Thread: Might be venturing out soon!

Might be venturing out soon!

Some of you may recall my thread a few weeks ago when I came out to my GG friend and how positively she reacted, but yesterday things took another positive turn!

I was telling her about my new outfits and out of the blue she said "would you want to go out as Anne?" which kinda took me by surprise but I immediately said of course i'd love to and she said she'd ask her gay friend where we can go. Her friend was seeing a t-girl for a short time a few years ago who later had 'the op', so i'm pretty sure she should know of some good places we can go

Really excited now, started thinking about possible outfits and stuff already lol

Awesome, sounds like a plan! Make sure to report back..........

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yay Anne!! I'm so glad your girlfriend is being so accepting. Even when you do go out, remember to be the "man" on the date - or at least be the least girly, if you know what I mean. Show her that when dressed, you are the same wonderful person she fell in love with. Now, thanks to your willingness to do things other guys would be afraid of, she'll have even more to love!

Kathi

Vey cool, Anne. Please keep us posted on the big day!

jenn

Have a great time with it all the Only time i went out with my wife all dressed Up i had her drive and i gave all the cash to her and when we left the bar i had her open and help me in the car she was LAFFING so hard with me we had a great time out hope you do the same jerzie

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Anne Marie! <Joni carefully picks herself up off the floor>

Honey, I had no idea. Looking at your pix and how you are just so gorgeously passable and seem to be dripping with self confidence, I thought you were the totally outest girl already. Knock me over with a lace thong!

Girl, I know you will just have a wonderful time. Be sure to take a stick to beat off the admirers with. Please report back in detail with pix, okay? Have fun!

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

What great news that is! And I can only imagine the fun you will have. Getting out and about with someone who really likes you will be amazing!
    Kristen

I misworded the first post sorry lol, we're not seeing eachother she has a bf, we're just great friends and have been for a few years now.

We're arranging a night before we go out for us to have a night at home first with a few dvds and a takeaway, and said i'll dress up then too, be a nice small step before taking the big leap lol

Wow Anne! You lucky thing, go for the night out if you have the nerve and be sure to let us know how it went.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xAnne_Mariex View Post
    We're arranging a night before we go out for us to have a night at home first with a few dvds and a takeaway, and said i'll dress up then too, be a nice small step before taking the big leap lol
    Well, that'll give you a chance to sort through your closet and pick the perfect outfit. Anne Marie, I say this with all sincerity, you are just a doll and will have so much fun when you go out. If I didn't know you from this group and someone showed me your picture I would swear you're a ggirl and a very cute one, too. You go, girl.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

She asked if you would like to go out as Anne and you say naw gee golly you.. ya .. you think I could pass.... then kicking the ground in that awe shucks manner you say.. ok..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Awesome news, Anne. I can only imagine how you feel! Please let us know how things go if you don't mind. I would love to be in your shoes so let your friend know how much you appreciate her!

Suz

I am in envy.
    Go for it.
    Let us know how it goes.

Have fun!

Anne, my first time back out in the 'modern era' -when I first ventured out after 40 years of being back in the closet- was also with a best friend lesbian to whom I confided my secret to.

Weeks after that she called me one day and asked if she could see Helen, and the long and short of it is that we spent that early afternoon and evening together...went shopping, to dinner and a movie afterwards.

Dis I pass? probably not -and I have gotten better at it since that day two years ago and go out as much as I can today, which unfortunately is limited to several weekends a year, one coming up soon -July 23 and the two weekends after that one. Could I have done it without her support? Probably not. I owe her big-time....

Walk slowly out into the light, young lady, and enjoy your new found freedom!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.