Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The return of the dress ?

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    I believe it has a lot to do with the warm weather, how many "people" wear dresses in the midst of winter?
    Well.....there's me. That's one......

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I wear a dress or skirt no matter what the weather, just can't help myself

Does this mean it will make it easier for us to pass, if the real ladies are not in pants? Wow.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think I've noticed it, I think it's because of the summer, and I think some younger GGs are wearing summer dresses or skirts more at the moment .... and that is just aweosme! Go take a look at the JC Penney catalog or the Dress Barn website or any mainstream fashion resource - summer dresses all over the place! I even saw a young GG, with a baby in a pram, wearing a floaty summer dress and heels (that's the GG, not the baby, in the dress and heels ) in the supermarket a few weeks ago Fantastic! Bring it on I say!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Was at a bar last night and noticed a couple young ladies in dresses and skirts. One young gg was wearing a floral strapless sundress. There were 3 of us guys sitting at the bar and I swear you could all our neck muscles crack as she walked by. One guy complained of neck pain after, she was a hottie in a dress, I admired both the gg and the dress.

The night before I was a TGIFridays and a young gg was sitting on bar stool in a white short body tight dress. She was doing a Sharon Stone/Basic Instinct scene and I was the fat guy from Jurassic Park that was with Michael Douglas, you know - the guy who doesn't get the girl.

I'm certainly glad to be seeing this trend. It will make building my wardrobe a tad easier than it was the last time I tried a few years ago.

Tia

From NSW Central Coast, Australia but mostly live in Bangkok, Thailand
    As a girl I always wear skirts and dresses. Here in Thailand one is always so impressed with just how feminine the gg's are. OK so they are generally smaller which helps but they really are more girly than their western counterparts. Even when they wear shorts or pants, they will wear a smock or minidress as a top and cute heels with matching accessories. They are a joy to behold. (I may go blind yet!)

agreed.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-13-2009 at 05:54 AM.

I too wear dresses and skirts year round.

I'd like to wear dresses more often but it's hard to find ones that fit me properly. Broad shoulders with slim hips & bum I'm afraid. If it fits up top, it's too big around the bottom, if it fits around the bottom it's too tight up top!
    Getting back to GGs though, I do like seeing a good figure in a nice fitting pair of jeans & heels!

For me I too pefer dresses and skirts over jeans any day any season. I just think I look and feel more femine in a dress or skirt.
    Amanda

well it seems to be a trend all over.. so gurls I think maybe it's our turn
    Courtney

I see quite a few women in dresses; I love to wear dresses myself. But I don't know if there's a strong trend toward a return to dresses and skirts. There certainly plenty of pretty ones in the shops, and somebody's got to be buying them (more than CDs).
    warmly, Linnea

Not here either. Too many country bumpkins for the mighty dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara918 View Post
    Reminds me of a joke I heard 1 or 2 years ago --

"How can you spot the real woman in a roomful of crossdressers?"

"She's the one wearing trousers."
    Cary

Dresses Skirts and Pantyhose, Bring back the feminine looking woman.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It might be the job market

I listened to a report on NPR the other day that suggested people in the workplace are dressing more professionally because the job market is so tight. Since there are still cuts to be made everyone wants to look professional and for women that means skirts and dresses. There are even a lot of companies that are getting rid of casual friday.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Welcome Elle!
    I certainly do know what you mean by wanting to get into a woman's dress!
    I worked near a college and every day was sheer torture; dozen's of pretty young girls who's dresses I would have killed to wear!