Thread: A story, if you need a smile today...

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

Smile A story, if you need a smile today...

Okay, thought I would try a quick story on my events today.. unlike Kimberly (wonderous travels) and others who have sooo many to tell... "love ya"

For those who don't know my history, I"m divorced with a 19yr old daughter living at home in a 5 bedroom house and a black lab. First venture out was New Year's eve this year. About 3 or 4 months ago, I decided to share this side of me with my daughter, who says she sort of knew... she took it well but didn't want to see me dressed..and I fully respect that but we did have talks about fashion and our fav show "next american top model".

well she has been on vacation (what is that???? ) for two months near Corpus Christi at her mom's. She extended her stay and then started talking about Coast Guard and living in Corpus... She's been having fun visiting.. taking drives to Corpus for nightlife, beaches and shopping..

My worries of Corpus and family is the issues/drama and drugs... she assures me, she is not foolish for all that. Only has a drink once a year or something like that.

sorry..WAKE UP!!.. its not that boring..

With new generations, its all about texting..so that was our talk today..at least its a form of communication.. right???

Anyway, she says "you know I been going to clubs in Corpus, but i didn't tell you which clubs"

so my head is spinning..

"been going to gay clubs where trannys are and they have a great show later.. i have been having fun getting to know that side of life and what its all about. Some are soooo pretty, some don't pass but still pretty.."

Wow.. my mouth dropped.. so we 'talked' more about it.

She says "it's got me curious". So i had to ask about what? "You, what you look like?"

again..wow..

I told her that I had thought her ideas and plans to move there were based on not being able to cope since I have read stories of those who had bad experiences with family and acceptance.

As the angel she is, "that will never be the reason for us" She even wanted me to move there to be near her... have to think about that one.

I gave her some insight of terms like ts, tg, cd, and tv.. and how some are not gay or reasons for doing it.. she didn't mean any insults in her terms..she just didn't realize.. but she loved how fun all were having and dancing with her 'straight' guy friend.. had to tease her about that..

She's out there again tonight, having fun..

So I had to end our conversation with "I was going to have a bubble bath and do my nails...j/k...sorta.."

She said that when she comes back next week, we'll talk about showing my pics to her.

Sorry, hope you got through this and can see how happy I am.. as I know now what it feels like when someone so close accepts you for who you are... and to be honest, i'm not sure who that is, but this is a part of it..

I closed our talk with a big "Thank you" to her...

Hugs,
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow, nice story! I truly hope that your daughter is ready to see her caterpillar dad turn into a beautiful butterfly. Please, oh please, let us know how it goes.

Kathi

Ms Cassey,

I felt great after reading your post. I think after reading what you wrote that great things are going to be happening for the both of you. If your daughter is curious about seeing these pics,then maybe she'll be able to accept hanging outw/you like that in the furutre. I hope all goes well. Always Bethany
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Truly great story. I am a widower with a grown divorced daughter and a grown married son. My late wife and I had decided at the begining of our marriage that we would not tell the children.

Well, earlier this year, after some rather scary health episodes (mine) I decided to tell my daughter. Her comment was pretty much like your daughter's. She didn't care as long as she did not have to see me. I just wish she would see me in the way your daughter has learned to see you. I don't think it will ever happen, but I can hope!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    I wish you the best for this. It could certainly be a wonderful time. Take it slowly and savor the moment.

Banned Read only
    Great story, sounds to me like she is trying to get a closer look at us and a understanding. Hope everything goes well,

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    caterpillar dad turn into a beautiful butterfly. Kathi
    Not sure about "beautiful butterfly" Kathi.. maybe a toad pretending to be a prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany38 View Post
    Ms Cassey,

I felt great after reading your post. I think after reading what you wrote that great things are going to be happening for the both of you. Always Bethany
    Thank you Bethany, I sure hope they do and I'm glad it made you feel great.. that is why i wanted to share..

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Truly great story... I decided to tell my daughter. Her comment was pretty much like your daughter's. She didn't care as long as she did not have to see me.
    Thank you Stephanie for the nice comment... have to say even though you wish it was better, at least she didn't shut you out, just set boundaries..who knows what time will bring.. hope you get her full acceptance..

