Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did your mother want a girl?

My mom was an only child who never had any male children around while growing up, and always said she knew absolutely nothing about raising boys. It literally never occurred to her, until I popped out, that she would ever have a baby boy. She already had drawers full of girls' baby clothes waiting for me (which she didn't use; I was never fully dressed as a girl growing up), and had picked the name "Melissa" for me.

She dealt with it, in general, but couldn't resist playing with makeup on me from time to time.

- Diane

My mother always said she DID'NT want a girl (I have one older brother), but you know what Shakespeare said, "Me thinks thou doest protest too much."

I do remember her painting my fingernails with polish and always said my bother and I had very pretty (that was the word she used) hair.

dont remmber my mum doing that, i do remmber doing it myself at an early age. i just started to do it myself. but i do know what my name would have been if i was a girl and that is jenny but i like claire better so it was a good job that i was not a girl. not that i have a problem if you are a jenny, lol

Banned Read only

Wink quite the opposite(long post)

i was never supposed to be a girl mom had 2 already, dad wanted a son but what i actually heard alot during my childhood was not you should have been a girl but "why cant you be more like your sisters" well when i was 8 she got her wish.

i suffer with learning difficulties which were not discovered till i was 14 and never did well in school,my 2 sisters were both brainiac's top of their every class, never played up, and had beautiful handwriting. me on the other hand strugled with my work got easily distracted and disruptive and my handwriting still looks like a "spasticated spider "(my year 3 teachers words)did it.

it was the start of the summer holidays and i came home on the last day with my school report,it said the usual(easily distracted and disruptive and my handwriting still looks like a "spasticated spider did it" my teacher actually wrote it in the report.)but this year was different added to the report was a note from the headmaster saying i would not be going up a class next year but remaining in year3.

my dad and mom went nuts yelling about me not trying hard enough that im lazy and the final words were again for about the 100th time" why cant you be like your sisters" this always upset me and I stormed off to my room slamming the door hard as I could. the usual thing in this situation was leave me for half hour and then come check on me, but when the knock on my door came I was in for a surprise.

“Go away” I shouted but then a voice called back “please open the door benji” It was my sister Emily who spoke, not my mother or father she always calls me benji. I said come in and she did followed by my other sister jenny and Samantha the girl from 3 doors down. Jenny spoke to me and asked me if I was ok I said im fine and then was stunned by what my sister had planned.

She said that cause mom always say I should be more like my sisters that they were gonna dress me as one of the girls to prove the point to them that im no better off. I protested at first being an 8 year old boy not wanting to be dressed as a sissy but afterwards then saw the funny side and agreed.

I didn’t realise but my parents had gone for a drive so my oldest sister jenny was looking after us she was 16 then. my sisters led me into their room and sitting on the bed was a pink Barbie schoolbag I recognised as sam’s. they said open it and I did as I was told. Inside was some of sam’s clothes that I was told were for me to wear as if my sisters dressed me in their stuff my mom would notice instantly.

I pulled out the clothes she had packed and my sisters held up 4 dresses in turn measuring them against me before deciding on a short pink cotton dress not unlike the gingham school dresses Emily and sam wore but
    A solid colour. I was handed a pair of pink cotton panties with little red hearts on them and frills on the legs and was told to strip and put them on I tried to refuse cause I found it very embarrassing as there were 3 girls in the room but they were nice and turned their backs to me.

After I pulled the panties on my sisters and sam turned back to me and then handed me a pair of white ankle socks with a lace top and told me to put them on, I obliged and then when I stood up again they made me lift my arms up and pulled the dress over my head and then buttoned it up. they led me over to the mirror on the wardrobe and I looked at the reflection and saw not 3 girls and a boy but four girls looking back.

The girl told me to sit and they then said they were gonna sort my hair and make up as mom would be able to tell from my hair. my hair untill I was 12 was very long beond my shoulders but now dark brown not blonde as my hair had darkened when I was 6.my sisters put my hair into long bouncy angel curls, the effect was amazing, they then put black mascara and eyeliner and blue eye shadow on me before applying Barbie pink lipstick and painting my nails the same shade.

Beck in front of the mirror I went and now I couldn’t even tell who I was .I was given a pair of simple pumps like the ones wore for p.e at school and then taken downstairs to watch cartoons with the other girls.

