Thread: Went shopping for the first and second time!

Went shopping for the first and second time!

Hey guys!

On sunday, I did my first ever purchase in a real store. I bought two purses, and checked out. Didn't feel anxious while I was browsing the purse racks, didn't even blink when I went to pay at the cash. The lady who checked me out didn't bat an eyelash either. It was a huge confidence boost.

Then, today after work, I went to a local indoor shopping mall. I ended up buying 2 skirts and a silk top. Again, the cashier acted normal, and even wished me a pleasant evening. There were two young women behind me in line with clothes of their own to purchase, but they didn't seem to notice, let alone care.

All in all it was an eye opening experience. It was almost everything I hoped it would be
    There were even some women browsing right next to me, but didn't seem to pay attention!

Any thoughts? Thanks for listening to my experience

shopping 2

Good for you, and it just gets better as you do it often, and yes most times no one even notices, I shop all the time dressed and love every minuite of it,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. IHMO, I think how you are perceived has a lot to do with your attitude and demeanor at the time. If you look embarrassed and sheepish, it may bring attention to yourself or send out creepy vibes. If you seem comfortable or normal, most people will think you are shopping for a wife or girlfriend. After a while, experienced sales clerks witness so many different things and get immune to them. To them it is often just another transaction (i.e., they are doing their job).

Confident, not arrogant VeronikaDonahue's Avatar
    Nichole,
    Congratulations on experiencing your first shopping trips. I remember my first trip, and I was more nervous than scared. I have noticed, that as long as you just be yourself, and carry yourself with confidence, then no one will give you any problems. Keep it small at first, and work up to bigger events. I have been fortunate to have gone to amusement parks, and more.

Congrats! I agree, if you are shopping with a bit of confidence, people seem to not really pay attention to you. And don't let peoples' wandering eyes bother you, they probably could care less what you were shopping for.

Were you dressed on these shopping trips?

Aspiring Member
    The more that you go out shopping the more you will enjoy and your confidence will build accordingly.

I have found the same as most of the other girls, have, if you go about it with confidence and that it is the most normal thing that you do, no one will even take a second look.

I find that now i am just about out full time, and will be full time within the next 2 weeks, shopping as Denise is also a great confidence booster.

Good luck and keep up the good work

Denise

That is awesome that you made the decision to go out shopping....I have yet to make that move...I pass but its the confidence area I struggle in...Not the right wig...Not the right makeup...Not the right outfit...One day I hope I can do what you did and as Nike would say...JUST DO IT....I know you felt great and it was a wonderful day...You should post a pict of the outfit you bought so we can see how beautiful you are...

Erica Ann
    Congratulations on your first trips! I was very nervous on my first trip and I think I drew more attention to myself than I could have if I were confident.

Now it's no big deal, I shop, they shop and the clerks don't really care too much.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Nicole, isn't it fun to shop?? You didn't mention whether you were dressed, or in drab. As most of the members here know by now, I shop most of the time dressed, but looking exactly like what I am, a man wearing a skirt, bra and tight top! But my attitude is that I know who and what I am, and I don't care what others think. I usually just get smiles, nods, and an occasional compliment on my outfit! Oh yes, and I shop in all the women's departments, especially lingerie!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I was dressed as a man, I'm still too shy to dress up to go out

I hope to do it again soon, I have some outfits in mind

First time bra fitting and buying breast forms.

I called and set up an appointment to buy some new breast forms. The owner was really nice and took her time fitting me with forms and going over their care. I also bought a new bra while there. She invited me back any time. I always call her first since some of the other customer might get nervios.

Karly in East County kayesimone's Avatar
    how exciting for you!
    and it's true, no one really notices...sometimes now and then if you have to check in at the changing room...but as you get comfortable and confident you won't notice. Shopping is so fun ! YaY for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well done Nicole. Certainly my experience (in the U.K) is that a sale is a sale and no-ones really cares. Asking to try things on can be a little trickier, but choose your moments and this can be achieved.

BTW, you'll never have a money now you've got the girly shopping bug.

Good for you. I agree that if you try not to attract attention you will encounter few, if any, problems.

Congratulations Nicole ! If you're like me and most of the other girls there will be no stopping you now. I'm brand new at it too,but I love having the SA's help make me dress up & look girly. I don't even mind coming out of the dressing room dressed. As far as the other shoppers,that's their problem not mine.
    BTW, at Dress Barn this morning as I thanked the SA for her help she told me that she was trained to be accepting of all customers and make their experience at great one. She did too!