapped. My parents felt that their crossdressing of me might be a curse. Suddenly I was forced to start wearing boys clothes, and have my hair cut. I had a number of girl friends in the neighborhood. I do think that they sort of knew I was different (maybe not a girl). They did accept me and we had alot of fun with jacks, dolls etc. One girl that lived near by me ran away with me (yes at nearly age 6). She lent me her clothes and we escaped for nearly eight hours. Most of the time we were gone from home, the police were looking for a boy and a girl, but not two girls. But we got kind of scared around two in the morning and moved from our evening hiding place. When the police spotted two girls on the street we got picked up quickly. Wow was I ever in trouble and so was Katey.. From that time I wanted to be a girl. I really thought that my Mom would love me more. Especially as I really did not understand why my brother got so much attention. I am sure that I felt that I could get to center stage in my Mom's eyes if I became a girl. I did pray for it. I was kind of unhappy as a boy growing up because I did not always feel right doing boy things.

Too long a story but that's the start. Now I accept my maleness reluctantly, but still love being a girl at least part time.

Hugs Edy

Well, she never said anything like that to me, but I do know that my being born male really screwed up my mom and sister's life royally. Yes, my mom dressed me in my older sister's hand-me-down clothing, I remember wearing a dress type thing when I was very, very young. She stopped with the dresses by the time I was four, but still had me wearing female underwear until I was in kindergarten. That fact wasn't lost on me, I had a few pairs of boy underwear and knew the difference. But I also knew that the girl clothes fit, which was confusing at the time. Even at that age, I wondered if I was supposed to be a boy or a girl mostly because of that, but that was the extent of it. I didn't have any real gender dysphoria until later on, when I was told outright that god had made a mistake and that I was supposed to be a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes.

My mom always said she wanted a girl and wanted her name to be Jennifer.

though she never admitted it,
    she did and kept her dolls for such an eventuality. and i played with them! and grew inside, slowly, to the certainty of who i perceive myself to be. all quite serenditiously, of course, the girl of her dreams!
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

My mother did want a girl. she also made clothes for my cousin who was about the same size as me so I was the model.
    Shay Lynn

There is four boys and one girl in my family and I am the eldest of the five. My sister is ten months younger. Because of my name I had asked if they were hoping for a girl and the answer was no. Well they got two in the long run, one gg and one CD. Woohooo.

Keli

Because I was addopted, you would assume my parents got exactly what they wanted, but, my addoption was arranged before my birth, so, they did not know what they were going to get.

As far as I know, NO, they did not want a girl.

I just wish I knew IF my mother knew about my CD.

It could have been why one of my stepfathers sent me to military school.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Nope. I have 2 older sisters, and my parents were hoping for a boy. Had I been a girl they'd have kept trying.

I do remember snippets of conversation my mother had with her friends from time to time. One would comment that I was too pretty to be a boy, and she responded "yes, he should have been born a girl." I pretended outrage, but secretly smiled on the inside. Yes, I was in the closet from my earliest years.

mother wanted a girl

My mother said that she always wanted a girl, that is why she told me that if i would have been a girl my name was going to Juanita Rose
    I love being a girl

Yes...very much so. Had I been born a girl she was going to name me Renee.

My mother made no secret about the fact that she wanted a girl--as a matter of fact when I was born (I'm the youngest of three boys), they were so convinced that I was going to be a girl that for the next few years I often heard the phrase: "you should have been a girl"--not from my mom, but from my brothers, uncles, aunts etc. I think she was that disappointed that they were in a way 'defending her,' even if after the fact

That, however in no way means that she'd be happy AT ALL with the idea of me crossdressing. Just another disappointment to her, so I'd NEVER come out to my family. Luckily, I don't have to....

I guess..........

For a lot of our parents, the old saying."careful what you wish for" rings true.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I am 16 months younger than my brother. My Mother said I ws suposed to be a girl. She came close.

Stephanie Michelle

My mother never dressed me as a girl, But I know that being the second child to my older brother, my parants we're wanting a girl. I guess in the long run, they got it, sort of.

I'm an only child but yes she did, she even has the pics of her dressing me up as a girl when I was little to prove it.

Of course, she could have had a genetic daughter if she had not aborted her...sighs, I always wanted a sister growing up and hey I find out that I almost did...

No I am not bitter..

I subconsciously wondered if my mum wanted a girl(two boys)and so I think it kind of started my wanting to dress as a girl.If this is the reason then it has been very powerful as I still want to dress,not as a girl,but as a woman!

Pattie

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    My mother wanted a girl; she had a name, clothes, blankets, etc ready that all got packed away when I arrived as male. She didn't encourage my gradual transition to female.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My mother had a girl! Then when she and my dad got the process down correctly, they had me!! But my Mom dies when I was only 7.

My grandmother did dress me in dresses sometimes to play in because there more dresses then there were boys clothes, thanks to my sister and two cousins. Of course, I hated it when she did!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    Don't know as I never really asked her. Likely doesn't matter since after having me she had 3 girls!

My mother wanted her second child(me) to be a girl,but never encouraged my crossdressing.
    Two Spirits

No, my mother never brought anything like that up. I have told my Mom, though, and she is super supportive