Thread: Changing Often

Changing Often

How many times a day do you change your clothes and shoes. I find myself changing clothes 2 or 3 times a day and my shoes even more then that. Am I nuts or what. I just feel good about myself when I look in the mirror and see me dressed in different things. Please tell me I am not alone in doing this.

Once in a while I'll change clothes when I'm dressed. But most of the time, I pick what I'm going to wear, and I stay with it for the duration. It's often a lot of work to get all dressed up, so when I'm done, I'm done. But every once in a while, I'll get all done, and then decide it's not what I'm in the mood for. Then it's back to the ol' closet!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

same with me, with around 55 dress combinations and 15 pairs it's just too inviting to go right ahead, especially when I know there is more than 2 hrs to try things out. but most combinations I never take on the street, and armless dresses only releuctantly into closed buildings, as my hands already start showing their age..
    cancer man or cancer woman, with double cancer settings for me that is NOT the question!

I don't change once my outfit is chosen and the makeup's done. Sometimes when I take off the clothes, I smear makeup on them or something clumsy like that.

If I were doing a photo shoot, though, I would definitely have like 5 or 6 outfits ready to go at least

Changing often

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    I don't change once my outfit is chosen and the makeup's done. Sometimes when I take off the clothes, I smear makeup on them or something clumsy like that.

If I were doing a photo shoot, though, I would definitely have like 5 or 6 outfits ready to go at least
    Jessica: Before taking your dress off,put a plastic bag over your head and this will prevent you makeup smudging your clothes. Same when putting your clothes on. I'm not kidding. It works.
    Laura.

In my case, it depends upon what I'm doing during the day.

I usually start out in a cami or tank, shorts, and running shoes in the morning 'cause I do my morning run/walk. My hair will be pulled back in a pony-tail with only moisturizer and lipstick for makeup.

As soon as I get home it's into the shower. If I'm going to be doing housework I usually slip into "grubbies" of some sort or other, perhaps a t-shirt and shorts.

If I'm going out to run errands and the like, I usually change into something nicer, often pants or jeans, but it could be a dress, and, usually, some type of heels, generally in the 3"-4" (8-10 cm) range. That's when I usually do my day's makeup, and once done I tend to stay with it for the rest of the day.

About three days a week my spouse and I will go to the women's workout center after she comes home from work, so it's into some workout clothes, usually capris and a t-shirt.

Rare that a weeknight is "dress up," but if it is, then that's another change.
    Going out dressed up would require fresh makeup.

Whew! You're right! About 3 changes a day on average!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by laurap View Post
    Jessica: Before taking your dress off,put a plastic bag over your head and this will prevent you makeup smudging your clothes. Same when putting your clothes on. I'm not kidding. It works.
    Laura.
    Great post! Good to carry a bag like that when you're trying stuff on too.

--> Very important to remember to take it off, especially if you begin to feel dizzy or lightheaded!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I sort out in the morning what I want to wear at home and keep to that throughout the day (but change into male attrie when going out). In the evening I may sometimes change into something other than the morning choice. In bed, nylon or polyester nighties.

Most of the time it is one outfit for the day. Sometimes I change into lingerie so I guess that may count as two on those days.

Once I'm dressed for the day, I like to stay in that outfit, although sometimes I add some accessories or change a piece or two if I have a social event in the evening.

But getting dressed in the morning, it's not at all uncommon for me to try three or four different outfits and as many pairs of shoes to find the combination that is "right" for that day -- just part of being a woman, I guess.

- Diane

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraAnn
    How many times a day do you change your clothes and shoes. I find myself changing clothes 2 or 3 times a day and my shoes even more then that. Am I nuts or what. I just feel good about myself when I look in the mirror and see me dressed in different things. Please tell me I am not alone in doing this.
    [SIZE="2"]You are not alone or nuts, Barbara! I change quite often during the day, if only to fondle as many female clothes as possible. Yes, It’s fun to look in the mirror! I also change back and forth between my nylons and knee socks, depending on the temperature. I don’t have a lot of shoes, but they get the same treatment…[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You are not alone in doing the changes. For me it all depends on the situation. When I'm at home, there is no chance of going out . In that situation I usually will change several times as I try new combinations of skirts, tops, pants, shoes, etc. I consider this as practice and planning time for when I do get out.

When I'm someplace where I will go out, I'll have something for the day and probably return to my room to change into something different for the evening.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Barbara Ann-

If I'm just hanging around the house lots of times the bug will bite me and I'll try on clothes I haven't worn for awhile or try different combos and stuff. You're far from alone, I'm sure and probably no more nuts than the rest of us.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Aspiring Member
    When i only had a few hours it was not uncommon for me to change outfits a couple of times a day.

Now that i am out full time, I try to pick my outfit in the morning that I will wear all day, the only time i normallly will change, is if i am going to some place special for the evening;

Denise

You are just fine! When I travel on vacation, I'll wear one outfit in the morning, usually change at a rest stop or restroom for the afternoon into something cooler as the day heats up, and then get a room and dress to the nines for dinner! I even change wigs when I'm in the mood. It's fun to use the wardrobe and each outfit requires different jewelry as well! Go for it!