Thread: I finally did it, first leg shaving

I finally did it, first leg shaving

Well I finally did it. I had become fixated on the hair on my legs (maybe after reading too many threads like this). I am mostly still in the closet, so I was still a little concerned about any ramifications with the wife. But after over a week, she hasn't noticed, neither has anyone at the gym. That may be because the hair was fairly light and sparse, or because no one notices.

But I have learned some things that most of you already knew but were new to me. Things my mom never taught me:

**Razors are sharp-- I used a womans razor and still gave my self a nice little slice ( I blamed it on the cat)

**Don't dry shave--It seemed like a good idea at the time. Nuff said.

**The little buggers are everywhere--No matter how hard I looked I found more areas that I missed. I even used a flashlight. No wonder my wife takes so long in the shower. (see note above, that should have been a clue)

**They grow back--No real surprise but if I want to keep it up I will need to shave more often than I thought

**"Wow" factor--I had read many post describing the sensation of pantyhose on newly shaved legs. I had discounted it since I didn't have a lot of hair to start with, but I was wrong. It is an amazing sensation. Even if I am not able to keep it up regularly, this won't be the last time that I shave my legs. I am learning --slowly.

Jaydee

I'd love to shave my legs and body. I'm thinking maybe if I told my wife I'm sick of seeing gray arm hair,chest air etc, I may have a chance. I admire you for just doing it.

Way to go Jaydee!!! You're so right about how wonderful nylon feels on smooth skin!

Rebecca

If you have a nice tan on your legs, this being summer and all, try a nice swishy skirt around knee length to mid-calf. You think it feels good with nylons on, try it without them! I don't shave my legs. I use the Karren Hutton's tried and true proven technique of using a trimmer to get the hair real short but still visible in certain lighting situations (like when I am sitting next to my golf budy in the cart and don't want unwanted comments (cool, I used "want" twice in the same sentence)), and then bleaching the short hairs with a Sally Hansen body hair bleach (local pharmacies carry it), or as Karren recommends a cheap blonde hair coloring. I haven't worn nylons in 3 months and I go out everywhere during the day and night (definitely much easier at that time) shopping, museums, dinner, bars and and no one has noticed, or, at least, commented. Try it, you will definitely like it!

Jaydee, now you've experienced the wonderful feeling a freshly shaved legs and hose. Wait until you try on a swishy dress or skirt. It's hard to go back to being furry after that. If anyone told you being a girl and looking good was easy, they lied as you found out. What about some pictures of your new girly legs and a short skirt?

The best shaving I get is after my legs have been wet for the length of a shower.. so after the shower I usually sit on the edge of the tub and shave my legs without shaving cream.. I try to shave with shaving cream at least once a month.. I get you on the hairs popping up everywhere.. no matter how new your razor is those hairs just show up.. with shaving cream this doesn't happen as much.. as far as the nicks are concerned I still get them here and there.. the problem spots are where the knee is.. the knee cap rather and just below.. and the ankle and top of the feet and toes... believe it or not the pubic region I've never nicked.. not because I really pay attention.. just never have nicked my knocker as it were..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

OOH, you girls are going to get me in trouble, I just know it. I was sitting here in my long,white,summery swishy skirt in my open toed slingbacks with sun tan pantyhose,and now I want to go shave my legs !

I nicked my legs SO badly the first time I shaved them, it wasn't even funny!! Anyway, I found Nair for Men at Wal-Mart, and I swear by it! It stinks while you use it, but the results speak for themselves, and you literally wipe your leg hair away with a damp washcloth!! It's used mainly by bodybuilders, competition swimmers, and bicycle racers!! Oh yeah, DON'T try to use it on your face, IT BURNS THERE!!
    Aaaahhhh, the FUN and joy of getting to be the girl I always WANTED to be, I love every minute of it!!!
    A chance to crossdress is a TERRIBLE thing to waste!!!

epilator

congrats, now try the epilator when you feel more comfortable. After shaving thats another sensation. hairs stay away for a couple of weeks and legs are smoother.

