Thread: Who Are You?

Departed

Who Are You?

This is a spinoff from Marla's "Pronoun" thread. After reading her post and answering it I realized what a change I've experienced over the past 1+ year.

So who am I? What name do I like to be called? What pronoun would I prefer to be used.?

When a GG friend of mine changed from referring to me as Julie or she or her and started using my male name and male pronouns I really was annoyed by that. She didn't ask or say she was just more comfortable referring to me that way, she just started doing it. It started after she saw me in drab. For probably a year or so she always saw me dressed and referred to me in the feminine then suddenly it changed. What really frosted me was when I was dressed and she introduced me to her friends in the masculine form. :mad:

Go back even six months and I don't think this would have bothered me that much or at all. But now I find myself almost insulted by that. I don't know if it was the not asking or simply referring to me in the masculine that annoyed me but I certainly know I wasn't happy at all when it happened. Have I changed that much?

If I were to choose a name to be called all the time, en femme or in drab, it would be Jules. I like it as a nickname for Julie and it can be used in a masculine sense too. As far as pronouns, that depends on how I'm dressed. This is something new to me. Never did I imagine that I would refer to myself as anything other than my given name. I'm not saying I see myself (on the outside anyway) as female. I just see myself as Jules. It seems to fit me better and I'm very comfortable with the name.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Do you refer to yourself in the feminine because it feels right? Do you see yourself as your femme name rather than your given name? If so, is this a change or have you always felt that way?

no, I"m right in the middle according to the gender test, which is very me.. at one moment I can feel very masculine (let's build something), and the next I'm fantasizing about being a beauty queen, so I just think of myself as both.. I've never even told my wife about my femme name... not sure how she would react to that.

If out and about while dressed I would prefer the famale pronouns, even if I can't pass. It just feels more comfortable. At home I have no preference.
    DonnaT

Tristen Cox
    Julie I never liked my drab name. I even thought of what other male name I would rather be, but none fit. Tristen fits. Early on I picked Lora but...well I'm not a Lora
    I prefer she of course, not related to the outer visual - but relating to what I feel inside.

If ya called me Christine whilst i was in drab mode, i'd probably respond without a second thought, let alone my male name which is nothing like Christine's.

In regard to pronouns, in the public arena (not that i'm 'out' yet), i would actually prefer the appropriate pronouns to match my apparance at the time - dressed or drab.

Here in the forums for example, i would be very annoyed if members started to refer to Christine in the male tense! As time goes by however, i find myself thinking from the perspective of Christine more often, so if people referred to my male self using female pronouns, i guess i would be more accepting of it than i have been in the past.

This is an area which is constantly changing as Christine developes her own persona.

Christine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Platinum Member
    i am just way too happy when i am thought of as wendy...or in a fem way... when thinking or being wendy to be called anything that refures to me as "him" just leves me with that unplesent feeling....

I've Changed

I remember when I first came out, having a real human face and voice refer to me as "she" or "her" provoked some interesting emotions, rather pleasent. But as time has gone on and I meet or tell more people, I find I'm going to get it both ways, him and/or her whatever suits the comfort level of the person I'm communicationg with, so I've pretty much "gotten over it". I'm just happy to be out in the real world, and I'm a realist.

My son still calls me "Dad" when I'm dressed, we have a very close relationship and we like to joke around, and he will josh with me now that he gotten used to it. I was cooking dinner one night dressed up, he strolled into the kitchen, saw me as asked, "where's my dinner bitch" I laughed so hard I almost popped the buttons on my dress. He compliments me on how well I look too, and is not afraid to be seen with me. With that going on for me, being refered to as he or she seems kinda moot.

I feel like Chrissie...I liked being called that. I wish my wife called me that but she doesn't...and my friends, other than those on this site, and family only know me by my real name. But I sure like it when I'm called Chrissie...even Christine! It just feels right...and satisfying...to me!

Here on the forum I am Priscilla,to my family and my wife and my friends at the club I am Tom.If someone else called me Priscilla,like at the club,I would answer to that name.I am out to my wife and to my friends here.In my mind I am both him and her.I am hoping that Priscilla takes over more of me,she's a much nicer person.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Aspiring Member
    Julie, I know where you're coming from here. I am starting to get really annoyed when people call me 'mate' :mad: , especially when I've never met them before. The only person who can call me mate now and I don't get offended is my colleague at work, who I've worked with for years now - but even her called me 'dear' and 'love' the other day

Anne

When I'm dressed, or thinking of myself as a TV, I love being spoken of as "she" and "her." But the pleasure lies in the sense of change. In drab I'm a he, and that's okay as long as I can be a she sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne_0
    Julie, I know where you're coming from here. I am starting to get really annoyed when people call me 'mate' :mad: , especially when I've never met them before. The only person who can call me mate now and I don't get offended is my colleague at work, who I've worked with for years now - but even her called me 'dear' and 'love' the other day

Anne
    'Mate' is something we call girlz and boyz up here but call me 'dear' I'd go mad....... that's what we call the 'grannies'!!!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    'Mate' is something we call girlz and boyz up here but call me 'dear' I'd go mad....... that's what we call the 'grannies'!!!!!
    Yes dear

:whistle: :gnight:

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie M
    So who am I? What name do I like to be called? What pronoun would I prefer to be used.?
    I am a man whom feels out of control often in life. I hate the word handsome. I want to kill when I hear it. I'd prefer pretty or cute, or something else. I hated my name "Bryan" since the first day I heard it.
    My Mom's response over the years continues to be "...I like it..." I find myself answering to Katie more often than Bryan for reasons above. It's a subconsious thing I think. But Katie is still in hiding for now. I'd prefer the correct terms also when dressed male or fem. My Dad has suggested that I say "I'm an amiture Female Impersontator", if anyone ever asked. Just so I don't get to much slack... after thinking about it... I'm ok with that

For those whom don't know me... Sorry, I suck at spelling

Katie
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen Cox
    Yes dear

:whistle: :gnight:
    GRRRRRRRRRRRR.... :-
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

My husband has told me that either name and either pronoun is alright. He did come up with a fem name to help ease the difference when she's dressed, but says that it's not really for any other reason.

Anna's says she's one person, not switching back and forth between male and female. I think it's really cool that she can meld the two together.

Because of this, my hubby acts like Anna no matter what clothes he's wearing. He doesn't have to dress en femme to be Anna.

Sunshine

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    GRRRRRRRRRRRR.... :-
    hehehehe