Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "What are you wearing?"

Banned Read only

"What are you wearing?"

Nope! I'm not asking y'all whatcha got on at the moment. It's a quote from a short, but special conversation I had yesterday afternoon.

For quite a long time I've had this little inside joke with my gf, that almost when ever I dial her number, I ask "What are you wearing?" when she picks up the phone. She knows it's me, of course, and I can always visualize her smile when she hears it. (It's especially fun when she's in her office with the speakerphone on! LOL)

I came out to her about 10 days ago and we had a great conversation and she asked a lot of sensible questions. She admts to being a little freaked out, but also intrigued and wants to know more. (I let her initiate the conversations about it since then.)

So yesterday, I answered my ringing phone and this smiling voice said "What are you wearing?" followed by a little giggle. I teared up immediately, knowing that she could have fun with it too, that it wasn't bothering her so much that she couldn't see the humour in it with me.

It's a little nothing really in the grand scheme of things, but it sure made me feel relieved and loved. I'm still smiling!

Pretty cool Deja. My standard answer to that question is simply:"A smile", leaving anything else to the imagination.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wow,just to hear you were honest with her is really a huge step,but to get that call which might mean the beginning of a bit of acceptance ,I think I would be flying pretty high right about now.

Sounds like a great start Deja Happy for both of you.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Appreciate her. I would be so happy to get a little bit of acceptance from my wife. Give her (gf) an exta hug.

Good !

[SIZE="3"]So very happy for you !!! What a nice start !!![/SIZE]
    Gale

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    What a great story. It warms my heart to hear things like this.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    Talk about a one-liner that can put you at ease! That is great to hear! Give her one of these for us.

I love this--what a wonderful way to express her interest and support for you!!! Thank you so much for sharing it.
    warmly, Linnea

Thank you for relating that very pleasing little anecdote, Deja. It warms my heart to know that she's going to run with this with you. I'm very glad for you.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

during a telephone call, a lady once asked me that -- a very close friend. I replied, "My favorite clothes."

Isn't it great to have such a rapport with your gf? I hope you can continue to play and enjoy the game for many years to come. I can be very open and honest with my gf too.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Sometimes when I call my wife while I'm in a room full of people, I'll say (loudly enough for those nearby to hear) "Hey baby, what are you wearing?"

Then I pause for a second while the folks who heard me have a chuckle at our little romantic moment...

... then I'll say with great shock and embarrassment in my voice "Oh, I am so sorry! I thought this was Mrs. Ralph! Could you put my wife on the phone please?"

Ha, acting like an idiot *never* gets old.

This is very nice, and I hope her attitude lasts. When I told my wife last year about my crossdressing, she was very similar. She gave me some of her older slips, she bought me some panties, and hosiery, and we traded some cute jokes. But then she said that she didn't want to see me dressed anymore, that it made her uncomfortable. So now I only dress when she's not around, which is disappointing, but at least I've told her, and am not keeping it secret. I hope she continues to support you, and does not regress, but be prepared, just in case.

Deja, that IS so cool! You know, you had given me the impression that it would be a cold day in hell before you risked telling someone in your life. I'm glad to see that you have someone to share with and that she feels free enough to tease you. I am SO looking forward to seeing you at SCC.

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    ...It's a little nothing really in the grand scheme of things, but it sure made me feel relieved and loved. I'm still smiling!
    Awesome story, deja true!

Sounds like you're off to a great start after coming out. I hope it continues to be a good journey for both of you.

Btw - I do the same thing with my wife from time to time. I'll say "so... what do you have on?" though.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

It is a warm, touching story, but what were you wearing?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    She may never see me in person dressed, but that's okay. At east she knows ... and is somewhat okay with it. We don't live together ... 100 miles apart actually and see each a couple of weekends a month.

By showing her pics, I was at least able to put forward my very best side ... and it was good enough that she actually thought the look was pretty good, not silly at all! High praise coming from her, 'cos as far as I'm concerned, and I tell her often, she's my very favoritest cougar!

I wasn't gonna tell her, Kimmie, even though I have come out to her adult daughters over the past few months(and they are incredibly accepting and even supportive!), but after returning from a two week vacay with friends in the great West and then Be-All, dressed 24/7 for the whole time, she kept asking me what I had done on my long time gone. What could I say? I'm the world's worst liar, and just couldn't do that to someone I love.

So I showed her the miraculous Gina Ortiz makeover pics and the Be-All pics and told her all about it. Gosh, I was scared! But it was the right thing to do at this stage of my thrilling and confusing accelerating deja-life. Just plain tired of hiding!

It may lead to adventures together in the future. I'd like that. She could teach me a lot if she wanted to. But it may not. Either way, I'll never push it.

Here's a couple of Gina's pics. I may make an album (my first) out of a selected group.

I went to my brothers house yesterday to borrow something and was wearing my bra under my shirt and I kept waiting for him to ask me if I was wearing a special back brace or something.. I don't know how much anyone can see of my bras.. I want to wear my form fitting bras but.. oh what the hell I'll be right back...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post

.... but it sure made me feel relieved and loved. ........

Well Deja, you're already loved by all of us here and I for one am really looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks time.

Suzy

Congradulations on finding a accepting SO. I hope everything goes well. Good Luck.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm SO HAPPY for u, Deja!

I have told just ONE PERSON I know, that I dress. Like your GF, she lives 100's of miles away. I'll be seeing her next month.

I have no idea if I should involve her in my dressing. And, if I do, how FAR to go?

I wonder if you've thot about that, too, Deja? Knowing u, u probably HAVE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    Your little post, touched me as well. Thank you for sharing,

PS. your pics look great,, From one Gina alumni to another!

Deja True,
    Now you got me smiling with tears. You stinker. Sounds like fun. Huggs Keli

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............. totally sweet !