Thread: I guess I gotta be Bold & Out...

I guess I gotta be Bold & Out...

I guess I gotta be Bold & Out... that I'm just a crossdresser... a guy only into clothes and dollying up my beauty... not a Craigsglist CD sex fanatic... that I've got class and that I'm worthy of friendship... that I'm not "gay into men..."

... because truthfully, people ostracize you for crossdressing. And I just wanna get a message across that I'm a good person to be friend with and I'm interesting and that everyone has flaws and mine is crossdressing...

Anyone of you try to be "Bold & Out" and how did it turn out?

Oh, I tried quitting crossdressing back in Feb but only held out for 1 month. My mom PURGED my Chicago collection of clothes but I think I got 99% of the items back...

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    everyone who knows is like "way to go",,,,as im just a guy in pantyhose skirts heels,,,i dont wear wigs or make up or a bra,,,
    im just me in other clothes,,,

Well, I get the "hand over pec" brush by people as an insult that I crossdress... I'm rethinking my reaction to them should be BOLD and I should say, "SO I'm a crossdresser! Ain't I still a HUMAN and worth FRIENDS!?"

Kate, it is NOT a flaw.

Embrace it as a gift.

One positive thing to do is to see oneself in a positive way.

For me, I do not respond to insults or negativity. All you do is risk greater confrontation without any hope of changing the other persons views.

Just stand proud, be proud and walk on, secure in the knowledge that an insult says everything about the the other person and nothing about you.

Oh, and don't fret over perceptions of being gay. It is not wrong to be gay either.
    I would (am in a relationship now - so it doesnt happen like it used to) discuss my sexuality only with those who were interested in me as a person with whom I wanted a connection and just to tell it how it is. Otherwise my sexuality was/is nothing to do with anyone else but me and my partner.

Be positive about yourself and enjoy being you.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

Mirani ia right there is nothing wrong with being a Cd and if ppl don't accept you for who you are then what kind of ppkl are they. Are they worth having as friends if they can't accept you?
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself. Good luck.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Going totally out all in a rush may be a bad idea. Try gradual steps to give yourself time to adjust so one bad situation doesn't set you all the way back.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Good luck, Kate!

There's some GREAT advice from experienced CDs above. I DO HOPE you'll listen to them! Their thots could save u from some needless HEARTACHE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't see it as a "flaw" either. If anything, I like to think that aspect of me is responsible for giving me greater empathy, compassion, tolerance and understanding.