My parents came home and called for the girls so all four of us went into the hallway, mom greated my sisters with a hug as usual said hello to sam then her next words were ”whos this” pointing straight at me. The girls giggled and said I was sams cousin Katie. mom said nice to meet you and then asked ”wheres your brother” more giggling from the girls and jenny answered “still in his room I think, well go fetch him”
    So off upstairs we went to my empty room then appeared downstairs a few minutes to find mom and dad now in the kitchen. we went in and mom after noticing only us 4 girls were her asked where I was again. Emily nudged me in the back which was our signal and the three girl fell about laughing as I just cocked my head to the side smiled and said “hi mom, dad so am I more like my sisters now.

My parents were stunned dad, actually dropped the mug he was holding then after about 30 seconds they just laughed. my mom hugged me and told me she wants me to be me and thanked the girls for turning me into a perfect lil princess. dad had disappeared and came back with his camera and after being persuaded by the girls and my mom we posed for a picture. I spent the rest to the day dressed as Katie playing with the girls and come bedtime iwas given my sisters old my lil pony nightie to wear.

Unfortunately I was never dressed by my sisters again but with the photo as evidence I was half heartedly teased about it till I was 13 and in a rage I set it alight.

Hope you enjoyed and sorry about the babble fest im gonna post this again in a new thread also as think most people wont read it here cause of Its length.

Love and hugs
    Bethany xxxxxx

Yes as a matter oif fact my mother told several times that I was supposed to be a girl. She dressed me and my brother up in her clothes for Halloween one year. I never could tell her that I wanted to be a girl, It just isn't the way things are done around my hometown. I have been sneaking aorund dressing ever since taht wonderful Halloween.

She absolutely despises my transsexuality... and as for pre-birth wishes I was a doesn't matter as they already had one of each. Attitudes to my crossdressing... *whack*... Owwwwwwwwww...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I don't think my mother actually cared what brand she got. We were never victims of sexual stereotypes in my family. We had all we wanted as far as toys, my brothers and I...yes all male...had action figures...OK dolls, and my dad made my middle brother a play kitchen out of wood that included table and chairs, a sink base and an oven.

I was the one who asked for girl articles and often got them. I was the one who wanted to be a girl on Halloween and got that too. Was never told I could not. To the best of my knowledge I was the only one who had a female name in que when I was born.

middle brother is gay, my other brother is overtly macho and then there's me. So in the end they had one of each.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My mother never encouraged nor discouraged any feminazation, but did teach me to sew a bit when I showed interest. I was never punished when caught playing with her jewelry, but always felt somewhat ashamed as though somehow I knew it was "wrong." I'm sure she would have been very happy to have had a girl, as she was very fashion conscious always, and mentioned that she would love to "dress" my first real girl friend (teenager). She did dress a bit dowdy now that I look back on it, and my mom could have worked wonders...

Once I asked her what my name would have been had I been a girl, and she said "ChanDelle," the name I use here.

She did dress me in a dress for christening, but I think that was tradition even for boys back then.

ChanDelle

I was supposed to be a girl.. I was going to be named Maria, but instead I was born a boy soon to be a normal mixed up kid dressing in his moms clothes and liking it..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Straight, yet curvy
    Did my mom want a girl? Maybe.
    But she sure as heck didn't want a crossdresser.

Yes. But she never dressed me that way although I did learn to use her sewing machine (not sure I actually ever made anything with it other than fooling around with it), but it comes in handy now to patch up stuff. You won't find me making clothes though.

I was the youngest of 5 and the only boy, so I don't think it was as much wanting as being practical. Many of my clothes when I was little were hand-me-downs (yep, from my older sisters), mainly underwear, t-shirts, and the occasional swimsuit (I hated that one !!). She painted my nails once (at my request), but mainly to teach me a lesson, I think, as she drug me out to my sister's school play with it on. Presumably, that lesson was wearing girl's underwear ok, nail polish, not so much.

Jinny

I saw this thread the other day so i asked my mum.
    To my suprise she said they thought i was going to be a girl and i was going to be called Lucy, i like the name Lucy if i had known i would have used it instead of Katie!
    My mum never encouraged me to crossdress be she never stoped me wearing her shoes and boot's which i did from about the age of about 3/4 i think!
    My mum doesn't know i crossdress lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Complex Lolita...
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t think my mother wanted any children! Poor mummy! Two sisters preceded me, and it was another 10 years before I came along. Oh-oh! I think my father and grandfather wanted a boy – you know, to mow the lawn and rake leaves. One of my sisters wanted a horse, and the other one wanted a cat. They got me instead. I was premature, too – I often think I never got cooked enough. Come to think of it, maybe that was a good thing…[/SIZE]

I have an older sister, 5 years older then me.