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_CD View Post
    I wish you the best for this. It could certainly be a wonderful time. Take it slowly and savor the moment.
    Sue, I savor each moment we talk about this..its something just her and I share.. ok..all on here..but that is not the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Mya Summers View Post
    Great story, sounds to me like she is trying to get a closer look at us and a understanding. Hope everything goes well,
    Yes, Mya, I think her eyes are opening and wants to know about..but for now, I think alot has to do being in surroundings where all are having fun being themselves..

Hugs to you all..
    Marissa

Awwwwww, now you are making me cry. That is so wonderful, I wish you both the best. Give her a hug from me also.

Teri

Aspiring Member

Uplifting Story

Sweet story, I love the kind of story that gives all of us hope. Keep us updated on the events.

Love (I'm wiping away a tear) Danielle

Very sweet story Cassie !!! Reading posts like these help me dream of what the future holds when it comes to sharing (or not sharing) this tg thing with my little ones.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

What a cool story Cassey! I am so glad for you hun. Being able to be myself around my daughter is a great blessing for me. I wish you continued success with yours! Olivia

All I can say is, "That's great!" May you and your daughter enjoy a long and wonderful and open relationship for the rest of your lives!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

[SIZE=4]Thank you sooooo much Marla, Olivia, Sara, Danielle, and Teri [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I'm pleased to see that my story makes some happy and give others hope.. that is what I get from others who post their stories.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Someday I hope to be as lucky as you Olivia.. must be a treasure to have such an open relationship to share this part of our lives with our kids and other family members..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I long for the day a woman...uhhh man??? (anyway ) comes into my life to accept me for me.. who ever that might be at the time [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

Ms. Cassey,

I loved your story. I hope your daughter continues to accept this side of you.

Wow!

that was a nice story mscassey, i feel like crying for u, finally u get to fly like a butter fly. I envy u cos of the fashion tips u will be getting from the young generation.

Wish u luck.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Beautiful story, Cassey! I cannot wait to hear the next chapter. Best of luck sweetie!!!
    Love

Lynne

It is really nice of her to accept her parents as the way they are. She may not even realize how important that is to you. You have a great daughter.

Great story Cassey! I hope (and it does kinda sound like) that there is still another great chapter to be written.

Julie

Cassey, I hope your relationship, concerning CDing, with your daughter continues to blossom. I feel like it will too! My daughter, Ann, has been great with me. Oh, there have been a couple lil' 'setbacks' I guess, as she's become accustomed to Olivia. Her brother (27), living at home temporarily, sees me everyday, and she doesn't. When we visit her (Plano/Allen area) in the home she shares with Robert, her SO, I feel as free as I would be at home. Out and about in the metroplex, I feel much freer of course. I love that anonymity! Anyway, continued success hun and keep us up to date! O

Great Story hun i can just imagine you and her going shoping having realy girly fun,good luck with it ,cant wait for the next chapter dont leave us all in suspence
    J-JAY

[SIZE=4]Thank you all for the comments and future hopes. I'm glad it made your day..always nice to share in joy. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She had another great evening out at the club so its a side she is taking on well.. see how things go after her return next week. I stayed in nightgown and nails most of the day and thought went through me on how would she take that??? Guess I'll know after we talk again on the subject.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

Thats a great story Cassey, I'll bet your just a tad excited about all the possible new ways and things that you and your Daughter may be able to share with each other. Heck, I'm excited for you!

That is soooo cooool and funny too - she has to take herself off to another place to investigate the TV/CD/TG scene - hope it has a happy ending!

"A girl can dream and when you cannot dream there is always shopping lol!"

Loved the story! Thanks for adding a smile to my day.

It is so good to hear "sucess" stories here..and congratulations.

hope the relationship continues to deepen.
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Saskatchewan, Middle of the Canadian Prairies
    That is a wonderful story Cassey I wish you all the best and hope for my future with my family!
    My Father is male, my Mother is female that makes me 50/50!