Thread: Jeanine's first time out

Jeanine's first time out

For some reason I've been not caring much about embarassment when dressing lately and last week I decided "f it", I'm going to go out dressed fully. I finally was able to take advantage of this during a business trip to Baltimore. What a thrill!!!

I'm not trying to pass and that's never been my motivation, so I figured I needed to compensate for that. I did this by choosing a feminine but plainish outfit that wasn't too flashy such that it would obviously stand out. The idea was that I could blend in the background.

My outfit was:
    - fitted oxford-style white blouse with stripes. It had front, back, and bust darting. This created a feminine shape. I liked the white because it made my bra visible
    - a black ankle-length skirt. I chose this length so I wouldn't have shave
    - open-toed sandles with a 1.5" wedge heel. Toes painted pink
    - Cute, small plain purse
    - small hat

I did some research and decided that the Mt. Vernon area of Baltimore was probably safe. It's a gay villiage with a few gay-friendly places. My goal was to simply go out in public, walk around, get coffee, hang out a bit, etc. Minimal interaction.

I found a coffee shop called Red Emma's. This place was perfect. No one even lifted an eye at me when I came in. It has only one bathroom so I never had to deal with that issue. I literally blended in perfectly.

I will admit freely that I was scared to get out of the car. But after a few minutes in Red Emma's I realized I had achieved exactly what I set out to do- go about the day without thinking about my clothes. I sat next to a GG at the bar for about an hour and she never gave me a second glance. Chatted a bit about nothing with the barista. That was so cool!

I stayed in the coffee shop for 2 hours, got lunch, read a book, used their free internet, then went out and walked around the block a bit.

All in all it went so much better than I expected. I won't be back in Baltimore for at least 6 months however you can be sure I will do this again.

If you find yourself there, no matter how you are dressed please visit Red Emma's. They treated me right and made me feel relaxed.

~~~ Jeanine

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    Good for you Jeanine, another Cders gets her OUT badge! Congrats and great attitude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    LOL, you were about 9 miles from me !

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Jeanine, awsome! One day I'll be making this report too