Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GGs attitude to crossdressers

Quote Originally Posted by Tal'Aura View Post
    Jolan Tru,

This is an ancient debate, but I have solid reasons to believe that ninety-five percent of female population truly hate all kinds of the transgendered persons. Two percent is amused in a mockingly way, and another two percent wants us cured from this "mental illness". The remaining one percent is maybe on our side, but isn't worth the trouble because of extremely low odds...
    Wana show us the stats on your conclusions....... or are you just making numbers up ?.......... as A GG I am offended by those wild numbers
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Right, here's the thing.
    Some guys like to dress like girls.
    That's it, really. Some makup, dresses, underwear, whatever.
    There's nothing to accept, no 'social norm' to consider, it's just there.
    No 'taking it slowly', no 'I'll think about it', it's there, and if you can't handle it, for our sakes, let go of this whole 'but it's for girl's!' mentality.

We're here, we're different, we may be queer, and damn it to hell, we aren't going away.

Love,

Sophie

Jolan Tru,

This is an ancient debate, but I have solid reasons to believe that ninety-five percent of female population truly hate all kinds of the transgendered persons. Two percent is amused in a mockingly way, and another two percent wants us cured from this "mental illness". The remaining one percent is maybe on our side, but isn't worth the trouble because of extremely low odds...
    I don't know where you get your figures from, but a good 90% of GGs who know about me are fully supportive!!

I'm going to marry one of them in October [Sheila]

In fact i've only ever received 2 negative responses from GGs about my c/ding in the last three years [none before that as i didn't tell anyone]

Jolan Tru,

LOL... I've read some funny things here.... and you've come to this absurd conclusion how? So, out of the 400 GG's on this board, 95% of us hate the transgendered... 2% of us are just amused, 2% of us want you cured and only 1% of us are on your side... ok then... So, by your calculations, only 4 of us GG's on the whole board are on your side...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I detect a misogynist in our midsts
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    you could be spot on hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I wanna know which 4 Oh and the 8 that I amuse I like amusing people
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I wanna know which 4 Oh and the 8 that I amuse I like amusing people
    For EXample ME, Sandra, Reine, Sarah GG, mylitta, Di, a few others.......... am sure there is a biggie I am missing, can't think who .... owww wait I can't count

From my limited experience of having this brought up, the most common reaction, at least amongst girls my age, is amusement. Could be worse I guess.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    For EXample ME, Sandra, Reine, Sarah GG, mylitta, Di, a few others.......... am sure there is a biggie I am missing, can't think who .... owww wait I can't count
    *taps foot*

Anyhow!

You all crack me up. These made up statistics (did you know that 80% of all statistics are made up on the spot?), these "whoa is me", these "we should eat worms" bit is truly sad. You think just because you don on some women's clothing that the rest of the world hates you? Pfft! The world doesn't know you exist!

Whoever on here said that most GGs don't know what a CD is was correct. I grew up in a place where drag queens reign supreme and are as common as air (NYC) yet never knew that a straight or bi drag queen was called a crossdresser. I've met quite a few TS in my time as well and STILL had no idea that part-time gender-benders were crossdressers.

You aren't "hated" [insert ominous music here]. You aren't even known. Most GGs will assume you are gay. Why? Because drag queens are far more out than cders are.

AND..

[Here's a real shocker for you!]

If so many GGs are friends, accepting, even in lust/love with them what makes you think they wouldn't be with you?!

Sometimes you all truly make me just shake my head in wonder.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Exposure

There are a lot of GMales who are fine with a crossdressing female, too. If a girl shows up with a hip hop outfit, skateboard, wallet, and hot rod car, it's "cool". She may make it very clear that she loves men sexually.

When a male shows up dressed as a female, it seems that most GG's would be fine with it, because in the case of mtf crossdressers, emulation can be flattering. Reactions may be varied based on how the mtf crossdresser is introduced to GG's. Being "forewarned" that a crossdresser will show up at a family picnic is different from having a purple haired crossdresser show up at a wedding wearing a chartreuse bridesmaids gown unannounced, and uninvited. The reactions can range from "Get that freak out of here" to "Oh how neat ! What a colorful lady you are ! Please stay."

Quote Originally Posted by Stargirl View Post
    Most of my exposure came from black and white tv variety shows, and a few dramas depicting someone having to wear a disguise of the opposite sex to evade the law. Any show trying to depict real life crossdressing as "normal" would have been very hard to find on tv back then.
    Or today, for that matter

Why is there any amusement?

For entertainment, look at a comedy or a funny movie.

Clothes are funny or amusing? I don't get it.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Is that a remark on me? I even can't express what I think without being labelled or accused of something. In this specific case I am very offended by being called "a misogynist" because I am not capable of hating anyone, not even those who hate me, and especially not womens...

I am sick and tired of this treatment, so this will be my last post on this section.

