Hi All,

I've been crossdressing for years; since I was a preteen - like most. I never had a chance to tell my first wife - she passed away before I got the nerve (almost 20 years). My current wife and I are about to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. For many years I've been reading various posts and sites for some "help" in deciding what to say, when to say it, how to say it etc etc. I have to say that this site has been the best source of honest information and emotion. I haven't contributed anything here before, but have read most of what has been posted.

I got a lot of advice, but more over, I gained a lot of courage.

So, two days ago I opened up to my wife. It was hard, much harder than I thought it would be. The fear of her reaction made it almost unbearable. I continued my story with her only because she did not freak out. In fact as I went on I felt as if she was not upset at all.

After 30 minutes of me talking, she looked at me with love in her eyes and said "I knew there was something about you that you hadn't shared."

She didn't know what it was, but did know there was something.

On the "freaked out" scale of 1-10, She said she was at 17!

Sure what followed was the standard slew of questions, Why, When, How? as well as the normal concerned questions of

"does anyone else know?"
"do you want to have sex with another man?"
"do you want to hang out with other cders?"

Frankly, I wasn't sure what to say and basically said "I don't know" The "freak out" scale went up a bit I think.

The following day we discussed it further. She remained supportive and caring. I'm not sure if our relationship will suffer by this, but I have to say that I feel so much better that she knows and I'm not "keeping the secret" anymore. It's a big weight off my shoulders!

No matter how things turn out for us; I have to thank all of you for sharing your experiences here! Without your "help" I would not have been able to find the courage to be open with my wife, and more importantly be true to myself.

Thank You!