Thread: Alter Ego...

Alter Ego...

For those of you who have adopted either a "normal" female or androgynous-sounding screen name for this forum as I have, did you ever "Google" it to see if you have any "real-life" namesake(s) out there? You know, on sites like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, High School Reunion websites and the like...

I have, and it was quite a kick to see who some of my alter egos were and what they looked like. Turns out that in another life, I could have been a 15 year-old girl or a high-powered female business executive, among others. Kind of like an internet version of that '60's game show "To Tell The Truth" .

Then again, maybe I have too much time on my hands these days

Sounds like fun

Oh, I'll give it a try.
    Sounds like fun, I'll let you know!
    Summer

Found some

There are 43 of us in the US. Mostly younger than I and two were very cute indeed.
    Thanks it was fun
    Summer

I googled my femme name and the search revealed that ******* ****** had been charged with murder. Turns out I share a name with a character in a television program.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Just Googled mine and found a very nice lady on Facebook. I wonder if she likes Badgers?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

LOL !! I Googled Christine H. Perkins and all I got were old ladies that died...

At least they were old !!
    Last edited by Chrissie P; 07-03-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: schpellin
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Who says we aren't? This is only one dimension of many you know.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

OK, I'll bite. I googled "Ralph" and came up with something over 91 million hits. It may take me a while to get back to you with a more detailed answer.

Interestingly, "ralph" + "crossdressing" gives me 92,000+ hits, and if I widen that by allowing variations (ralph + crossdressing OR crossdresser OR transvestite) it bumps up to 145,000.

When I goggled my name I came up with a lot of hits that were actually about me. Mostly from articles I had written or from photo contests. Did come up with several others that are from England in the late 1800's. Don't think I was around then

Oh yea, I google "Jessica De Leon" all the time now, and I find that in most search engines I am actually one of the top results

Microsoft's brand new search engine Bing has me as the #2 result

- Jessica

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    Oh yea, I google "Jessica De Leon" all the time now, and I find that in most search engines I am actually one of the top results

Microsoft's brand new search engine Bing has me as the #2 result

- Jessica
    Well of course you are, girl. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

On the other hand, when I Google (verbing nouns is so fun) my name, Joni Marie Cruz, all I get is stuff I've posted on various sites. Including some rather embarassing ones I don't actually remember doing. Ahh, Bacchus, you rascal you.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Yep, I tried it,.. and then I realized that there were so many of me online, chances are no one would ever find the real me at all.... talk about feeling lost in a crowd.

jenn

I think I'll do that thanks Leslie.
    Angie

Everything from an electrician, sports writer, former hockey player turned chiropractor and ceo of a non-profit org to a green tea moisturizer. Ha! that's funny.

[SIZE="2"]My alter ego runs a real estate office. I did not realize that
    "Marcia Blue" could be a real person. She is few years older than I am.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Well of course you are, girl. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Aw, thanks Joni

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I did! .... and the first four entries that came up in Google are me .... yes that's the me that is me the CDer here Rachel Morley! I guess I must be famous as a TG person or something or other or I post a lot of crap! .... and I'm there again all over the place in Google images

The other most prominent Rachel Morleys according to Google positions are an Australian Consultant and an 18 year old cute GG. Btw ...my wife, Marla Morley is also a high hitter in Google but there is another Marla Morley who is the mayor of Belle Plaine, Kansas
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 07-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    So you're saying you prefer to be on top?
    (whistles innocently)