Today I took my elderly neighbor lady shopping. I was dressed fem casual in women’s jeans, a pullover top, and sandals that showed my painted toe nails. My hair was poofed and I wore some bracelets and a ladies watch. The only makeup that I used was lipstick.
When I go out dressed in a skirt or dress I always take my “safety” clothes with me. Then if there is any trouble like a flat tire I can change into drab clothing. Because I was dressed so casual today I didn’t have any safety clothes with me.
After four stores it was time to drive my neighbor home. Just before we got to her house it started raining hard. I got her into her house and helped her change her wet top. Then I made several trips out into the deluge to bring in her purchases. By the time I was done I was soaked. She said,” take off those wet clothes and I’ll give you something dry to wear.” She gave me one of her colorful lounge dresses. I put it on and started to leave. She had me put my wet clothing in a shopping bag. On the way out she asked me to please get her mail. It was in her mailbox out by the road. On the way out I put the bag of wet clothes in my car. Then I looked both ways and got her mail. On the way back to her house I noticed her adult son coming home in his pickup truck. I ran into the house just before he turned into the driveway.
I told my lady friend that her son was home. Here I was wearing a dress and my clothes were in my car. I waited until he started in the side door and then I ran out the other door to my car. Then I drove home.
That, my friends is the definition of a close call. I’ll have to be sure that I always have my safety clothes in the future. But it was kind of exciting as well. Leanne