Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!!

I did it!!!

I am sure it is a small thing by some standards but I got dressed this morning and walked around the block I live on. I live downtown, and I never thought I would have the courage, but, it's not quite 5 AM and everything is quiet so I did it!!! Just wanted to report no one was around or saw me so no bad vibs or anything,except for my shaking nerves!!!!!

Susan

Way to go Susan. That first step is the hardest--more adventures to come i am sure. Its a macho thing--men want to go farther, bolder and faster. LOL!

Congratulations!! I'm glad you had the courage to do it, I have not done that before to scared.

lol Way to go. Next do it at 10 am.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

good for you hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

wish I was that brave. Passing for me is out of the question.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    well done susan

Congratulations I guarantee that urge will only get stronger, but it also gets easier!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

very cool !! trying to get out myself . sounds like you had fun !!!

Well done Susan! Now you have started something that you will not be able to stop! Good luck and keep us posted!

I did it!!!

Thank you girls, I never thought I would have the courage.

Susan

I've walked by my house a few times late at night. Isn't the feeling just so exhilarating. Love to muster up the courage to spend the day out like that.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Sounds absolutely wonderful!

Very cool Susan, after the nerves calm down you'll be itching to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanCACD View Post
    I am sure it is a small thing by some standards but I got dressed this morning and walked around the block I live on. I live downtown, and I never thought I would have the courage, but, it's not quite 5 AM and everything is quiet so I did it!!! Just wanted to report no one was around or saw me so no bad vibs or anything,except for my shaking nerves!!!!!

Susan
    Well done Susan! That must have been great!

Quote Originally Posted by SusanCACD View Post

Susan
    Good for you Susan and congratulations. And it isn't a small thing! It must feel great, I too am looking forward to the day I actually have the courage get out the front door of my apartment dressed! It always helps our courage to hear of another girl that took that step!!

>>>hugs<<<
    Pauline

Wow!

You're a better woman than me! I'd be shaking so hard my breast forms would fall out!

Well done!
    I'm wearing a skirt?

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Susan, you will find that women

have the courage that mere men don't have. You've proved it by going out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Congrats girl!

Yes the bug bites! You will now push farther each time. First time I drove to a Trans meeting I was so scared and freaked I might get into an accident or get a flat tire. Can you imagine, opps sorry I hit you and lets wait for the officer, exchange info and the like. 1000 people drive by looking at you as they rubber neck. Uncomfortable looking glass.

Christine
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Congratulations!
    I have so much work to do before I'll be able to go out..

That is awsome for you

5:00 am is a good time to go out, it is not hot, there is little traffic and the only people you may encounter are newspaper guys, street cleaners and garbage men.
    I'd go out then but at that hour I have a serious relationship with my pillow.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    well done chick,try 2 blocks next time thats what i did now, i can do a mile easily although its always late night i go out.

Susan, isn't it funny how just a small thing like walking around the block can be such a big deal? Kudos to you for having the self confidence. Remember they are "your" clothes and you have "the right" to wear them.Clothes do not define you unless you let them. Much like a person dressing like a cowboy. Does it make him a cowboy? No. What makes him a cowboy is more on the inside than the out. The same holds true for us. These clothes do not define us. What does is on the inside. True change works from the inside out.

Someday we all will be able to walk in the sunlight, rather than the dusk. We each develop and grow at our own pace. Like flowers in the garden. Some need more shade than others to grow. But all will bloom in their own good time.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Congradulations Kiddo...!

Its NEVER " a small thing " if its important to YOU !!! don't forget that.

Thats where most of my outside started, morning walks around the neighborhood in a gym style skirt.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Silver Member
    Congratulations Susan! I am sure that your adventures will only grow more bolder from this experience. I started out doing the same thing you did but now I like to walk the downtown area between the hours of 7:00 - 8:00 AM. This is when the streets are filled with women on thier way to work in the morning. No one pays any attention to me as I look just like any other woman on her way to work in the morning. Everyone else is concerned about getting to work on time and they do not even look twice at me as look like i am doing the same thing. This is a great way to blend in wearing a skirt like most of the other women are wearing as part of thier professional attire for thier work day. I like walking past banks and office buildings looking like a professional busines woman on her way to work in the morning.