Thread: "Your body is a process, not a structure"

"Your body is a process, not a structure"

I recently heard Deepok Chopra speak. I have trouble with so much spirtuality, but clearly he is super highly regarded-packed concert hall. I wrote down this quote and viewed it, not surprisingly, from my transgendered, crossdresser viewpoint. I thought of how it isn't fair that those who crossdress are treated harshly by Society in view of Deepok's words. Not entirely sure what a process means in his abstract analysis-and this MD is one real thinker! -but I wanted to share his quote.

I'm like a rose in my garden....I'll have my moment of glory, then eventually I will shrivel up and die and be forgotten while new roses bloom. C'est la vie!

But seriously, it sounds like Deepak Chopra was trying to express the fact that we are not bound by "static" definitions, we are transient. We are in motion. I prefer to say that life is a journey, not a destination.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Helen, a Structure does not change, but your body does! That is why he called it a process. The body is constantly evolving, or changing as we grow. Unfortunately, sometimes in ways we do not like!!

Nathalie, let's teach everybody to crossdress instead of smoking. Sure would cut the death rate down, and increase clothing sales!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 07-02-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added comments1
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    We're all works in progress, aren't we? Hopefully. All of us.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Nathalie, let's teach everybody to crossdress instead of smoking. Sure would cut the death rate down, and increase clothing sales!!

These are real statistics, no less. I've had the occasion to listen to vitamin mogul/ health freak Gary Null on thre radio, and the statistics of deaths related to prescription drugs scare the willies out of me. Doctors can be your friends, but sometimes they are better friends ("$") with the pharmaceutical industy than you....know what I mean?

A structure is static (stationery), a process is in motion. That is, in essence, what Deepak Chopra is getting at.
    Our bodies are not static, they change constantly.
    That's enough from me.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    A structure is static (stationery), a process is in motion. That is, in essence, what Deepak Chopra is getting at.
    Our bodies are not static, they change constantly.
    I also think the same regarding those Chopra's words even I've never read his books and know just a little about him.

And I agree with Nathalie: "I prefer to say that life is a journey, not a destination."
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

And what drives the bodily process is enformy or intelligent energy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

He's rite!

At my age, my body is MELTING!

I don't think ANYTHING about humans is STATIC!

We change our:
    gender, sexual orientation, wants, needs, shapes, looks, and minds!
    And OF COURSE, our clothes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    ... let's teach everybody to crossdress instead of smoking. Sure would cut the death rate down...
    Actually the death rate would still be the same ... 100%

I walked by the mirror this morning and realized my body is neither a process nor a structure. It's just kind of a blob. I've got to get serious about getting fit again.

Visual Reality Life Cycle

I had a poster like this from an old boyfriend.

http://krishna.org/images/Misc/ChangingBodies.jpg

Sobering, and encouraging. Who would want to live to be 500 years old stuck in the same body ? Someone could place you in a dungeon, and make it a very long stay. And who says that being human is the only thing available ?
    That might be true for the moment in this tiny planetary system, but it has many pleasures, so I am not complaining. I would like four arms, and a set of regenerating wings. (and a few unmentionables)
    I am a weird older woman, and for now, it suits me fine.