I used to shave for a couple of months but after reading these forums I decided to go for the epilator. never looked back. I have a high level of pain thresh-hold, so I did the underarms and I do my face every 10 days Luckly i do not have hair on my arms or body so easy to maintain.

i have been shaving my legs for years.. i had done it afew times in the past. but once in boy mode i was getting ready to go somewhere and i was wear a black pull over shirt.. when i looked at all the lint on it and wondered how i had got that all over my chest.. that is until i realized it was my gray chest hair working its way into and out of the shirt. i started right then shaving my chest hair.. and not long after i was wearing Black Pants and noticed lint around the bottom of the legs... again grey hair was pushing though the weave of my pants.. started shaving legs shortly after that.. and continued until i now shave everything below my eyebrows.. my mother even got me shaving under my arms after several shirts had to be thrown away.. as i was using spray on deoderant and it was staying in the hair under my arms and getting on the shirts and making them stiff..

For those of you who have not yet shaved legs and body.. read up on it before you start..in grown hairs can be painful.. and if you shave the wrong direction you can get them fast..

The interesting fact is that men will actually pay $1`more for the Nair for Men when the Nair for Women contains the same ingredients and does the same thing. Kudos to the Nair Company for figuring how to make an extra dollar by simply repackaging a product and labeling it "for Men".

Contains:Water, Mineral Oil, Calcium Thioglycolate, Calcium Hydroxide, Ceteareth 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Fragrance, Chromium Hydroxide Green

WARNINGS:
    IRRITATION OR ALLERGIC REACTION MAY OCCUR WITH SOME PEOPLE, EVEN AFTER
    PRIOR USE WITHOUT ADVERSE EFFECT. THEREFORE, TEST BEFORE EACH USE BY
    APPLYING PRODUCT TO A SMALL PART OF THE AREA WHERE HAIR IS TO BE
    REMOVED. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND WAIT 24 HOURS. IF SKIN APPEARS NORMAL,
    PROCEED WITH FULL APPLICATION. DO NOT USE ON IRRITATED, SUNBURNED,
    INFLAMED, OR BROKEN SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. SHOULD PRODUCT TOUCH
    THE EYES, WASH THOROUGHLY WITH LUKEWARM WATER. IF IRRITATION OCCURS,
    CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. PRODUCT CAN BE USED ON BACK, CHEST, ARMS, AND
    LEGS. DO NOT USE ON HEAD OR FACE, AROUND EYES, IN NOSE, IN EARS, ON
    NIPPLES, PERIANAL OR GENITAL AREAS.
    KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
    CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. DO NOT
    PUNCTURE OR INCINERATE. DO NOT EXPOSE TO HEAT OR STORE AT
    TEMPERATURES ABOVE 120°F.

Oh! Smooth!!!!!!

What's next repackaging Kotex as "Kotex for Men: Never have to put up with brown spots on you underwear again!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Kristy, do it. You know you want to do it. We all know you want to do it. I would double dog dare you, but that would be poor form and unladylike.

Jersey for 33 yrs, Now Vancouver, Washington!
    Congrats Jaydee! I shaved my legs for the 1st time today too! I did a damn fine job if I do say so myself! Did my hair and makeup but haven't gotten dressed yet, looking forward to the fishnets even more now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] x o x o x o Samantha Girl!!! * remember girls, sexiness is a state of mind!!!

After I shaved mine the other day, toweled off, and slid a pair of pantyhose on, it felt so heavenly I thought I was going to pass out. Seriously, if you're not shaving your legs, do it pronto.
    My flickr.com username: Rebecca Morris! Come say hello

I LOVE the feel of freshly shaved legs, but I hate putting the effort to do it, so I usually just wear pants. But every so often, I do it just because - the feel of silk, sheets, etc. on freshly shaved legs feels AMAZING.

A tip on shaving. It might not work for all, but this is what works best for me.

