Thread: Why do you post up your pictures? - Follow Up

Why do you post up your pictures? - Follow Up

In mid-may, I posted a thread about our reasoning behind wanting to post pictures on this forum and other picture sharing websites. The original thread is here, there are some great replies.

I went back the other day and reread the post, and reconsidered my own reasons behind doing this. Using this as inspiration, I wrote an article titled Why Crossdressers Post Their Pictures, hoping that at least a handful of non-transgendered people can get a better idea of why we do this. As we speak, I am working on the second part of the article, which highlights some of the fascinating responses that I saw in this thread.

I think it's interesting that nobody replied that they were trying to attract someone, because that's what most of society probably thinks. I really love that we have such a great community here, with picture sharing capabilities.

I also think that it's noteworthy that some of the replies were "just because", which shows that we don't always have to be so serious about our transgender issues. By the way, my motivations for posting my pictures have been slightly updated. I do enjoy getting an ego boost

- Jessica

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Okay, okay! I admit it! I'm a vain, effin bitch. That's why I posted all those new pix. Jeeze, Jess, get off my back.<lmao> BTW, hon, you are so gorgeous. I mean it, too.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 07-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Gold Member
    They are not there anymore but I once posted my photos, got a couple good responses, a couple of the lame-o "you look like you had fun" type replies, and a few "you need to smile".

I learned something important - If a TG asks opinions of other TG, one is going to get hypercritical responses.

If you want the most honest feedback possible, find out what non-TG think.
    I know I have had better responses about my looks, presentation, and voice from non-TG.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I have given some flip answers to this question but the truth is I enjoy showing off.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    They are not there anymore but I once posted my photos, got a couple good responses, a couple of the lame-o "you look like you had fun" type replies, and a few "you need to smile".

I learned something important - If a TG asks opinions of other TG, one is going to get hypercritical responses.

If you want the most honest feedback possible, find out what non-TG think.
    I know I have had better responses about my looks, presentation, and voice from non-TG.
    I like non-TG critiques, too, by which I suppose you mean ggirls. They tend to be more honest and constructive. However, I think all in all I'd prefer hypercritical as opposed to hypocritical.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Gold Member
    Very good article Jessica. I look forward to part 2. BTW, I think I said this already in your other thread, but like you, I do love to get compliments on my pics. Makes me feel the effort is well worth it.

I post my picture, so I can see myself enfemme as I am not always able to dress. It gets me in the Zone for posting here.And I get a chance to realy look at myself often.

I don't now post any pictures for a number of reasons. First of all is that my wife has kind of cooled her acceptance of my crossdressing, and as a result I find it very difficult to get completely dressed and made-up, and then take pictures. And I'm not totally up to date on taking and submitting the pictures. I also have to be careful of what I put on the computer. That being said, I hope to one day be able to do it. And the reason why, is that I would like to be able to show that I can look very nice in my female attire and make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn NM View Post
    I don't now post any pictures for a number of reasons. First of all is that my wife has kind of cooled her acceptance of my crossdressing, and as a result I find it very difficult to get completely dressed and made-up, and then take pictures. And I'm not totally up to date on taking and submitting the pictures. I also have to be careful of what I put on the computer. That being said, I hope to one day be able to do it. And the reason why, is that I would like to be able to show that I can look very nice in my female attire and make-up.
    Sorry to hear that Jaclyn, I hope that you are able to dress and take some pics soon.

The ego boost is great but I also like to have others tell me what they think so that I can be better.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

I believe I have posted photos and changed Avatars to show how I have progressed in appearence just like a child growing up you start the photos and show as you get older what you look like, for me its the female within
    showing not only have I progressed but showing the appearence of what I am know, Some of us here have asked for help and advice as they are New Comers but as for myself, A LOT of Years and wanting to be who I am inside on the outside. I have watched a Great many of my Friends change and the flower within blossom, My Friend Lisa and M.J and a great many others. Joann0830

Aspiring Member
    For me it was a verification of my self acceptance.
    I gotta tell you, some of the responses I've had didn't hurt any either. It's a very supportive and wonderful bunch of ladies we have here.

getting compliments is very nice. Sharing my moments of enjoyment with dressing en femme is very nice too. I definitely enjoy both.
    warmly, Linnea

I genuinely appreciate the feedback. Same when I take my game public, but it's a lot less safe, as not everyone shares our appreciation for a guy in a dress. I have been fortunate, as most in the general population that I have encountered have reacted positively (or not at all) to me. I guess at the end of the day, it's all about getting validation for what I like to refer to as my "artwork."

I posted a picture in the male and fem mode, I was thinking well heck why not. Some of the guys make very beautiful women.

The main reason that i have posted my picture is so that anyone wanting to post a reply or send me a message will not be under any illusions what i look like ( which no doubt counts for the lac of them) i thought it only fair.
    Don`t you just love smart ass`s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    ...By the way, my motivations for posting my pictures have been slightly updated. I do enjoy getting an ego boost
    I said so before, and I'll say it again. So do I!

What's wrong with that?

Non-cd's love the exact same thing.

Guys post photos of themselves trying to look macho and cool in order to attract women (as in, stroke the ego) and show off to other guys (also stroking the ego).

Women (gg's)... well, we've all seen a plethora of young hotties posting very sexy photos of themselves. I think more than trying to attract a guy, they are trying to attract COMPLIMENTS!

Most people have a little bit of show-off in them. Is that a bad thing? I think NOT.

A lot of show-off is a bad thing (as in when that's all one desires). A little showing off is fun, healthy, and makes us all feel good. Feeling good is... well, good!

I love when I'm all dressed up and lucky to get a nice looking photo or two. I love showing that to everyone! When I look good to me, I'm proud to show it off! I make no apologies for it either.

EDIT: Just read your article part 2. Great write up, Jessica!
    Last edited by Gabrielle Hermosa; 07-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I post them to get a response. I love the comments and especially the good ones. I read somewhere that if there were no mirrors or cameras there would be no crossdressers. Something to think about.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

<------ attention w*ore. If I get this pretty SOMEONE better notice and if they don't I put up pictures
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Who doesnt like an ego boost. I also love looking at pics because it gives me at least a little feel for who the person is- at least in my mind. I guess its a feeling of connection especially if its about them being out on the town or community, etc.