I have one memory of my mom putting lipstick on me, but I can only remember looking at myself in the mirror, rubbing it off and asking her to do it again. Chances are that I asked her to do it..

so she didnt force crossdress me, nor did I enjoy CDing til i was 13 or 14 so I dont know where it came from.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Did your mother want a girl

My mum had my sister first but she later told me she dressed me as a girl
    when i was a baby.I alway watched her getting and i used to love wearing her bra over my shoulders,she asked me if i wanted to dress as i girl and i said
    yes so she went out and bought me my own girl clothes and i was always
    dressed as a girl only getting boy clothes when started school,even then
    as soon as i got home from school i got my girl clothes on.

ok here goes this the little i remember mom lost her first 2 babies the next was my sister who was daddys girl.she also was atomboy and sort of a bully. mom always wanted a girly girl. when i came along iwas her last chance. i know as ababy iwas dressed both ways as it suited mom .i even remember wearing my sisters type panties till somewhere along the way iknew my under clothes were different than the other boys and started to ask questions. mom also did alot of sewing and it was always me that was the dress dummy with a slip on so the fit was right it took me a long time to really remeber all these chidhood things and kinda figure it all out

She let me play in her heels and always rubbed my pretty hair saying I should have been a girl.

re: mother

unfort., no....she already had 2 girls...
    Little did she know she really had THREE!

A Girl

My mother had a stillborn girl immediately prior to my "arrival". I think I was not treated as "rough and tumble" as my older brother was. He was encouraged to get involved with sports. I don't think I ever was. I recall the neighbor lady commenting on several occasions that I would have made a good looking girl. Of course, this ruffled my masculine feathers, but deep down inside I think I would have too.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

my mother use to say she wanted me to be a girl, i had long hair as a teen and she would practice her brading skills on me for she wanted a daughter for whos hair to do, i was always sucsepting of this attention because she never gave any otherwise. my mother was a full blown alcoholic and i was raised by 2 brothers while she was at the bar. I often growing up wanted to know that if i had been born a female would she have paid more attention to me? would the beatings by my older brothers never existed? i have a terrible pig for a brother, he is a terrible womanizer and i still say to this day that if i had been born a woman he might have done something very terrible, that part of me is thankfull that i wasnt but i do wish i had been... I have always been envious of how woman are treated so differently then i am and im sure this goes way back for me... long story but yes she did mention many times how i was suppose to be a female..
    steph

Yes, I believe my mother wanted another girl. My given name is a female name not one that can be misconstrued as male or female like Robin or Kelly. Kind of like the "boy named Sue." My parents did not cut my hair until I started school and my mom often dressed me in ambiguous hand-me-downs from my sister. So up until that time (5-6 years old) I had long brownish-blonde curls (I still have the pictures) and thus, I was more often than not mistaken for a little girl by folks meeting my parents for the first time. My brother was the one that nicknamed me Michelle. He was teasing me but I loved it and it stuck. Some of my earliest memories are having makeup put on me by my older sister. My sister also bought me a pair of leotards because I wanted to dress like her. I used to follow my mom in the kitchen and pretend to cook along with her too. She encouraged me in many domestic chores and hey I'm still a great housekeeper to this day! On more than one occassion my mother caught me wearing borrowed clothes. She never said a word. My mother always discouraged me from contact sports saying I was too thin and could get hurt too easily.

My mother never knew I continued my CDing after I left home but, I suspect she probably knew all along. My sister never knew but I don't think I fooled her either.

Now they are both gone I regret I didn't sieze the opportunity to show them and thank them.

Michelle

I have four older brothers, the oldest being 10 years and 8 months older than myself, I'd say, YEP! MOM WAS WANTING A GIRL, and she got one just over a year later.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Yes, since she had already had a son, she wanted the second child i.e.me to be a girl. She delayed cutting my hair, allowing it grow long and she used to dress me up as agirl quite often, unti i was 5.
    urmi

no my mom wanted a boy
    i have 2 older sisters and 2 younger ones

which is why i haven't told her that im a cd
    i want to my mom is cool and would probably understand but
    im her only son