Take a bath. Wash your hair and do your normal stuff. This gives a chance to soften the hair follicles. Then, use SHAVING gel and lather it onto your legs. This, I found, not only seems to make it so I nick less, but it's usually good for your skin. ALSO it helps you to be able to see what parts you may have missed.
    Second: DO spend the extra few bucks to buy a more expensive razor. I find the cheap ones make it easier to cut myself. I like the Venus razors myself. They're a lot more expensive, but they're amazing! Then, afterwards, just buy the cartridges. I've been using the Venus Embrace, and it works well.

PS. Ever heard of that Smooth Away pad that's seen on tv? IT WORKS. However, it takes a lot longer than normal shaving would. But, if you're just sitting down and watching tv, it's worth it. The downside to it is the pads they give you use don't last for too long. Maybe two seperate leg shaves. Plus, it exfoliates the skin, and helps it feel soft as well.

It's odd as where I shave mine all the time... I quite like going wookie from time to time... Just for a week or so
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Congratulations Jaydee! Leaving the hairy ape look behind! At least from below the behind.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    But I have learned some things that most of you already knew but were new to me. Things my mom never taught me:

**Razors are sharp-- I used a womans razor and still gave my self a nice little slice ( I blamed it on the cat)

**Don't dry shave--It seemed like a good idea at the time. Nuff said.

**The little buggers are everywhere--No matter how hard I looked I found more areas that I missed. I even used a flashlight. No wonder my wife takes so long in the shower. (see note above, that should have been a clue)

**They grow back--No real surprise but if I want to keep it up I will need to shave more often than I thought

Jaydee
    I've become very blessed - apparently a medication I'm taking, along with the aging process, has pretty much stripped my legs and most of my back of all hair. It's awesome!

I still shave my arms and torso every week though. Hate the chore, but love the results -- which is what I'm sure most women would say about shaving their legs.

Perfectly understand your four points. Actually, having a routine like once a week or whenever it gets bristly really helps with all four.

Somehow, continued shaving reduces the number of nicks. Just ask any pre-teen girl whose legs are covered in Band-Aids®. It may be that you become aware of the "danger spots," but, whatever, it gets better.

And, if you shave regularly, if you miss a spot it ain't a big deal.

So welcome to the smooth world! Enjoy!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Junior Member Julie-Ann Fletcher's Avatar
    I've been shaving my man bits for years now and recently started shaving my arm pits and now i shaved my chest (wife hasn't noticed yet) and i love it all......................i would love to shave my legs,i've used a trimmer to thin them out but i want them gone

i would love to be body hair free permanently...........i hate them

Avril xxxxxx

Platinum Member

Get an Eppilator

Like Natasha said get an eppilator your skin will stay hair free a lot longer
    the more you use it the longer it lasts I can now go almost a month
    between uses I will never go back to a razor.
    .................................................. ..............thanks...........ORCHID

I am so happy that you are experiencing what so many of us have talked about for so long. Good for you keep on shaving.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar

Epilator

I Epolate everything below the Neck.
    Hurts the first few times but becomes MUCH easier as the Hair becomes weeker.
    JoanAz

Yes Jaydee, shaved legs are the best. I started a year ago, and my wife doesn't mind, so I keep them shaved now. Doing it is somewhat a "pain in the ass", but it's well worth the effort. I can't imagine wearing stockings without shaving anymore.

Congrats on taking the plunge into the softer side, Jaydee!

I've been shaving for quite some time myself (everything from the neck down). No one has noticed yet. I do not care if they do either. I can hold my own and then some against any mocking I might face.

Btw - my wife LOVES my smooth body. Maybe your wife hasn't said anything because your smooth body (or legs in this case) simply feel good against her in bed (as people brush up against each other while sleeping).

It's amazing the hang ups some people have about leg/body shaving. Of course, I was one of them not too many years ago. It's a powerful fear, yet completely unfounded... which is usually not realized until later on.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Hey I can see Narnia. EVESPANDEX's Avatar
    I'm a big hairy bloke. But on occasions I do shave my legs and on rare occasions I shave everything. I'm a crossdresser not a transvestite so being hairy aint a big deal for me.