Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GGs attitude to crossdressers

GGs attitude to crossdressers

I am very much interested what GGs think of crossdressers. Do they feel replused, amused, complimented or what?

I ask this question because I was listening to a group of lady colleagues at work the other day discussing a TV programme about crossdressers. I was surprised they were so non-critical.

Your views, especially those of GGs, are most welcome.

GGs in general love us and will help us. They are fascinated by our stories. They will laugh and joke with us. But there are always a few who can't cope.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

A GGs attitude towards cross dressers will be the same attitude as to anyone else if they are treated with respect .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    GGs in general love us and will help us. They are fascinated by our stories. They will laugh and joke with us. But there are always a few who can't cope.
    Hi Tricia-

I so agree, at least in general, that is. Most of, oh hell, really all of, my very best friends are ggirls anymore. Next to my wife, of course. All of them are wonderfully kiind, understanding, helpful and supportive, I count myself blessed by them and their acceptance of me. But there is one major underlying difference, we are just friends. So it easy in a way for them to be fascinated by how I am and even to take it as a sort of compliment how much I admire them and wish I were like them. But if I were their husband or boyfriend, then things would be different. It's one thing to love someone as a friend and support them, it's another thing when it's closer to home.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Well this GG has been married to a cder for 22 years this august and have known about the cding for all but 6 months of the marriage.

More GGs in a relationshipwith a cder, may have a better attitude if they were told about the cding early on, and if a lot of cders didn't push things to far to quick.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

We met here and I agree with Sandra
    More GGs in a relationshipwith a cder, may have a better attitude if they were told about the cding early on, and if a lot of cders didn't push things to far to quick.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Well this GG has been married to a cder for 22 years this august and have known about the cding for all but 6 months of the marriage.

I agree Sandra. I think women, in general, are most accepting as long as their husband, boyfriend, whatever, are up front and honest with them. I think that shows women that their SO trust them enough to expose themselves to a very personal and intimate side of themselves. It's a 2 way street in any relationship, and I think those that have accepting SO's here BECAUSE they were honest, are excellent examples of what a relationship can hold. I know I can't speak from experience here, but it just seems....logical!!

I find them fascinating to be honest, when I'm out at events (CD ones), I can't take my eyes off them lol... The really flamboyant ones have me staring lol and I get told off So if you see me at Sparkle next weekend staring at you, please don't be offended
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would say that in my personal experience, it will depend on the GG, but for the most part they seem to be ok with us.

I agree with Joni Marie that sometimes GGs say are ok with CDers just so long as it's not their SO. However, there are also plenty of GGs who are ok with being in a relationship with a CDer ... and some, as Tamara said, are actually fascinated by us, then there's a small few (like my wife) who describe themselves as "trans-amorous" and look to date CDers because they want that in a partner.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Bilinda the housekeeper! Bilinda's Avatar
    It's been my experience that most GG's are fine with CD'ers. HOWEVER, most of them also would never date a CD. The girls I have talked to and dated want a "real" man, and they just don't think a guy who can dress up as a woman is enough man for them.

Notice I said that has been MY experience. Also different cultures of GG's seem to really be turned off my CD's. I have yet to meet a puerto rico or Hispanic girl who would ever date a crossdresser. I live in Orlando where there is a big mix of cultures. Just my experiences.
    Don't put lipstick on dry lips unless you want it to stay on for 3 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilinda View Post
    I live in Orlando where there is a big mix of cultures. Just my experiences.
    Well that's what you get for living in Orlando
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPink View Post
    I am very much interested what GGs think of crossdressers. Do they feel replused, amused, complimented or what?
    Ask 100 GGs, get 100 answers.

Every person is different, every GG is different. Which is not to say that there are not trends. From what I have seen - most GGs seem to be pretty cool with CDs - providing they are not dating one. But again - everyone is different.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    It's been my experience that most GG's are fine with CD'ers. HOWEVER, most of them also would never date a CD. The girls I have talked to and dated want a "real" man, and they just don't think a guy who can dress up as a woman is enough man for them.

