Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeling when putting wig on for first time

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by pantyhoselover
    OK, so I was trying on a wig for the first time. It gave me an overwhelming feminine feeling. I caught myself playing with the hair in a very feminine way. This feeling was stronger than just wearing my fem clothes. Anyone else have similar revelations?
    [SIZE="2"]The feeling of putting a wig on for the first time was exhilarating! I remember getting my first one – usually I delay pleasure, but I put it on immediately and looked in the mirror. I expected to look hideous, but it was OK – a new beginning. Beforehand I was thinking “what am I doing?” or “what am I getting myself into?,” but, after I put on the wig I felt wonderful. I suddenly knew who I was (a transvestite), what I was going to do (go all the way), and the realization that I’ll never, ever go back to what I was before…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 07-24-2009 at 03:54 AM.

The first time i put my wig on was the first time i saw my true self self

The same applies now, once my wig goes on, i come to life, i just wish i never had to remove it

Quote Originally Posted by Laciegurl View Post
    My first wig experience was complete awe. Truly a great feeling letting the soft hair fall about my shoulders. It is almost impossible to put a beautifull wig on and not fling it around playfully. Thanks for reminding me of that moment.
    and me !

Susan

Individual
    Hair is a strong gender marker, so it is not too surprising how wigs tend to make us feel as though the transformation is complete. I have nearly cried in the past, seeing myself complete with wig.

As some other folks have mentioned, though, I once had very long hair (well below my shoulders). It tended to be beautifully wavy (nowhere near Peter Frampton) with tinges of auburnish here and there. Like others, I cut it when the bald spot became too obvious to ignore.

I know that some TS people include hair replacement therapy, so that the hair they have will be their own. Knowing how much I loved my long hair, my wife has talked to me about this, as well.

Anyone taken steps to get their own hair back?

I don't have a wig yet, but I know exactly what I want mine to look like. Getting excited just thinking about it.

Small problem is that I picture the kind of hair I would have very differently than how my wife does. Maybe I'll just have to get two.

I remeber when I was a teen I had beautiful long curly hair. I am bald mostly now
    I hated that hair when I was younger my rednecks uncles used to always tell me I would make a pretty girl. At the time I was confused about myself. I knew I like wearing girl clothes but I thought I was a freak so it used to really bother me.
    I look back now at my pictures and I would have made a pretty girl.
    Now I wish I hadnt been so obsessed with thinking I was a freak and really worked on myself then to become more fem. it sure would have saved me from a lot of turmoil I had over this in my life.
    I would die to look like that again
    Anyways I am babbling on. I love the feel of wearing a wig but just thinking about the hair I had back then makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    Holly $#!+ !!!! I'm pretty again!!!!
    You see, as a rocker, I've had long hair most of my adult life. Then Mother Nature decided to thin that out. I tryed to deny it, (hey I'm a rocer, this just can't be happening to me) and hide it with a comb over, but deep down I knew somthing had to be done.
    Same here...in my 30s I had luxurious waist length hair...my own. This was my hippy/rocker thing, although deep down it was something else I was quite closeted in those days and rarely made use of this great asset. Then in my 40s realized something was wrong when I spotted myself (in guy mode) on local TV with an obvious bald patch. Eeek ....At that time I was working my way out of the closet and had had been out&about several times en-femme like that without even knowing. After several years of comb-overs, comb-ups, comb backs when dressing, I conceded and bought my first wig....wow ! Apart from looking pretty, I felt like I had entered a time warp and was 30 again.

But the thrill of that first wig never goes away completely...this year I bought a longer and better quality wig and got that WOW! feeling all over again.

My own hair is still down to my shoulders, but graying and thinning with a monks tonsure effect...I guess I've avoided barbers shops for most of my life so I might as well continue now...anyway, most folk wouldn't recognize me with short hair in guy or girl mode

Ah!

If only I could try a wig - I'm certain it would be a wonderful experience for me!

Chris

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    To be honest, I was disappointed. I expected to see a girl and all I could see was a guy with a 70's rocker style. Maybe it was the wrong wig.

Once in a transformation service I tried a different wig. I t was much better, but made me look older. I loved it anyways.

I have owned two wigs, the first time i placed it on my head i was over joyed. i felt complete while i wore that wig. like a kid in a toy store so to speak. I now have grown my hair out and it is about to my sholders. i keep it pulled back in a pony tail. Wigs are indeed nice but i would much rather grow my own hair out. there may be a time when i will need one again as that cursed male pattern baldness starts to creep up on me. i hope estrogen will stop this aweful trait.

Such a great feeling

You will discover other things that will give you great pleasure. Keep exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by pantyhoselover View Post
    OK, so I was trying on a wig for the first time. It gave me an overwhelming feminine feeling. I caught myself playing with the hair in a very feminine way. This feeling was stronger than just wearing my fem clothes. Anyone else have similar revelations?

Hi -- like 'most everybody, the wig is always the "crowning joy" for me --now, my question is this: I have several questions I want to ask somebody about wigs, best care, best ways to style, etc., but I don't want to post in the wrong thread -- would somebody advise me where the best place to post these questions is? Thanks in advance!

Hugs -- Diane D.

I had one once and it felt so nice to wear... It was cheap too but it felt amazing. It was blonde and long and curly. I purged it one day. When halloween comes around again I'll buy another one.

After dressing for years, I place my wig last after perfune (Halston) and am always thrilled by the enhanced look of my lipstick, eye liner, mascara and blush. My eyes seem to become so feminine and sexy. My heart pounds at the feminine image in the mirror. It's the last and final rush before picking up my matching clutch and walkinf ou the door. Heels clicking and breast forms moving in such a feminie way. I love to present the secretary in suit appearance, my favorite look. I've had men open doors for me into office buildings.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Oh yes!

The way a wig frames the face makes all the other preparation worth while. It seems that with the addition of that final piece the whole immediately becomes much more than the sum of the parts. The first time I put my new wig on I lost my breath and almost had to hold on to the vanity to keep from falling over. It hasn't changed very much to this day. I do have much more control and can continue to pin and brush and style and check for problems with my makeup or outfit, but only after the wig is in place.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Yes! And the other really neat part is putting your face on and with only a wig cap on, looking the the mirror and seeing a female looking back. Then putting on the wig and magic! (seems to be like that on the odd chance I get the makeup perfect).

SusanCD

A wig...and...TRANSFORMATION!

My first wig was a cheap one, blond and curly. I was stunned to see myself in the mirror! I, too, started to touch my hair, and move it back from my eyes, in a VERY girly way...automatically. Who is this, I thought! My second wig was much more expensive, real hair, mid-back, auburn, very lovely. I brought it home and put it on, along with some new pink capris and a colourful top...and his time, I felt as if I had discovered who I really am...inside...now, outside. This is me! I felt so cimitted, so at home. I knew that I was now on my way, truly, to being the woman that I am. It was a turning point for me.