Thread: What do you forget to do when dressed?

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar

What do you forget to do when dressed?

As a general rule I know most of us try to act feminine when we are dressed. But what do you do that is "manly" when wearing your alterego's wardrobe?

For me, I noticed tonight as I was doing laundry I was squatting down to pick up some fallen clothes and was squatting down without keeping my knees together. Typical man squat while lowering oneself.

Do any of you have trouble the opposite way, such as in drab mode doing things that are feminine?.

It's not perfect, but I've pretty much got the feminine motions and movements down when I'm en femme. It's to the point now where it's more natural.

In drab I don't do anything feminine, even by accident. My guy-mode is so programmed into me that it's hard not to act manly when in drab. I was always told (growing up) that I wasn't manly and masculine enough, so I got really self conscious about it. From my walk to my mannerisms. It's all very guy-like now. A quick swap of clothes and that all changes. I've got the two pretty compartmentalized.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-10-2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: removed quote, no need for it :slap:
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I'm sure there is things I do when dressed that are manly and vice verses. But there are jestures that sneak in to my guy's life that were not there just a few years ago, mostly is my physical appearance has changed.

Keep working on everything and if the guy things diminish over time so be it. Huggs Keli

Crossing my Legs

When I sit I find myself with a open cross at first,not to Lady Like,just doesnt feel automatic is it because of the spare parts?

Purfume....especially when I go out to the clubs...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Unless you are female you will have a manly gesture now and then, Not everyone will catch it. One of the tricks is to no to try to be TOO feminine. If you walk around with a limp wrist all the time it will show.

I know there are some feminine things that I do in male mode, but it is not really obvious to others, such as sitting, the way I sit in a car. I am sure there are things I do as a female that look a little masculine.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

I'm with Gabrielle here. I've been at this a very long time, and the two are very compartmentalized. Once I'm dressed, my mannerisms become feminized. Just wearing the high heels brings that out quite a bit. But I don't have any problems with feminine mannerisms when in guy mode.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Getting up out of an easy chair or off the couch I have to remember to keep my knees together. I have to work on the 'walk' alot more. Sometimes I feel like a linebacker going into a running back (I walk too fast in stores). I also have to concentrate on where my elbows are when moving.
    joank
    Southern California

Oh yes, I am sure that I cross-behave and cross-cross-behave. But I do find that wearing fem clothing brings out my fem behavior pretty consistently; occasionally I find myself moving and gesturing in a typical fem fashion when I'm in male mode. I usually catch it before anyone else does (as far as I know).
    warmly, Linnea

A lot of these behaviors are of course habits. A woman who wears skirts and dresses a lot will generally develop the habit of keeping her knees together when she sits, not sticking her butt up in the air if she has to get something off the floor etc.
    These days, I've spent so much time in skirts while traveling, that these things have become habits for me, they are not something I have to consciously think of or choose to do.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I fart a lot. I'm a loss to explain its cause
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I wish I had the opportunity to dress often enough that I 'become' the person my clothing reflects without thinking. Unfortunately, I get to dress so infrequently that I am always thinking of acting feminine.

The Only Thing I...

have problems with is having people allow me to go first to through the door or off of the elevator. I'm not used to people doing that for me that I always do that for other people!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Mostly I have the opposite problem as I forget to do things in a "not so feminine" way. My spouse points these things out to me with a nudge when we're out...Oh Well...what's a girl to do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Ordering a drink, it's so easy to forget, NO I DON'T DRINK BEER I DRINK A SMALL WHITE WINE. See CDing also helps on the alcohol intake! Can't be bad! Frenchie

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    A lot of these behaviors are of course habits. A woman who wears skirts and dresses a lot will generally develop the habit of keeping her knees together when she sits, not sticking her butt up in the air if she has to get something off the floor etc.
    I agree, I find that when I dress I have no male reactions I think I even drive differently! I am less aggressive in my driving when dressed unless a driver does a stupid thing then it is male mode!

However for the most part I think I am feminine while dressed.

I sometimes forget to do the eyebrow pencil.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Sorry, I don't forget a thing.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    As time goes by my feminine gestures and mannerisms seems to be more natural than my "alter ego".

So I need to make an effort to remember it when in drab mode
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

When I dress I forget about everything else. It started off as fear and being focused on not getting caught or trying to pass, but now being comfortable with it, the experience is more like being in a 'zone' and not thinking about the other parts of my life.

Maybe it's my long hair, maybe because I'm thin and just average height because on numerous occasions men and even some women mistake me for a female while I'm in drab! It's happened in bars, restaurants and stores. I don't act feminine when this occurs and the guys get real embarrased when it happens. I pretend to be offended but inside I'm smiling, if they only knew!