Jolan Tru

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    LOL... I've read some funny things here.... and you've come to this absurd conclusion how? So, out of the 400 GG's on this board, 95% of us hate the transgendered... 2% of us are just amused, 2% of us want you cured and only 1% of us are on your side... ok then... So, by your calculations, only 4 of us GG's on the whole board are on your side...
    Isn' this like taking a survey on home building materials and then only counting brick houses? What are brick houses usualy made of?

"Statistics" like those thrown out here have two flaws: there aren't enough samples, and that limited sample is biased towards the person's experience. Even regionally, it's odds on that there are places in the world where the TG community is more accepted, and places where it's not. I'm sure a person living in San Francisco would have a vastly different opinion of her acceptance with GG's than one living in, say, Riyadh. From what I've seen in my short time here, it's a world wide forum.

Banned Read only
    Well... in Tal'Aura's defense, I doubt many of us have ever lived in Croatia. I've never been there. I don't speak the language. Most I can do is find it on a map. And I know nothing of the culture there. I do know that there have been civil wars in the recent past. That may have some effect on the culture, I think.

Then, too, there's the whole "perception is reality" thing.

I believe that gg's may be more accepting in general, then say their testosterone laden counterparts. Most of my GG friends don't have a problem with cd'ers, although they admit that a cd'er might not be be on their list of potential mates.

"Testosterone laden".... You know, the ones.. rigid in they way they think,everything has to be logical progression. Boasts of multiple g/f's to bolster their masculinity,manly men!
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

When I first encountered crossdressers at Madame JoJo's over twenty years ago I was very intrigued. I remember thinking "ooh, I'd like one of those ". I was reminded of those thoughts and feelings the first few times I saw my SO dressed - my wish came true and now... I've got one of those.

Having spent so much time on this site in the last year, CDers seem the every day norm! I'm looking forward to Sparkle to enjoy the spectacle and spend time with those who have an extra something special in their lives.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    "Testosterone laden".... You know, the ones.. rigid in they way they think,everything has to be logical progression. Boasts of multiple g/f's to bolster their masculinity,manly men!
    And drive BMWs I know the type.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Banned Read only
    Boasts of multiple g/f's to bolster their masculinity,manly men!

I'm not going to dignify that with a response.

Oh wait. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    I'm not going to dignify that with a response.

Oh wait. I did.
    hehe, I was just kiddin, hoping you'ed catch it....lol You did mention that you had three girlfrends. I could swear you mentioned that.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 07-08-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Most of my GG friends don't have a problem with cd'ers, although they admit that a cd'er might not be be on their list of potential mates.

Take out the "might" part. The women on here have very open minds and understand that a dress does not make you less manly.

Did MissC tell you she had three G/fs? She has 3 G/f's you know
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I would say that in my personal experience, it will depend on the GG, but for the most part they seem to be ok with us.

I agree with Joni Marie that sometimes GGs say are ok with CDers just so long as it's not their SO. However, there are also plenty of GGs who are ok with being in a relationship with a CDer ... and some, as Tamara said, are actually fascinated by us, then there's a small few (like my wife) who describe themselves as "trans-amorous" and look to date CDers because they want that in a partner.
    Hi Rachel,
    Just to add to that it also depends on the CD. I have quite a large circle of CD friends now and we meet regularly. I have to say that even as an accepting GG there are some CDs that would drive me nuts.
    Take care
    Bev

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    First thing, I'll state the obvious - no one can claim to speak for all of the GG's, not even a GG herself. Just like us, there are a wide variety of them, each with their own take on things, and so it's impossible to make sweeping statement like "all GG's feel this way".

As a general rule, I've found that most women I've talked to are interested in us and fascinated by us - AS LONG AS the cross dresser in question is not their own husband or boyfriend. So on an analytical level, they are fascinated with the concept, and may even express admiration for your courage in doing so, but all that analytical interest and admiration flies right out the window when they have to deal with it in their own lives.
    This has been my experience as well. They are interested, but if it were to happen to them it would be different. Actually that is a good question to ask people that you meet; How would you feel if your SO crossdressed, most would have a hard time with it.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Here's my recent experience with GG reactions to TGs:

On Saturday I went to a friends cocktail party. I dressed in a long purple dress, heels, long gloves and the furr coat I got from my Grandmother when she passed earlier this year.

The party included some straight couples, much of the towns out lesbian community, some gay male couples and some straight and GLB singles. Some there I have not seen in many many months (nearly a year) and only knew me as gender-non-conforming and many i had not met before at all including most of the straight people at the party.

Immediate response? I got hugs. Not hate, hugs. And a kissed cheek. I got a few questions as people bent over backwards to be polite and ensure I was addressed with preferred name and pronouns.

Sure, one could expect the people at the party would be more accepting but..

I took a taxi there and back, the GG taxi driver on the way home? Friendly. And as an aside a comment by the also-friendly male driver on the way to the party seemed suggestive that he might be a CD too.

And in recent shopping I was asked if I'd like to try clothes on in the changerooms in Sportsgirl. I didn't ask, she offered. Same at Just Jeans too.