Notice I said that has been MY experience. Also different cultures of GG's seem to really be turned off my CD's. I have yet to meet a puerto rico or Hispanic girl who would ever date a crossdresser. I live in Orlando where there is a big mix of cultures. Just my experiences.
    Dios mio, hermana. (My god, sis.) I'm a Hispanic girl and I'm totally okay with CD's.<G>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

All of the GGs in my life that know about Jessica are extremely supportive and caring. My mother was especially interested to know all about it and actually reads my blog about once a week.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPink View Post
    How long is a piece of string?

The real question is -- what do you want them to think? Be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I find them fascinating to be honest, when I'm out at events (CD ones), I can't take my eyes off them lol...
    Would your type be called "tranny hags?" I know a couple of you who drool.

they just don't think a guy who can dress up as a woman is enough man for them.
    That's one complaint I have yet to hear.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I find them fascinating to be honest, when I'm out at events (CD ones), I can't take my eyes off them lol... The really flamboyant ones have me staring lol and I get told off So if you see me at Sparkle next weekend staring at you, please don't be offended
    [spoken in drag queen voice]
    Gurl, you said some CD's are really flamboyant, [snaps fingers in Z form]
    Don't eeeeven go there! There ain't no SUCH thing as a falmboyant CD, mmm hmmm! [moving head around in a circle and snapping fingers]
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My wife doesn't have a problem with it. When we go shopping together, I get to pay...BJ

As anywhere in life , it depends on the person ... NOT if they are cders , Are they good kind people?
    If you're a rat in a dress or pants , well then who wants to know rats.
    But a good friend [ or husband ] is priceless.... CD or not.

springtime gg

GG's in here possibly,but I don't think that you can count on the majority having those same feelings. A few who can't cope..ahhh the optomist. lol
    Last edited by kellycan27; 07-04-2009 at 03:48 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Crossdressingand my SO

I feel I am one of the lucky ones here. We go shopping together, there are times when we will be looking at a dress and I will say something like "Oh, I am sure if that style will suit me" and she will reply "I am not thinking of Lesley I was thinking of me". She is very supportive (see my thread A long weekend away)and we have never had an argument about my dressing, occasionally she will frown if I wish to buy yet another bra, or another pair of shoes and points out that the average woman will only have about eight or ten bra's, I am the only person she knows who have over fifty! My cross dressing has grown with her, with her encouragement and support, from having my hair permed to my eyebrows plucked. So yes I am very happy and I now know from reading various threads, a very lucky person.
    Lesley Ann

Yeah here in the heartland a lot of gg's say they like "manly men" and I guess I'm just not "manly" enough for them.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Crossdressing doesn't bother me. Stupidity bothers me. You could be intelligent and wear lamp shades on your feet. As long as you don't still have the lamps still in them and plugged in, its fine with me. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by DemonicDaughter; 07-04-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

First thing, I'll state the obvious - no one can claim to speak for all of the GG's, not even a GG herself. Just like us, there are a wide variety of them, each with their own take on things, and so it's impossible to make sweeping statement like "all GG's feel this way".

As a general rule, I've found that most women I've talked to are interested in us and fascinated by us - AS LONG AS the cross dresser in question is not their own husband or boyfriend. So on an analytical level, they are fascinated with the concept, and may even express admiration for your courage in doing so, but all that analytical interest and admiration flies right out the window when they have to deal with it in their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    As a general rule, I've found that most women I've talked to are interested in us and fascinated by us - AS LONG AS the cross dresser in question is not their own husband or boyfriend.
    This is my experience. When you affected personally by an issue, it can be far different viewpoint than when you are looking from outside.

My wife (gg) has a great attitude about crossdressers. She married one!

Actually, I didn't come out to her until after years of marriage, but she loves my feminine side just like she loves my man-side. She's rather fond of Gabrielle.

I think gg's tend to be more accepting of cd's than men are. At the same time, it seems that a lot of gg's don't care to be in a relationship with a cd. It's understandable - many women simply want a masculine man, and there's nothing wrong with that... unless they end up with a closeted cd. That's a recipe for trouble.

I count my blessings. Got an awesome wife who loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. She's an open minded woman with a very big heart.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife